Thread: Pre-ordering

Pre-ordering

I was thinking I finally should get around to pre-ordering GW2.

After having a look around though, I'm a mite confused and I was hoping anyone could shed some light on things for me. I had a quick look around but didn't find the info I wanted.

Personally I don't care a figgin' for a box to put on my overflowing shelves, I just want the game.

Arena net sells a €55 digital edition and a €75 digital deluxe edition (Lets go ahead and ignore the €150 collector's edition, shall we?). Amazon.co.uk (I'm European) has two editions listed a £35 standard edition and a £50 standard edition (which specifies that it's only a code on a card).

So now I'm totally confused. The boxed version from amazon is cheaper than the digital version from amazon AND the digital version on arena-net's own website?

Is there anywhere I can get a digital download pre-order for £35?

Where did YOU pre-order?

Amazon has many different companies that sell on the site. Prices will vary. Some people run sales, some people don't.

Deleted
    I pre-ordered @ Gamemania here in Breda, Netherlands. A friend bought it from the official GW2 website. Both were equal in prize

10+ Year Old Account
    Having looked into that myself, yes that is quite weird. If I'm correct, the £35 version is the boxed version they send to your house and you don't get (assuming here mind you) the 3 day head start and the £50 version gets shipped out to you early with the early access code. Again, assuming here mind you.

As for myself:

Slapped down the $59.99USD on Anet's website.

I say get the £35 version and save some dough.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're not looking for a boxed version then go to greenmangaming.com and look up for Guild Wars 2. They have the Regular Digital Edition for 54,95€ and the Digital Deluxe Edition for 74,95€ just as Guild Wars 2 official website.
    However you can use a code ( PARTP-ALCNO-TIESU ) to get 20% off.
    They have both US and EU versions.

I like to collect boxes, so I bought yesterday the 35£ one from amazon.co.uk. Being a pre-order I assumed it came with the 1 day headstart, as stated in the Guild Wars 2 FAQ.
    However, after getting in contact with amazon's customer support they said: <<Unfortunately, Amazon.co.uk is not offering pre-order codes for this item "Guild Wars 2 - Standard Edition (PC DVD)".>>
    So I just cancelled that order and now I'm looking again for a company that sells the pre-order edition and has free shipping to Europe. If anyone knows one, share it please. =)
    Last edited by -Nero-; 2012-07-25 at 02:18 PM.

Deleted
    i bought the digita edition with headstart for like 45€. just look at random european shops, they sell it cheaper.
    ah well £35 are like 45€. i dont think it will get cheaper

I got the game off of Greenmangaming (i think they are uk based as well). I got it when they were running a 25% off promo. It was a digital download and they just emailed me the key.