Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post

MoP is certainly not an in between expansion. It may be good or it may be a dud, but they've created a whole new continent, which Cata did not, and 6.0 may not (I expect a "look, we found some forgotten floating islands from Draenor, in addition to the old Oultland zones!" for 6.0.
    Don't Think so. I believe they will make something BIG on Outland. I wouldn't be surprised if the patch is about reconstructing Draenor. With the scattered land masses recomposed in a full planet at the end. But for what Metzen said I expect more than a continent, in different planes (meaning you need transportation, as Zep/boats work in Kalimdor/EK).

Half way through Brewfest doesn't surprise me but it's a pain, I was hoping to get all my alts to 90 before Brewfest and get easy epics... though, that's probably what they're aiming to stop :P

I think the $20USD is a fair difference in pricing the normal version over the deluxe. If you're interested in pets and mounts that's what you'd pay for one pet and one mount at the blizzard store. It's a good extra option. I thought they might allow buying the physical CE through the blizzard store and offer the digital d/l with it so you didn't have to wait on release day, but this works too

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Cata release was great. There were barely any problems at all, so I'm not sure why you think all of that stuff this time around. I'm sure it'll go fairly smooth.
    The Cata release was great? I guess we don't play the same game
    I still remember that i wasn't able to log in for 2 days after the release, because either the queue was full or the server was offline. And we had like 2 patches every day for 2-3 weeks

Sooner then I exptected

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Release the kraken.

September was a bit more time than everyone thought, with the beta starting back in March, but it's still better than December.

2 more months of DS though D:
    Errr... Beta is always approx half a year. Nothing new with that. Pretty easy to predict the release date when you have the beta start date, give or take a few weeks either direction.

Likewise, pretty easy to know that there isn't going to be a May release, as some loons precicted, when the beta is not released by February.

---------- Post added 2012-07-26 at 12:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Minehoe View Post
    And Question? How many years have you played wow? And would you not agree the expac should be free since you pay a sub and the graphics and content are less then sub par?
    In my case, on my 6th year now.

Second question: Firm NO. Actually, the exact opposite: The day when Blizzard start to give expansions or subscriptions away for free is when I finally quit playing. My time is valuable to me, Life is short, and while playing games may have it's flaws as a pasttime, for sure, if I am going to spend my time playing a game, it better damn be the best there is to play. If a game is given away for free, it most likely is not the best there is.

I really WANT to pay for my entertainment, to make sure i get stuff that is professionally done.

I want xpacs that are designed to sell in their own right, not xpacs that are designed to promote a subscription or that are "alibi" xpacs.

I want a game that is worth paying a subscription fee for, much rather than one that is merely an excuse to sell tacky add on features. F2P sucks.

Playing a free game is like making up leftovers from the street your lunch just becauase it is free.
    I admit that I am privileged in living in a reasonably wealthy Northern European country where the annual sub fee is less than a few football game tickets per year, or the more typical "a few pints in the pub". If I lived in the third world, sure, I would grumble about the fees. But where I live, a reasonably developed industrial nation, the sub fee as well as the every-two-years price of the xpac is literally coffee money. I am more than happy to pay them rather than stick to stuff so unattractive that it is given away for free, or as an excuse to promote other paid services.

Thanks for listening.

Deleted
    £29.99 not bad pricing, actually cheaper than Amazon which is like £35.

Damn D:

I was hoping for oct 2nd because I have two major uni assignments due on oct 3rd.

Already pre-purchased . The countdown begins.

Awesome cant wait ^^

Quote Originally Posted by wredd View Post
    I say THAT, from previous experiences were Blizzard has literally stolen ideas and concepts for upcoming expansions from other games just to keep player fanbase from dropping.
    I had to LOL at this line....because 90% of MMO's haven't been virtual WoW clones....NOBODY has ever taken an idea from another game. EVER.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Damn D:

I was hoping for oct 2nd because I have two major uni assignments due on oct 3rd.
    Not like WoW is going anywhere...

Seems sudden. I only have 8 weeks to get all my alts up to scratch O.o

Deleted
    FUCK YEH preordered my digital deluxe :]

I'm disappointed to see that people are actually excited about a digital deluxe edition. The pet shop already smacked of F2P monetization in a subscription-based game, and now they want to charge $20 extra for a single model? The main collector's edition is fine because you're getting those hard goods for your money, but I find this to be another disappointing cash grab.

I can't believe that people support this model. Some people offer entire games for that price. Hell, I paid $10 extra for my Borderlands 2 Vault Hunter edition, which contains a map, artbook, Marcus bobblehead AND digital enhancements. In what world is a single in-game model worth twice that much? Is the desire for prestige items in this game really so easily manipulated?

Quote Originally Posted by kazso View Post
    I still remember that i wasn't able to log in for 2 days after the release, because either the queue was full or the server was offline. And we had like 2 patches every day for 2-3 weeks
    THANK YOU, I knew I wasn't the only one with such memories.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazso View Post
    I guess we don't play the same game either, as I logged into Cata at 12:01am at launch and had no issues what so ever. I was amazed at how polished the launch was compared to WOTLK. Small bug fix patches after launch are the norm, lots of games do this.

$40 bucks online that's pretty dam cheap for a game here in Australia. From what I've seen in the beta MoP has way more content compared to the games they sell for $80-$100 here.

cata release was very smooth for me. i just logged in as soon as it went live and started playing, only problem was that xp bug where u woudn't get xp and they fixed it very quickly. this is why i got so pissed off with the diablo 3 release, if they could make the cata release so smooth why was diablo 3 release so shitty?
    Last edited by hellboyy; 2012-07-26 at 03:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    TOO SOON!!

Nah just kidding, it's just about right on time.

Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy View Post
    $40 bucks online that's pretty dam cheap for a game here in Australia. From what I've seen in the beta MoP has way more content content compared to the games they sell for $80-$100 here.
    Yes, isn't it great. "Lucky Country" lives up to its name for once

2 Months till I can master the way of the monk.

Deleted
    My big bro would have been happy to get it released on his b-day. Too bad he's dead