Thread: My Worry's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    I pretty much dived into WvW at lv13 and never ran low on cash, the Badges you get from fallen enemies can also be exchanged for Siege blueprints. So running around with a bunch of those actually didnt cost me a cent.
    Yes but the quantity in which they could be there versus how much they are there will go up. Also, your skills are limited as well as your lay of the land, and your familiarity with your server isn't there either. I feel like those who do WvW will get to know each other really well and have more fun because of it. Leaders will rise too, and there will be a lot more dedication or communication that is structured.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone was doing Keg Brawl
    Valar morghulis

In DAoC's frontiers there would be a lot of times you'd go out for a battle and not find anyone doing anything. Then an hour later you'd have 100v100v100 battles going on over a bridge in the middle of nowhere. It was rather unpredictable like that.

Find out who the leaders are and put them on your friends list. There will always be leaders that rise up and somehow get the masses to follow them, and when they're on you know there's going to be action. Find it and follow it.

I didn't try WvW this last BWE but in BWE2 I didn't have any trouble finding action. Never did get to do the eternal battleground, was always full, but got into the other three maps easy enough and there was plenty of fighting to go around.

change maps much? i had to que for every wvwvw map at anytime of the day i played
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Dempsey View Post
    change maps much? i had to que for every wvwvw map at anytime of the day i played
    WvW was at half capacity bwe3

Also.....Anet have said WvW will work on a 24 hr cycle at release to give server pops time to settle.
    That should help resolve any issues with things being dead and help gets things stabilized quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    I pretty much dived into WvW at lv13 and never ran low on cash, the Badges you get from fallen enemies can also be exchanged for Siege blueprints. So running around with a bunch of those actually didnt cost me a cent.
    As an added bit to this you can get quite a few badges from the jumping puzzle. I think I got an avrage of 17 each day between the two puzzles and you can compleat them in just a few minutes once you get good at them asumeing you dont bump into an enemy spoiling for a fight inside. you'll also get a couple random blueprints for your trouble as well. I got to play around with a siege golem thanks to that chest

Who is John Galt?

I found there were always a lot of people playing WvW. I heard you have 300 people per server on any of the 4 maps. 1200 people per server can play and it was full numerous times. To me that is a good sign of things to come. If the servers were empty due to WvW being unsuccessful then I might worry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    WvW was at half capacity bwe3

Also.....Anet have said WvW will work on a 24 hr cycle at release to give server pops time to settle.
    That should help resolve any issues with things being dead and help gets things stabilized quickly.
    Honestly, I'll probably avoid WvW until they switch to 2-week cycles.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Same tbh. I'll be too busy exploring the wonderful world itself to be battling over bits of it in WvW.

I never once found WvW to be lacking participants. There was occasionally a lack of siege equipment, but that's typically due to inexperienced players and a lack of funds.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I'll probably do some but more than likely I'll just show up to run the jumping puzzles quick late at night or something till the matches run longer. One advantage of doing the jumping puzzle is you can farm the badges of honor and siege blueprints that way so you dont have to spend coin on siege and instead save it for keep upgrades. Fun as WvW is alot of the draw is the longer battles. I've seen plenty of these one day fights and will have a ton of other new stuff to go see for the first couple weeks.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Yup, all full. Though I only tried to join a couple times.

One night I even tried after the reset, right after it kicked everyone out. I was standing at the portals right when they reset, a minute or 2 after the hour I went through the portal...full, tried the other 3 portals...all full.
    You may know this already but it isn't necessary to go to Lion's Arch for WvW. Just hit B and it opens up the interface for joining from wherever you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey39 View Post
    You may know this already but it isn't necessary to go to Lion's Arch for WvW. Just hit B and it opens up the interface for joining from wherever you are.
    when a match ends anybody in WvW gets ported out right in front of those portals anyway so the place can get quite crowded when a map flips over.

Who is John Galt?