Thread: Holy in MoP

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Holy in MoP

So does anyone know how holy is doing at max level on the beta? I can't seem to find much info on it. I have a level 88 priest on beta, and it feels like holy healing at this level is just ok. Mana regen seems kind of weak too.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Holy is in a really good place right now.. although Renew spam is pretty boring, but we have so many tools. This was a boss we did the other night, mind you I'm not even playing optimally without mouseover macros, power auras & vuhdo.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...m/healingDone/
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

How does holy feel compared to the way it is now in a raid setting ?

Not having to cast something to enter a chakra state is great and the new lightspring has a lot of potential. The new level 90 talent Cascade is very effective as well. The only complaint I'd have right now is either mana cost or mana regen needs to be addressed. In my opinion Holy is looking good enough for me to switch main specs from Disc
    -.-

It's a ton of fun.. I think, at least in 10man, there wasn't enough usage of PoH because of how many amazing instant casts we have... but it's been a lot of fun! Which is what Holy has always been about for me. You really really really have tools for all situations now.... if only they'd get rid of Chakra completely though......

I'm looking forward to testing in 25 mans.

Did you swap Chakras? I see Sanc in your buffs gained log 10 times.

Deleted
    The play style is pretty similar only now we have 90 talents to mix things up. That and...mana feeling more like energy and the need to spam solace.

Quote Originally Posted by Felade View Post
    Did you swap Chakras? I see Sanc in your buffs gained log 10 times.
    No I did not.

And this particular fight was not friendly to Solace.. I meant to switch to Mindbender. But I also think we weren't clearing our debuffs enough and thus we were taking a tonnnn of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by lo0ney View Post
    Not having to cast something to enter a chakra state is great and the new lightspring has a lot of potential. The new level 90 talent Cascade is very effective as well. The only complaint I'd have right now is either mana cost or mana regen needs to be addressed. In my opinion Holy is looking good enough for me to switch main specs from Disc
    I really hope Holy doesn't have mana issues, because that's the only thing that kept me from playing it in T12/T13; its huge mana issues compared to Disc which seemed to have zero mana issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Mazi, is lightspring better for just that fight or would you say overall (do you use it as a mini cd)? Have you tried any hc raids, and if so how is Holy healing?

Deleted
    I started playing WoW when cata launched, my friends made me play WoW and sincr then i've always been a Spriest.
    Bit with the new changes as of right now, our dps spec is not looking so good. And realy want to go healing spec. Because that looks alot of fun. Is playing Holy fun or is it boring?
    If its not fun il just stick to my priest because that class is my love

Holy is fun i think, always has been for me , one question though for regen is mindbender or solace better not tested beta much and would like to know which would be better to use when MoP comes as my off specc will be disc and ms holy

Thanks for info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kacie View Post
    Holy is fun i think, always has been for me , one question though for regen is mindbender or solace better not tested beta much and would like to know which would be better to use when MoP comes as my off specc will be disc and ms holy

Thanks for info.
    Solace is better at 1.3 casts per minute I think, maybe its 2.3 now, can't remember...

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I really hope Holy doesn't have mana issues, because that's the only thing that kept me from playing it in T12/T13; its huge mana issues compared to Disc which seemed to have zero mana issues.
    Well I can definitly notice a difference in mana management on beta vs live. Holy seems a little more forgiving in starting gear than it has in cata. Now if only holy got a rapture-like mana regen ability, they'd be set.
    -.-

Deleted
    Or they could simply bring back holy concentration. Anyways, I don't think they will make drastic changes in such a short time; we'll have to wait until MoP (live) and see how the whole hpriest playerbase reacts to the spec state, then maybe they'll boost the regen or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by lo0ney View Post
    Well I can definitly notice a difference in mana management on beta vs live. Holy seems a little more forgiving in starting gear than it has in cata. Now if only holy got a rapture-like mana regen ability, they'd be set.
    No. We want to get rid of Rapture as a stupid regen mechanic, so all healers can be baseline rather than some higher or lower than others and pretending to balance otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by hellgrimm View Post
    Or they could simply bring back holy concentration. Anyways, I don't think they will make drastic changes in such a short time; we'll have to wait until MoP (live) and see how the whole hpriest playerbase reacts to the spec state, then maybe they'll boost the regen or something like that.
    All healers are going to have mana problems in early Mists. That's the point of wearing greens and quest blues. If they have to boost Holy's regen, they'll be boosting everyone's regen.

Then we're at Wrath 3.0
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    No. We want to get rid of Rapture as a stupid regen mechanic, so all healers can be baseline rather than some higher or lower than others and pretending to balance otherwise.
    If all healers had the exact same base mana regen and only ever had to worry about casting their healing spells, I'd personally find it pretty boring. Maybe rapture isn't the best design but having something that requires timing and a fair bit of skill to maintain and regen mana more efficiently gives classes more depth. Maybe that's just my opinion though. I do agree though that balancing classes around these types of mechanics would be tough
    -.-

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm seriously considering rolling a holy priest for MoP, so thanks for all the input. I play resto/boomkin on live, and want a bit of a change this xpac.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Deleted
    I can imagine them tinkering with spirit regen slightly tbh.