Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Nice video, keep them coming!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    There were a number of complaints about this on the forums, so hopefully it will be addressed.
    The main "solution" was to increase weapon size, and there were a number of people objecting to increasing the size of the weapons so hopefully it will be left alone.

Some of us dont want stupidly large weapons, we prefer a more proportionate look. If you want a small character, you get small weapons, if you want large weapons, roll norn.

Clipping issues are another thing. That needs sorting, but asura weps already clip into the ground, so increasing the size would not help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    and there were a number of people objecting to increasing the size of the weapons so hopefully it will be left alone.

Some of us dont want stupidly large weapons, we prefer a more proportionate look. If you want a small character, you get small weapons, if you want large weapons, roll norn.
    You don't have to make weapons bigger to fix clipping, if anything that would amplify the problem. I don't understand why you would quote Mif about that specific thing when he didn't even mention it.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    The main "solution" was to increase weapon size, and there were a number of people objecting to increasing the size of the weapons so hopefully it will be left alone.

Clipping issues are another thing. That needs sorting, but asura weps already clip into the ground, so increasing the size would not help
    Eh, having the huge 2-handed weapons on gnomes and goblins in WoW is what makes them fun to play and watch. Again, I'm holding out to see if they increase weapon size in a later patch. If not, my Asura will be a caster instead and my human will be a warrior and my main.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gybano View Post
    Eh, having the huge 2-handed weapons on gnomes and goblins in WoW is what makes them fun to play and watch. Again, I'm holding out to see if they increase weapon size in a later patch. If not, my Asura will be a caster instead and my human will be a warrior and my main.
    Personally the stupidly large weapons in games like wow is a massive turn off for me, next its flaming shoulder pads which double the height of your character.....

I perfer a more proportionate approach to item scaling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally the stupidly large weapons in games like wow is a massive turn off for me, next its flaming shoulder pads which double the height of your character.....

I am a fan of "realistic" armours myself, I really like the Greatsword from the Ascaloninan set.

I think Flame legion set + Orrian Helm + Ascalonian Greatsword. will be my set of choice

Deleted
    I am all for properly sized weapons, don't get me wrong. But on my asura, daggers and warhorns, for example, were microscopic, and so the beautiful details on the weapons could not be seen.

Deleted
    but you chose to play a microscopic character.....I dont get it.

Deleted
    but you chose to play a microscopic character.....I dont get it.
    I suppose you're right. I don't like missing on detail though, and funnily enough they're not that small. I've took some pictures near humans and I could reach their shoulders. Granted, I did pick the highest body type available (the little slider thingie), but still.

Either way, before anything related to size, they should really fix the clipping. If I wear a robe, the weapons just disappear behind it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalla View Post
    I suppose you're right. I don't like missing on detail though, and funnily enough they're not that small. I've took some pictures near humans and I could reach their shoulders. Granted, I did pick the highest body type available (the little slider thingie), but still.

Either way, before anything related to size, they should really fix the clipping. If I wear a robe, the weapons just disappear behind it.
    I made my asura the smallest possible. I was pretty much to Sylvari's knees. It amused me.
    I think clipping is something they should address asap, I found some on my Human engineer's pistols that bugged me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I been in over my head about whether to roll an asura as my main, post BWE3. I loved those little devious guys! They had way better voiceacting than the Sylvari and humans - it seemed to me - and they were simply put interesting and fun.
    This video has been the final nail in the coffin, as my doubts about armor on Asura have been eradicated. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account

GW2 is a high tech fantasy-type MMO like WoW. Weapons are supposed to look ridiculously huge. Anyway, at least humans, norn, and char get to have the huge weapons, I get to look forward to that much at least.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2012-07-25 at 08:31 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gybano View Post
    GW2 is a high tech fantasy-type MMO like WoW. Weapons are supposed to look ridiculously huge. Anyway, at least humans, norn, and char get to have the huge weapons, I get to look forward to that much at least.
    In comparison to WoW, where daggers can pass off as 1 handed swords and 1 handed swords can pass off as 2 handed swords, I'd say GW2 has a better grasp of how big a dagger should be in relation to the character using it.

The only large weapons are the 2 handed ones, and rightfully so, 1 handed weapons are pretty reasonable.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as the clipping and absence of view in the preview pane (ie trying pistols/daggers on where completely hidden under clothes) for Asura slightly annoyed me, it wont stop me playing one, I'm sure Anet will fix it somewhat , probably after launch.

ETA: I love how Asura carry the greatswords etc, implying they are heavy for their size (which is accurate ofc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Norn look terrible. Proof -

Just because your terrible at making one does not mean they look crap
    sorry but it had to be said !
    my Norn ele female looked amazing really. I am not at home right now tho so i can't upload a pic
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    Just because your terrible at making one does not mean they look crap
    sorry but it had to be said !
    my Norn ele female looked amazing really. I am not at home right now tho so i can't upload a pic
    See, now to prove the point Norn are awesome, here's my lady:
    When I told her AE said Norn look terrible:

Just being a badass female norn Ranger.