Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm currently at 223k, guess I'll be first in line to get it...

But yeah, I make most of my weekly income from raid soloing. So no surprise there.

account wide I'm currently at 168k, I won't "force" this achievement, it will come by itself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Psst! it's an achievement, not mandatory content :3
    Nothing is mandatory in this game, though
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Perhaps that's silly question but where can I check my current gold looted passed 100k?

Deleted
    Has been said before, but I'll point at it again:

AoE Loot

you'll get less gold off a boss, but in turn it will be possible to loot the gold from the whole instance trash in a time that will be worth it. I'll say the achievement, if you're pushing for it, has become quite a bit easier, not harder.

This isnt an achievment in the first hand even tho blzzard doesnt seperate such stuff from real achievments.
    At least it isnt something that you go for, and that you present your friends like "Hey look at me, what extraordinary stuff i have done".

It is more something along the lines like "Ah ok, i always wanted to know how much i looted in 4 years of wow, well now i crossed 200k".

My guess is you just thought of a way to open ANOTHER whine thread about the gold nerf.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tested it out, farming on a bot on my test account (this is for science, no hard feeling, right?). It farmed for 12 hours and nettet med around 5-6k gold of only looting. That's around 500g hour. Now if we say that 6000 gold * 30 for 30 days = 180 000, that's almost done in a month. Now you may say botting is wrong or something, then do it yourself. If you dedicate up to 12 hours farming at one place it can almost be achieved within 1 months and some days. It's hard and rough yes, but it's a last achievement and it's nothing you're getting for free obviously.. Where to farm? Those "nazis" in uldum, elites.. they drop around 1.5-4g each and average time to kill them with good gear is 15-20 sec most. So making math that is 3 each minutes +/- depending on drops, perks etc.. average drop is 2.25gold ish, just a average if not nerfed. 2.25*3 for ech minutes * 60 for 60 minutes. is just below 495 gold. I'd assume right number is around 430-480 g due to afk etc, but really depends if you have the 10% guild perks cash flow which turns in almost 43-48 g exra for each 430 gold- 480gold.. that is quite some gold and easily around 500g / hour

---------- Post added 2012-07-26 at 12:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    I'm currently at 223k, guess I'll be first in line to get it...

But yeah, I make most of my weekly income from raid soloing. So no surprise there.
    Yeah indeed, soloing old raids net way too much gold. I usually do MC, TK, BT and BWL and overall I get around 4-5k ish gold from looting there if not more including trash etc. that's alone 20k gold in a month.. Take raiding and other farming in there and it goes easy 25-30k a month which is alot just from looting..

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Perhaps that's silly question but where can I check my current gold looted passed 100k?
    open the ACHIEVEMENTS tab, go under the STATISTICS tab, then CHARACTER, then WEALTH, then you see GOLD LOOTED

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    open the ACHIEVEMENTS tab, go under the STATISTICS tab, then CHARACTER, then WEALTH, then you see GOLD LOOTED
    Thanks a lot

AOE loot will be your new best friend.

TBC instances (I would go non-heroic at first, on heroic you can die if your over confident) are very easy to solo, just run through and grab huge packs and smash them, then loot all the gold at once.

Something like Blood Furnace is cake, Magister's Terrace is easy as well, if your feeling overpowered hit up WOTLK dungeons or if you really wanna flex your stuff some Cata 5 mans once your 90.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I tested it out, farming on a bot on my test account (this is for science, no hard feeling, right?). It farmed for 12 hours and nettet med around 5-6k gold of only looting. That's around 500g hour. Now if we say that 6000 gold * 30 for 30 days = 180 000, that's almost done in a month. Now you may say botting is wrong or something, then do it yourself. If you dedicate up to 12 hours farming at one place it can almost be achieved within 1 months and some days. It's hard and rough yes, but it's a last achievement and it's nothing you're getting for free obviously.. Where to farm? Those "nazis" in uldum, elites.. they drop around 1.5-4g each and average time to kill them with good gear is 15-20 sec most. So making math that is 3 each minutes +/- depending on drops, perks etc.. average drop is 2.25gold ish, just a average if not nerfed. 2.25*3 for ech minutes * 60 for 60 minutes. is just below 495 gold. I'd assume right number is around 430-480 g due to afk etc, but really depends if you have the 10% guild perks cash flow which turns in almost 43-48 g exra for each 430 gold- 480gold.. that is quite some gold and easily around 500g / hour

