Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Hope you don't ever need medical treatment for a countless list of diseases and the associated drugs that treat them, because animal testing is responsible for lots of life saving medications.

You can take your ideals to the grave, and I'll respect you for it.
    I will, thank you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Test on babies since it's for a good cause and all.
    There are laws against that.

Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    Damn hippies ruining our testing on infants...

Deleted
    This is no different then using rats for the experiment, animals are animals, however i cant help but feel that their cruel bastards for doing that to those poor little sods because of having a little cat myself at home.

Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    There is also laws against animal cruelty, which i'm fairly certain this would fall under.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-07-24 at 07:17 PM.

Quite a waste to run tests and experiments on animals when jails are full of animals as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Quite a waste to run tests and experiments on animals when jails are full of animals as it is.
    One of the people who don't understand what they're trying to accomplish. There's a reason why all the kittens were newborns. Even if we did allow them to do it on prisoners, it wouldn't produce the needed results.

Im positive in my lifetime Ill receive medical care that's been studied with animal testing, so I'm 100% cool with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monsters....i don't care what you are testing...harm a kitten and i will hunt you down and rip your throat out with my teeth <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck. I'm all for science, but I really do have a soft spot for cats. I had one for 17 years, pretty much was my best friend. But still, it's for science. I don't know if I should be angry or not for them doing this. I wouldn't feel so strongly about this if it was done on rats or even dogs. I'm very biased, I know.

I just hope the kittens are treated as well as they can in situation like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Monsters....i don't care what you are testing...harm a kitten and i will hunt you down and rip your throat out with my teeth <3
    Even if they're working on a potential cure for childhood blindness?
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I just hope the kittens are treated as well as they can in situation like this.
    I don't doubt that they were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Even if they're working on a potential cure for childhood blindness?
    I don't doubt that they were.

Yes, i know I'm a hypocrite as i have prob used animal tested products...however if i knew they were tested on a kitten/ cat i wouldn't use them anymore

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I will, thank you.
    I hope you don't take any over the counter medicines or prescription drugs, as all of them are tested on animals before being certified for human consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Yes, i know I'm a hypocrite as i have prob used animal tested products...however if i knew they were tested on a kitten/ cat i wouldn't use them anymore
    If I weren't at work, I'd google that and ask you to put your money where your mouth is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who gets super mad about this needs to ask themselves why the idea of the constant infection of lab rats with cancerous tumours doesn't bother them and this does. Is the answer because you find kittens cute and rats disgusting? If you have the courage to answer that question truthfully, now ask yourself if your opinion is based on logic or emotion. If it is based on logic, explain that logic. If it is based on emotion, your opinion is invalid and does not hold up against any kind of logical argument, and you need to re-examine how you go about forming your opinions on matters of morality.
    Last edited by Tuvok; 2012-07-24 at 07:46 PM.
    "The truth, my goal."

It's kinda pathetic how many people lose sense once a kitten gets involved. Studies like this happen all the time to rats and you don't see this "outrage". The comments section on that site is seriously derpfest of idiocy.

Also, these people are all like "this is barbaric please stop this", I bet these are the same people who were there when the KONY video came out and shared it and thought they were helping the world. These are all people who live and die off trends and waves, and don't really understand what any of the issues really are.

Seriously, do people not listen in highschool biology class? I see so many people saying "this could work if we just blindfold prisoners/paid human participants" NO IT COULDN'T YOU IMBECILES. There's a reason why the kittens are newborns -- a newborn's brain is at its most sensitive point, it's still developing there, and making the kittens blind as soon as they're born is the only way they can see how the brain adapts to it. You can't just fucking strap on a blind fold on a grown man for a few weeks and produce the same results.

Fuck. Biology 101.

It's sacrificing something for the greater good. We're sacrificing the lives of kittens so that maybe someday we can prevent blindness entirely or help children who are born blind without giving them implants. Millions of animals die per day so that we can eat and get fat, but if 20 kittens get used in an experiment one time to try to help the entire future of blind people? Outrage. Fucking ridiculous.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-07-24 at 07:43 PM.

That is terrible! How can we claim to be so superior when we would treat other living creatures like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Anyone who gets super mad about this needs to ask themselves why the idea of the constant infection of lab rats with cancerous tumours doesn't bother them and this doesn't. Is the answer because you find kittens cute and rats disgusting? If you have the courage to answer that question truthfully, now ask yourself if your opinion is based on logic or emotion. If it is based on logic, explain that logic. If it is based on emotion, your opinion is invalid and does not hold up against any kind of logical argument, and you need to re-examine how you go about forming your opinions on matters of morality.
    As i said above, animals are animals, its the same as testing on rats, however what riles many people up is that they have special feelings for cats since before because of pets etc which they don't share with rats.

When basing it on logic it really is the same thing no matter if you use a rat, a kitten or perhaps a puppy, when basing it on emotions some animals are generally more accepted as test subjects by society then others.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-07-24 at 07:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes the world would be a lovely place if emotions/ morality wasn't involved 0o

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to make an omelette, you're going to have to crack a few eggs. Animal testing is a necessary evil.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    If you want to make an omelette, you're going to have to crack a few eggs. Animal testing is a necessary evil.

Keep following that mindset and eventually you'll be justifying every evil thing you do.