Single Player Games

I used to be a big WoW player, but grew tired of it mid cata. I then went to League of Legends, and the community is so volitile i just need to take a break from it. I am turning to the gaming community for good single player games. I have a computer capable of playing high graphic games on max settings, and an Xbox 360. So what are some good single player games i can turn to since other people seem to just frustrate me.

What kind of genres do you prefer?

Until you give us some info on what you like general recommendations are:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution: All around awesome rpg fps.

Skyrim and Elderscroll series: Awesome open world rpg.

Amnesia the Dark Descent: Excellent fear and story driven indie game.

Guild Wars 2: A nice new MMO by ArenaNet if you are looking for something with community. There is a MMO-C guild and Info forum if you want to check it out. (Brain skipped over the single player part on my first read trough but it is an excellent option and without a sub fee so I'll leave this here.)

Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas if you are into postnuclear Roleplaying games

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim, if you are big on open world RPGs
    Mass Effect for a cinematic experience, if you are into sci-fi (3rd person shooter/RPG hybrid) though I'd suggest investing in the whole trilogy which might cost $80-100 depending what deals you can find
    Trine is a great game, a fun side scroller adventure with very beautiful graphics

I've enjoyed Deus Ex HR and the Witcher so far, but haven't finished them so I won't recommend them.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Jorad View Post
    I used to be a big WoW player, but grew tired of it mid cata. I then went to League of Legends, and the community is so volitile i just need to take a break from it. I am turning to the gaming community for good single player games. I have a computer capable of playing high graphic games on max settings, and an Xbox 360. So what are some good single player games i can turn to since other people seem to just frustrate me.
    Gears of War series for the Xbox360. The "daddy" of cover based shooting.
    Max Payne 3
    Dante's Inferno
    Lego Batman 1 & 2
    Arkham Asylum & City
    Mortal Kombat 9
    Kingdoms of Amalur
    Halo Reach
    Call of Duty or BF3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eletastic View Post
    Amnesia the Dark Descent: Excellent fear and story driven indie game.
    >.>
    <.<
    >.>
    <.<
    and then the monitor was broken from the freak out.

I personally absolutely adore Metro 2033, can take a look if you want.

If you want to fiddle with some slightly retarded AIs and zombies, you can play L4D2.

I've been playing Ys Origin for quite a bit recently.

Deleted
    I'd recommend Skyrim and Fallout 3/New Vegas.

They're single player games, but there's so much stuff to do. And you have plenty of different routes and choices to take as well.

I wish games like those would come out more often. They're my absolute favorite. Far better than any Blizzard game imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorad View Post
    high graphic games
    good games
    Oh boy, I don't like the sound of that. But anyway, there are like 12412598 recommendation threads like this on the forum, let me just link to one of my older posts.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Half Life. All of them.
    Also, Grim Fandango.

Deleted
    Dwarf Fortress

Quote Originally Posted by Mokhtar View Post
    Fallout 3................if you are into postnuclear Roleplaying games
    Fallout 3: goty edition so you get all the addons, and forget new vegas was ever even released, Skyrim is enjoyable at best, prefer fallout 3 a lot more.

on your xbox 360 the mass effect series may interest you? I don't know much about it or have never played, but when it comes to good single player games on the xbox... well I think those are hard to come by. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning has really fun combat, a bit on the easy side and the content is there just very repetitive when it comes to side quests, and the story is not that special, but I had fun with it.

For PC, maybe.. torchlight 1 could even get torchlight 2 paid off and get your free copy of the first to burn some time, that can last a month or so.

I don't play enough to be warranting a response but this is all that came to mind!

The Binding of Isaac. Very simple and very addictive. It can be is a very frustrating game.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R is definitely worth mentioning if you're into post nuclear games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev12 View Post
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R is definitely worth mentioning if you're into post nuclear games.
    Stalker doesn't involve any nukes.

Skyrim
    Galactic Civilizations 2
    Final Fantasy IV and VI
    Minecraft if you feel like building stuff, and that can turn into a multiplayer game with friends and not people like the LoL community pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Stalker doesn't involve any nukes.
    Because Chernobyl's Nuclear reactor never exploded?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    Because Chernobyl's Nuclear reactor never exploded?
    Okay, technically you're righ here. Still the game is pretty much about the magical zone, anomalies and monsters which are as far from real nuclear catastrophe aftermath as they could be.

Amnesia the Dark Descent