---------- Post added 2012-07-26 at 12:40 PM ----------

Yeah indeed, soloing old raids net way too much gold. I usually do MC, TK, BT and BWL and overall I get around 4-5k ish gold from looting there if not more including trash etc. that's alone 20k gold in a month.. Take raiding and other farming in there and it goes easy 25-30k a month which is alot just from looting..
    BTW where is those elites?I remember tol'vir merchants drop so much but they have 70k and if u have done the q you will not see them.
    I tried Fleshwerks on terribad geared lock and Im assuming i can get 200g per hour on auto loot now.
    Even with AoE loot it will net 300-400g per hour which is somewhat low.
    I estimated if you are getting 500g/h it will need you 16 2/3 days played to get the achievment.
    Or this is 40 days of 10 hour each day farming some spot.Probably the best spot is fractured front.With Treasure finding pots u can get max 400g/h.With AOE loot you can get probably 600-700g/h depends on the luck with the chests.
    Farming TBC/WOTLK dungeons will not be very potent because of 5 dungeons/hour they will not give more than 300g/h.
    Cata dungeons are dropping from 30s to 2,5g per mob.But mobs got 300k+ hp(some even more) and it will be slower than other dungeons.
    Only chance for them is if u are lucky with elementium lockboxes(~1-2% chance) because they give 20-50g and have a chance to get another from them(its possible to get 2 new lockboxes from one LOL).
    But i still have 8 weeks to MoP and I ll farm some raids.(Im at 46k gold looted because of laziness).
    Edit:I havent saw anything on the beta or blue posts for 200k gold looted will be account wide.It will be cool.
    Last edited by mmoc6a74dbb481; 2012-07-26 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted
    Remember the ToC dailies that give a bag of gold ?

Solo the easy cata 5mans with potion of treasurfinding and get elementium lockboxes. and treasure chests. also CTA for the bag if it remains in game. And whatever good farming spot you find in MoP content. with aoe looting it gets alot easyer to grind dungeons or raid trash farming.

Im just over 100k looted, and do not intend to stress farm this. Tho i might farm some TBC content for some of the missing patterns of my enchanting and tailoring.

I'm at 98k as we speak with 179 days played.
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

Deleted
    I think the nerf is clearly legit.

Deleted
    Do you know if its account wide progress?i changed main(old main ahd 95k gold looted) ,now new main 90k and each alt around 50k.Total gold looted around 350k

Yossarian - thanks for the tip!

Unable to find confirmation of it being account-wide atm...

Just remember guys: Saying daily quests will help is wrong. That isn't gold looted, that is gold earned from daily quests (a separate achievement under the Quest Tab), which in itself is separate from the achievement for gold earned from quests.

Looted gold much come in the form of a loot window. Be it from a container or a corpse. So the Champion Satchels from the Argent Tournament do award the 10g (and 2 Champion Seals). Another good one is the Northrend Rarespawns. The Lost Adventurer's Satchel they carry is a solid like 20g. And of course, mass-slaughter of lower-level creatures + AoE looting = Win.

Quest rewards don't count for these achievements. To count as looted the gold must move from a loot window to your inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowe View Post
    Aoe Trash-Loot wont help with that achievement. Do you know Faerlina in Naxxramas?
    I pulled the whole trash before her (about 70mobs) and i looted 76silver.
    The bossgoldlootnerf also includes a trashgoldloot-nerf.
    They didn't nerf mobs outside of raids afaik, and there is so many good places to farm gold.

Got 307k gold looted on my Paladin.