Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You better yourself by learning your class, not by putting on purple items. You better yourself by learning how group play works and knowing your role within the group, not by putting on purple items. You better yourself by using the test dummies to maximize your personal dps, and then using the rotations you learned and adapting them to group play, not buy putting on purple items.
    So by your logic, first you have to go through a few weeks of LFR until you've "learned" your class and then, once you've met some imaginary mark set by some random dude off the internet, then you are "qualified" to start to roll on loot.

Gotcha.

I get hating those douchebags that /AFK the fight, or die on purpose, etc and are a nuisance and leeches, I really do.

But guess what? Those are the same douchebags you get in BG's since forever. LFR didn't invent those people.

Oh, and the new LFR loot system that will take place in 2 months, well, that will invalidate these self-appointed loot adjudicators. So, enjoy it while it lasts?

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    I'm dropping myself right into this but recently i've been needing on everything in LFR and then giving it to people who actually deserve the items. I mean as in i see a player doing 25k dps on ultraxion in 378 and 346s im inclined to think they are playing their class well, and thus should be supported by getting extra rolls on their part.

I find its a win win on my part:-
    1) the people who I do give the items to are actually really appreciative and sometimes even make new friends
    2) the scrubs that are there, expecting to be carried, get mad, call you a ninja and threaten to report you if you don't give them the item, which I get a good laugh out of.

I honestly can't be the only one that does this..
    Enjoy while it last, you wont be able to do it anymore in a couple of motnhs.

Also, why do you think you have any right to dictaminate who gets the item? You are just making the system worse.

Have you asked yourself if the one not topping the chart uis not topping it because its in crappy gear compared to the almost full heroic geared guy topping it, and that maybe the one not topping it actually needs the item more?

If you think that because you do this you are improving anything, then you are wrong, you have just managed to make a not so good system worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    If he has 395 gear then go go ninja it..., if it's someone in pre lfr gear doing 13k then don't...
    Pre-lfr? people where doing 20k in 359s, which means they most likely bought the 377 pvp gear and jumped in LFR = scrub.

---------- Post added 2012-07-25 at 06:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Have you asked yourself if the one not topping the chart uis not topping it because its in crappy gear compared to the almost full heroic geared guy topping it, and that maybe the one not topping it actually needs the item more?
    I never said the person i would give the item to needed to top the DPS meter, i said that was doing well.

10+ Year Old Account
    as fangless said....It doesn't matter you have 2 months left... blizzard makes the decisions and they decided it would be better for loot to be out of players hands when it comes to LFR :P

Deleted
    as fangless said....It doesn't matter you have 2 months left... blizzard makes the decisions and they decided it would be better for loot to be out of players hands when it comes to LFR :P
    And LFR will get worse, now there is zero encouragement for players to do well. They can just sit there, do low dps and have equal chance at getting loot. Therefore even more scrubs then there is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    And LFR will get worse, now there is zero encouragement for players to do well. They can just sit there, do low dps and have equal chance at getting loot. Therefore even more scrubs then there is now.
    And how does that affect you in your higher than lfr gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, since LFR is 99% scrubs and 1% you there carrying everyone else, just do everyone a favor, yourself included, and stay out of LFR, since obviously, normals and heroics are more your cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    This. I did it just to vendor/shard everything since 99% of the time the rest of LFR people are worthless.
    I hate this attitude since worthlessness is so subjective amongst this community.

Deleted
    And how does that affect you in your higher than lfr gear?
    Believe it or not, everyone will be in LFR grade gear for the 1st month or so..

I never said the person i would give the item to needed to top the DPS meter, i said that was doing well.
    Which is a subjective matter. How do you dictaminate who gets the roll if more than one people performed well? What parameters are "performing well" to you? Why do you think you have the right to decide those parameters?

This is one of the problems with this ganme, too many people think they are entitled to things they are not. Let RNG decide, just pass on the items you dont need and the RNG will decide who gets the loot, like in every other situation in the game except for master loot (where the whole raid acepts someone to be master looter, so the whole raid gives him the power, no one gives you any power here except yourself, which is basically the definition of a dictator).

