Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Tough choice, but I think I would pick George Harrison, I think he was the most underestimated Beatle and my personal favorite from the band personality-wise. Runners up would include Lennon, Morrison, Mercury, and Cobain.

Chuck Schuldiner (Death)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cobain maybe, except that I kinda doubt the music would have stayed at the quality of Nevermind, so maybe not... Staley, maybe, although the new dude is acceptable... Dimebag or Jimi... Mercury... all good choices... Dio or Lennon also...

to add a new name to this mix, I'll say Peter Steele (Type O Negative vocalist) although I think they may have broken up before he died...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Cliff Burton. Just because it would be interesting to see what would be instead of ...And Justice For All. Don't get me wrong, I love that album, but still...

bob marley and 2pac

Jim Morrison
    Scatman John
    Georges Brassens

John Bonham. No question.

I'm not a huge fan of hip hop but I would have to say Tupac. Taken before his time he was a voice of reason for a generation headed in the wrong direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghrolt View Post
    Cliff Burton. Just because it would be interesting to see what would be instead of ...And Justice For All. Don't get me wrong, I love that album, but still...
    Just imagine it... a world without *shudder* St. Anger.

Johnny Cash, Freddie Mercury or maybe Michael Jackson

Deleted
    Hendrix
    Morrison
    Joplin
    Bonham (and Zeppelin back together)
    Unfortunately soon to be Iommi.
    Layne Staley

Tie between John Lennon and Freddie Mercury, both just sooo good...

Some good candidates already mentioned, mine would probably be Miika Tenkula. Such a great guitarist/composer. Altought Sentenced broke up before his death, he was planning starting a new band with some of his old crew.

And what a awesome last recording from them.

youtube.com/watch?v=yujseiSglQo

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Unfortunately soon to be Iommi.
    His health is looking better than Dios did, so I wouldn't get too used to the idea of a world with Iommi quite yet. However, we can't be certain about anything though, it's just a little ignorant to already call it out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    Just imagine it... a world without *shudder* St. Anger.
    St.Anger is just fine. I'm a diehard Metallica fan. Its decent songs, decent riffs. Its just...different. Like people thought about The Black Album when it came out. Same with Load and ReLoad.

What I mean when I say this is it would be interesting to see what could've been with Cliffs influence on the music. The harmonys and so on. I think with Cliff still in the band, the themes they chose back then would be different. ...AJFA would never have been ...AJFA as we know it. This is mainly due to James' mindset and grief over the loss of Cliff and his way to deal with things. Pound it out, drink more and live fast.