Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    ...but then you realize Blizzard takes a 15% cut, then you transfer it via Paypal, which takes another 15% and you become a sad panda.

But anyways, that was actually a cool story (no troll). I didn't think of that type of story, though my logic was funny
    =/ I get depressed every time they take a cut of money :_:

...but then you realize Blizzard takes a 15% cut, then you transfer it via Paypal, which takes another 15% and you become a sad panda.

But anyways, that was actually a cool story (no troll). I didn't think of that type of story, though my logic was funny

except its entirely wrong, lol

theres only a 15% paypal cut, blizz doesnt take an additional 15%, unless its on commodities which nobody sells, rofl they only take $1; as if they'd charge you 30% on a $250 transaction, thats absolutely ridiculous, lol.

"For commodities such as crafting materials, gems, gold, and other “stackable” items, a 15% transaction fee will be deducted from the total sale price."

only commodities get hit with the additional 15% (and nobody even sells this shit except gems maybe), not items. i love all these tinfoil hat wearers that dont even have a clue how the rmah works talking trash about it, lol
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2012-07-26 at 11:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Yes. Lets give EVERYONE full access to the full game as a beta. Then wonder why no one buys it after beating it in beta.

A little common sense would help here.
    They could at least give D3 beta access to people with annual pass since they bought game already.
    Imagine ,1.2M people testing D3... teh game would be much MUCH better....

http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/07/diab...ters-approved/
    inferno design by jay wilson
    yeah sure they tested it

To OP - I feel the same, D3 IS NOT finished.
    Stopped playing like 2 weeks ago, waiting for 1.04.

Quote Originally Posted by pavulon View Post
    They could at least give D3 beta access to people with annual pass since they bought game already.

yeah sure they tested it

You know how many people have annual pass? Yeah, good luck stopping everyone from going to internet for few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You know how many people have annual pass? Yeah, good luck stopping everyone from going to internet for few months.
    why is that a problem? How many betas have you been through with non disclosure agreements? Happens all the time.

Deleted

yeah sure they tested it

The Diablo 3 beta wasn't a beta. It was a demo.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

yeah sure they tested it

Can you say there wasn't 1.2 million in the beta? Do you have any proof on ho9w many were in it? Untill you do you can't say they needed more testers.

Also right on the top of your link is this statement.

When Blizzard tested Diablo III’s Inferno difficulty, it ran detailed testing to ensure it found an appropriate challenge level – and then threw that data straight out the window in favour of turning the dial all the way up.
    Whats so wrong about that? They even said they did this well before it was released? How does this mean they didn't test it?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    except its entirely wrong, lol

theres only a 15% paypal cut, blizz doesnt take an additional 15%, unless its on commodities which nobody sells, rofl they only take $1; as if they'd charge you 30% on a $250 transaction, thats absolutely ridiculous, lol.

"For commodities such as crafting materials, gems, gold, and other “stackable” items, a 15% transaction fee will be deducted from the total sale price."

only commodities get hit with the additional 15% (and nobody even sells this shit except gems maybe), not items. i love all these tinfoil hat wearers that dont even have a clue how the rmah works talking trash about it, lol
    Tinfoil hat you say? How am I talking trash? I merely made a statement. Please refrain from jumping into OTHERS conversations attempting to bash someone for accidental mistaken information.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-07-26 at 04:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading the first page i keep seeing the same arguments and rebuttals i see in just about any thread about Diablo 3.

D3's beta very much was just a demo, they did not allow a thorough test of the whole game by a proper amount of users. That is why Inferno was terribly unbalanced and higher level classes were also flawed and unbalanced.

WoW is very thoroughly tested, most arguments point out that D3 is not WoW and never will be because there is no Sub fee. People point out that the D3 team doesn't need to fix things in a timely manner because they already made their money on the product when you purchased it. This is a bad business model though. If the D3 team wishes to sell any copies of an expansion, they need to have a player base who trusts them and is willing to invest more money into the game, otherwise the expansion will fail. Also what about the RMAH? No money will be made via RMAH if people aren't playing due to a flawed product that isn't worth their time.

If you ask me, we need to get back to the days of paid beta testers. If you want a solid product, sometimes you have to spend money to make money. Paid testers are more inclined to do the job they were hired for. Open beta is treated like free early access to the game these days, and you get kids who just want to play the game and don't care about searching every nook and cranny and trying different actions in different situations to try and uncover any flaws. Most the time, today's open beta testers won't even report any bugs if they find them.

The quality of shipped products is getting worse and worse as the years go on. Not just from blizzard, more or less across the board. The reason why is simply because gaming is an activity that millions of people enjoy, and will spend money to keep their hobby going no matter how bad things get.

15+ Year Old Account
    Every software house has a team of dedicated testers and there are several testing approaches and strategies. Some people are assigned to actually challenge mechanics and indeed try to create weird states. You can actually count on the fact that majority of side effects are covered inhouse. However it is impossible to cover all states. Most games are housing multiple complex systems, the graphics engine, the sound engine, the physics engine, the game core and much more. All these tend to interact and create side effects on their own. With every increase in complexity you will have an increase of possible states.

The majority of states which would bring the game to a halt is never reached, the majority of those which can be reached can be eliminated through vigorous inhouse testing, the open betatesters themselves will add to that number but usually they discover most times what is known already. So whatever slips through in the end is really the minority. Therefore there is no reason to make mountains out of molehills.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Tinfoil hat you say? How am I talking trash? I merely made a statement. Please refrain from jumping into OTHERS conversations attempting to bash someone for accidental mistaken information.
    my apologies, im just so used to people idiotically bashing the rmah as the devil's work on these forums because they're misinformed and well....brainwashed into thinking that its going to "ruin" the game in some way, which i find interesting, as its already paid my rent thats coming up in the next couple of days, lol

OT: its not really all that surprising, im willing to bet only a small handful of people that even worked on D2 got to touch D3, hence the reason its kinda shitty. Same goes for Cata/MoP, the lead writer/designer left shortly after BC was finished to go work on Titan, and would explain why the lore or lack there of has been rather pathetic in cata and from the looks of it, MoP as well.

Either Titan is going to be fuckin-a-mazing, or Im really starting to lose faith in this company.
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2012-07-26 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    Either Titan is going to be fuckin-a-mazing, or Im really starting to lose faith in this company.
    Said this with cata, said this with d3, no longer going to waste my breath. Blizzard is no longer the top dog in the gaming industry.