Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I'm already at 280K on my main, and have an alt with 100K. Bring on the 500K achievement.

Trade Prince Donais as of 5.0.4 is still the same elite level wise, but the guards around him are now level 90 to reflect Mists. You can still kill them one by one, but it might be tough for some classes. He still drops the same amount of gold.

Aoe loot will help a lot with this

I was at 178K looted before they did their change and now I am at 132k looted of 200k. how the hell does that work?

---------- Post added 2012-09-16 at 01:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baltazar1999 View Post
    Aoe loot will help a lot with this

AOE loot has been confirmed to drop less than if you kill and individually loot mobs.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Got this achievement as the patch went live.

I got the 200k achievement when it came out as well. I did a lot of weekly raid boss farming back in Wrath and Cata. Magtheridon used to drop 500g a week, I had TK and Karazhan on easy mode farm status and for a while I had Kazzak and Doomwalker on lockdown. Weekly I would make 2k+ from soloing alone (including vendoring non boes) and when you throw in the gold made from killing tier 11 bosses, it was a lot of gold looted.

It will take some time to get post patch now that gold drops from old tier bosses have been reduced to 10g or so. Curious as to whether tier 7 bosses were nerfed as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    An optional achievement that will take hundreds of hours of playtime to complete?

Sounds like a good idea to me!
    This. There used to be a fair few of these, but there isn't lately - nearly all the achievement just look like ones they you will get while playing if you have a mild interest in achieves.

Need more like this, mount achieves that require a load of rare mounts, likewise with pets etc.

Not every achievement should be "achieved" within a week of deciding you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    AOE loot has been confirmed to drop less than if you kill and individually loot mobs.
    Excuse me, since when?

On-Topic: It is something you just get over the course of a few months / years. It isn't something you should farm, although you can if you really want. By playing and doing raids, you'll easily get that!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Excuse me, since when?

On-Topic: It is something you just get over the course of a few months / years. It isn't something you should farm, although you can if you really want. By playing and doing raids, you'll easily get that!
    It doesn't. Some people just don't understand that loot is random.

Actually I can confirm that the overall gold drop worldwide has been lowered. pre-5.0.4 when soloing TK I would get around 1g per trash mob killed (so about 5-6g per pack); now with aoe loot I get about 20s for an entire trash pack.

The amount of gold a boss or trash mob drops in a dungeon/raid is now dependant on the number of people present when it's killed. They'll drop the same amount as before the patch if you go with a full group. Molten Core is a 40 man raid and Ragnaros used to drop ~120 gold before the patch, or 3 gold per person. That 3 gold is the amount you'll get from now on, regardless of how many people are in your group. If there are 10 people, Ragnaros drops 30 gold, which is split amongst all 10. With 5 people, he'll drop 15, etc, etc. They implemented this for every raid/dungeon as far as I know and affects both trash and bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Actually I can confirm that the overall gold drop worldwide has been lowered. pre-5.0.4 when soloing TK I would get around 1g per trash mob killed (so about 5-6g per pack); now with aoe loot I get about 20s for an entire trash pack.
    They nerfed gold drops in raids. Kill one at a time and see what they have on them. It's not much.

Deleted
    I think i'm around 50k atm and i haven't even tryed to get it.

Deleted
    Moin moin,

They just put it together the loot so i´m close on the 100k.
    And with MoP i will get it and when not the AoE loot will help me alot..

Your,
    Holy

Deleted
    I got the achi the day it was implemented to the game (already had over 200k looted, now it does seem kinda iffy though with the new change to golddrops from bosses).
    Looted about 120k in a year or so.

As long as you're playing the game, you will get it eventually. So does it really matter?
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

i got the 100k and ive got around 400 days played
    with the ammount of gold that goes up every addon i doubth it takes that long
    edit: ingame it tells me i got 150k and i was never farming or something and only thanks to aoe loot i loot stuff that is not a raid boss!

classic i was happy about 500g! now i sell gems for 1000 (or used to)

but i still hate the gold nerf in instances. that was one good reason to move people to old instances if you needed transmog gear .. HEY HELP ME THE INSTANCE DROPS 1k GOLD !! .. now .. hey 1 run give you 50g! ..
    Last edited by darkminaz; 2012-09-22 at 11:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got the 100k achievement, but since its all shared I got no idea how far to 200 I am atm. Got 54k on the main char though.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

try to buy all lockboxes.