Poll: marihuana - legal or illegal

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Not sure about that, people get addicted to all sorts.
    i guess it depends on your definition, you don't get hooked on weed perse, but some people just want the high all the time so smoke all the time, quitting isn't normally hard (unles u've become addicted to the niccotine)

only thing i can think of is some heavy smokers sometimes find they struggle to sleep without getting high first . . . not sure if thats a "real" side effect though...

Deleted
    It should be legal. alcohol and cigarettes kill more people then cannabis wil ever do. in the known history of this world there hasnt been a single report of a person dying from it. and to say its addictive is bullshit.

I smoked cannabis from when i was 15 years old, (im dutch) i am 33 now and moved to sweden where it is illegal. and so far i have not felt the need to smoke it.

If it was addictive my wifes parents and al the people arround me wouldv noticed.

Make it legal with restrictions and you wil Definetly see crime go down. al the bad storys out there are just made up storys.

Hemp was grown freely in the WHOLE world untill those idiots in america decided its illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Not sure about that, people get addicted to all sorts.
    Its a mental addiction, its not the same as tabacco where it feels like your body breaks down if you dont smoke.

Yes should be legal. becaue its fun =)
    N

It should be legal, and have no restrictions. Alcohol is legal, and has restrictions, the restrictions make criminals out of the innocent.

As a parent I'd rather buy my kids alcohol, and let them drink were they're safe, and supervised. If anything were to happen I'd be arrested, or my kid could be out driving around, killing himself, and/or others (or drink to much and do something stupid, like go swimming..).

How many automobile accidents happen each year, where someone smokes weed, and loses control of their vehicle killing people?

I don't smoke weed any more, but I did as a teen. Honestly our prisons are full enough, no need to add more over petty "restrictions".

---Edit---

Besides, people really need to chill the fuck out, weed would help.
    Last edited by Pickynerd; 2012-07-24 at 05:08 PM.

Legalize it along with most other drugs, keep addictive as sh*t substances away from the general public.

All that's being done is a black market is created. People will still use it and they will also go to prison. Prisons profit from more inmates hence why no drug will be decriminalized.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Legalize it, tax it, and make driving under the influence penalties have some teeth, up to and including permanent loss of license.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm Dutch, where is the "It should stay legal" option .

Limitations should be equal to those of alcohol (which might be raised from 16 to 18 years here).

10+ Year Old Account
    Legalize it.

Tonight, I'm going out to celebrate my friends 21st birthday. The alcohol I will legally be consuming is going to do more damage to me then the bowls we'll be illegally smoking.

I don't have anything against it. It's like smoking alcohol in effect and health issues.
    I don't use it because of the smoking part. Don't want shit in my lungs.

I haven't used drugs, except Alcohol that is, but if I'd encounter ecstasy for example I maybe would've tried it. I don't think I would get addicted.
    I have encountered Marijuana though but didn't try it and didn't resent any of my friends for using it since I don't find it any more harmful than alcohol, based on what I've read about it's effects and side effects.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

Legalize, Regulate, Tax.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Legalize it, control it, apply standards. Much like for alcohol.

I would also advocate this for prostitution, but thats a different thread I guess ^^

I don't even like the stuff, so I'm harldly the stoner type trying to legitimise my habit.

Legalize it, tax it, and regulate it. As well, figure a more reliable way to determine when someone is under the influence. In the case of accidents.

Legalise and apply the same standards/rules which Alcohol has. There's no reason it should be illegal whilst Alcohol is still legal, and advertised no less. Alcohol actually damages your body (and kills a LOT of people), weed doesn't.

It doesn't harm you (on it's own that is, smoking anything will harm you)
    It isn't addictive
    It calms people
    It reduces the effect of supposed illnesses (especially funny when it's to help Asthma), with a Green Card I believe? Not American, don't really know.

Note: I do not smoke.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-07-24 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I've seen a lot of people supposedly not addicted to it keep taking it and never quitting, until they're real potheads. They become slow, sluggish, airheaded, their use of it shows a lot. That taking a drug has no effects and no addiction is laughable.
    No one's calling you a liar - but your observations have no basis in medical fact.
    Those observations are an indication a person is high, not that they are a frequent user.
    These things disappear a day or so after you stop using it entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    One wrong doesn't make a right.
    I'm against it. People try to justify their addiciton to this drug to a ridiculous level. There is no motivation what so ever to take it outside of medical use. It's a drug and that's how people use it. Justifying it's use is pathetic.
    can we make alcohol illegal again in that case?
    i mean if your argument is "there is no reason to use it outside of medical use, and it's addictive."
    alcohol is physically addictive as opposed to just psychologically addictive and has much fewer medical uses
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll agree to legalization as long as the locations where one can smoke it are limited. I don't want to walk down the street and inhale that filth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Deleted
    ILLEGAL. Drugs are bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    I'm Dutch, where is the "It should stay legal" option .
    It's not legal in the Netherlands. It's just that they don't send you to jail for it.

Anyway, in theory I'm not against legalization. As long as it has the same regulation as alcohol.
    People who are too stoned in public should get jailed. And people driving stoned need their licenses taken away.

But when you do it at home or something, hey that's your business. You're not hurting anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    How many automobile accidents happen each year, where someone smokes weed, and loses control of their vehicle killing people?
    Don't say it doesn't happen!

Last year I was almost ran over by a car which was full of thick smoke on the inside.
    This was in the Netherlands... so take a guess what they were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanani View Post
    ILLEGAL. Drugs are bad.
    Care to explain what's bad about this drug? You might as well not post at all if that's all you're going to say.

/giving you a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    True, but marihuana does not create a psycho dependance like other drugs do. People might get addicted to it, because they like it so much, not because the drug forces the brain to get addicted (like heroin).
    huh pretty sure it does have physiological dependance... its physical dependance you are thinking of