Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The Secret World - I'm really struggling with...not the difficulty or anything, but just to even load it.

It's a mystery to me - on paper it seems great, I love the genre, but...I just can't rustle up the enthusiasm, barely even bothered with the beta weekends (relatively).

For all the character/skill system is different...there's something quite familiar about the questing - and when I saw messages in chat "looking for tank for instance" or "healer looking for group" they made me retreat from the game that little bit more.

Maybe I just need to give it a little more time...but...

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Binding of Isaac
    Path of Exile
    Smite
    Team Fortress 2
    The Walking Dead
    PA: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3
    Blacklight Retribution
    League of Legends
    Team Fortress 2 seems fun from what I'm reading. I'm gonna try it these days haha thanks for that! I also wanted to play Smite but I can't get a hold of a beta key

Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    The Secret World - I'm really struggling with...not the difficulty or anything, but just to even load it.

It's a mystery to me - on paper it seems great, I love the genre, but...I just can't rustle up the enthusiasm, barely even bothered with the beta weekends (relatively).

For all the character/skill system is different...there's something quite familiar about the questing - and when I saw messages in chat "looking for tank for instance" or "healer looking for group" they made me retreat from the game that little bit more.

Maybe I just need to give it a little more time...but...
    Of all the things TSW is offering (no levels, no classes, non-standard quests, investigation missions that tie into "the real world", lots of story, full voice-acting, cosmetic-only gear/clothing, etc) the removal of the trinity is not one of them.

Sometimes you have to stick to what you know, at least to some degree. And that's what they've done... just like GW2 has decided to keep classes and leveling-up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    Of all the things TSW is offering (no levels, no classes, non-standard quests, investigation missions that tie into "the real world", lots of story, full voice-acting, cosmetic-only gear/clothing, etc) the removal of the trinity is not one of them.

Sometimes you have to stick to what you know, at least to some degree. And that's what they've done... just like GW2 has decided to keep classes and leveling-up.
    I wish I could put my finger on specifically what it is that puts me off...I've played other trinity games and enjoyed them by just avoiding the instances etc. I think perhaps the questing is part of it - for all there're the research quests...I was also getting a lot of more traditional ones.

Anyway, like I say, it's here to play so maybe I just need to give it more time...frankly I'm amazed because it was pretty much my number 2 most anticipated game. Ah well....sometimes that's just how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Demidov View Post
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution again.
    this. such an underrated game.

Deleted
    I don't know if it was ACTUALLY said here yet, so I apologise if I'm repeating stuff but Path of Exile actually has a stress test this weekend that is open to pretty much anyone.
    I'm going to see if that takes the boredom away for a bit *Fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    I did try this while I waited between BWE. It was a horrible game compared to GW2. It played like a single player game, the cutscenes were a very nice addition but everything else was horrible and I am a huge star wars fan.

at the moment I'm either playing LoL, BF3 or DotA2.
    To be honest, GW2 played more like a single player game to me as no one groups or talks, you just interact with each other by chance while zerging objectives.

TOR is only single player if you choose to play it that way, there are plenty of heroic quests that require groups and grouping together has interesting interactions with the RPG elements.

I've been playing Sims3. Is that embarassing? I bought up to pets before project boycott EA was in place.

I don't really play for relationships though. My sims might befriend another sim if I'm trying to raise their charisma for job stuff to get the money, but other than that nobody ever has kids either.

Mainly I downloaded a cool island city, but it was mostly farmland, so I'm renovating the center of the island with high rises and putting in apartments and night clubs. Building stuff is fun in sims 3.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Highly recommend TSW.

I think most people are getting around 200 hours of gameplay right now to complete the current content and there is more coming on the 31st of this month as far as I know. That is more than enough to keep my busy till the 28th of next month and well beyond. Fantastic story, voice acting, and setting(s) so far. Very different from your standard MMO and definitely not easy so go into it with the realization there is going to be a learning curve if you decide to pick it up.

---------- Post added 2012-07-25 at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    To be honest, GW2 played more like a single player game to me as no one groups or talks, you just interact with each other by chance while zerging objectives.
    I actually felt this way too, but it was beta and people are probably more focused on getting their own experience out of the game with the limited time they have. I'm sure chat will be a lot more active and groups will be forming for a lot more stuff (guild and otherwise) once the game is released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerlop View Post
    GW1 for GW2 rewards. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hall_...uments/Rewards I think the game is 40 bucks now or so for all the expansions.
    This.
    GW1 is really fun once you get into it. Give it a go!
    Also, play The Witcher 2, Deus Ex: HR, Skyrim and Diablo 2. Plenty to do there!

Oh and pokemon is nice, though don't go past gold/silver/crystal.
    Last edited by mmocc12e1a6c25; 2012-07-25 at 11:54 PM.

Dragon Age: Origins and Awakening. I'm going through them again, finding new things and getting new achievements.

10+ Year Old Account
    play wow, to wait for gw2, to wait for wow

wait-ception
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Hm... what would I play if I had nothing else to do? Lemme see...

The adventure island series
    The mario series
    the metroid series
    the metroid prime series
    the zelda series
    the grand theft auto series
    red dead redemption
    final fantasy series (the ones haven't played yet)
    Jade cocoon 1 and 2
    The kingdom hearts series
    the persona series
    the disgea series
    Diablo 3 (again)
    starcraft 2 (again)
    Robotrek
    Base wars
    The donkey kong series
    Soul calibur 5
    One Must Fall
    Warrwind
    M.A.X.
    Xenoblade
    Xenosaga
    Xenogears
    Megaman series
    School Rumble

to name a few.

Currently playing the following daily;
    Path of Exile
    Rift
    Pokemon Black
    The Secret World

Occasionally playing;
    DOTA2
    Magic the Gathering 2013
    League of Legends
    End of Nations
    Cities XL 2012
    Aion
    Phantasy Star 3
    Diablo 3

All fantastic games.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't an Online F2P Shin Megami Tensei just released?

You mean Imagine? That's been out for a while. It's also terrible.

Overlord and Overlord 2

Nothing warms my cold heart more than watching a horde of minions cause chaos and destruction

Borderland or as someone said The Secret World

I am not playing anything, before bwe3 I watched 4 seasons of Eureka, I guess I will try to find something similar on Netflix to kill time.

If you own a PS3/360 I highly recommend Dragon's Dogma.