Again, you are not improving the system, but its irrelevant since you wont be able to do it anymore.

But know this, you are not better than any other form of ninja. You are just as bad as those that ninja those items to disenchant them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Which is a subjective matter. How do you dictaminate who gets the roll if more than one people performed well? What parameters are "performing well" to you? Why do you think you have the right to decide those parameters?

This is one of the problems with this ganme, too many people think they are entitled to things they are not. Let RNG decide, just pass on the items you dont need and the RNG will decide who gets the loot, like in every other situation in the game except for master loot (where the whole raid acepts someone to be master looter, so the whole raid gives him the power, no one gives you any power here except yourself, which is basically the definition of a dictator).

Again, you are not improving the system, but its irrelevant since you wont be able to do it anymore.

But know this, you are not better than any other form of ninja. You are just as bad as those that ninja those items to disenchant them.
    1) if someone is in the top say, 5 with 378 gear, they are doing quiet well
    2) if the person can follow simple mechanics like pressing a single button on ultraxion
    3) if i win the item, i can do what i want with the item

You are dropping yourself into this one, but you are entitled to your roll due to your participation in the boss kill. What you do with the rolls you win is up to you, so don't worry about what anyone says to you. I certainly don't think it's a dick move, just a personal choice of what to do with your roll.

Is the boss dying? Then they all have the same right than anyone. Yes, its annoying when afkers are in your group, but is also annoying when people like you, that need items without actually needing them are there too. You are not better than afkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until the almighty blizzard over rule you and prevent you from rolling on gear altogether :P

1) if someone is in the top say, 5 with 378 gear, they are doing quiet well
    2) if the person can follow simple mechanics like pressing a single button on ultraxion
    1 and 2 are subjective, the 6 one could have done a good job too and again, who gives you the position of judging who follows simple mechanics and who doesnt? Oh right, no one but yourself.

and 3, yes, the same excuse those ninja that roll for disenchanting use, again, you are not better than them, as i said.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tomorrow i'll buy a gun and give head shots to people who I belive are behaving incorrectly

Ok, I might have just taken it to a new whole level lol, but you get the idea... you simply can't do that, and I believe you'd get banned if it wasn't because Cataclysm is "over".

Until the almighty blizzard over rule you and prevent you from rolling on gear altogether :P
    I find this hilarious. Blizzard actually implemented a system that has everybody with a chance at loot whether they need it or not. As an individual, the chances of getting loot will be the same as they are now in a group with everyone rolling need on everything they can roll need on, except without the chance that someone can pass it to you later if they actually didn't need it. It'll remove the drama, but the new system probably decreases an individual's chance of getting something. Blizzard didn't overrule the ninja roll, they just made it so everyone does automatically without having a choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude as much as LFR's grate on my last nerve with the amount of lazy assholes swarming it.
    Sometimes you just CANNOT know their story.

And it's not fair to that minority. So don't. If you don't need the gear, just let the little rats throw their dice. It's not your place.

As much as I would love to be the one to ruin Mouthy-Joe-screams-and-swears-at-everybody-but-does-crappy-dps's day. The system shouldn't be mine to manipulate.
    And of course that is going to change as such with the dawn of Mists.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Believe it or not, everyone will be in LFR grade gear for the 1st month or so..
    And yet, that's not how hardcore raiders did it for years. The went from dungeon blues right into normal mode.

"Oh, but I don't have my set bonus!!! "
    "Oh, but I don't have the weapon/trinket/etc I want!!! "

Tough shit, they sucked it up and waited another week to try again. They didn't need to use training wheels in LFR.

So, OP, why are you going to be in LFR, since you obviously don't need anything from it?

i got some free loot by this method off of a guy

funny thing is i was only there for the gurth drop and i was in almost full pvp gear and still was top 5