Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Bioware not bothered by doomsday threads anymore?

What the heck is going on at BW ? Page one of the General Forum is scattered with doomsday threads and BW doesn't even clean the forums anymore.
    I would have asked over there what is going on, I don't have an active account but like to read if there are any interesting news coming..

The community managers have been MIA for almost a week now.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    The community managers have been MIA for almost a week now.
    what's MIA...? Laid off?

Missing in Action

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetro View Post
    missing in action
    oh, thanks.. yeah that is correct, totally MIA

10+ Year Old Account
    Like, 2012 doomsday? Or just the end of Bioware doomsday?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeson View Post
    Like, 2012 doomsday? Or just the end of Bioware doomsday?
    more like the end of SWTOR doomsday.

not that these threads are new, they just don't get deleted, moved to the suggestion box or closed anymore.
    Last edited by mmocf0ef34080b; 2012-07-26 at 01:02 AM.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
    What the heck is going on at BW ? Page one of the General Forum is scattered with doomsday threads and BW doesn't even clean the forums anymore.
    I would have asked over there what is going on, I don't have an active account but like to read if there are any interesting news coming..
    I equate the doomsday threads to the story of the boy who cried wolf. You can only respond and manage so many until you simply ignore them.

The same thing happens on these forums. We probably let threads of that nature go on longer than they should simply because another would pop up almost immediately after we lock it.

The doomsdayers are just worried about the implications of the massive server mergers happening soon.
    http://www.swtor.com/transfer
    That link has all of the info on it, but i'll summarize.
    Locked servers-- being forced to move to the 12 servers that are going to be their main servers.
    There will be server merger happening later this summer that will see those 12 merged again.

I say bring it! I'm all for it, and I cannot wait till there is an even larger community. I believe this is in preparation for the possibility of the game going F2P in the coming months.
    They overshot their number of servers needed and closing the dead ones is a great move. It will help save money in the long run and hopefully patch 1.4 will reinvigorate the game again

Quote Originally Posted by Olala View Post
    The doomsdayers are just worried about the implications of the massive server mergers happening soon.
    http://www.swtor.com/transfer
    That link has all of the info on it, but i'll summarize.
    Locked servers-- being forced to move to the 12 servers that are going to be their main servers.
    There will be server merger happening later this summer that will see those 12 merged again.

I say bring it! I'm all for it, and I cannot wait till there is an even larger community. I believe this is in preparation for the possibility of the game going F2P in the coming months.
    They overshot their number of servers needed and closing the dead ones is a great move. It will help save money in the long run and hopefully patch 1.4 will reinvigorate the game again
    I don't really understand all this "going to free to play". Where are you people getting your information blogs ? I agree some things in the game need improvement but all this "free to play" stuff is kind of becoming obnoxiously pathetic. I have a friend who has been saying "swtor is going free to play it sucks" for months. My god I'm just sick of people who don't even clear content and tell me its easy and horrible. The guy didn't do anything but level to 50 solo que for pvp and do ilum speed way dailies. He wouldn't even group with me to do flashpoints because he doesn't want to group with anyone he doesn't know. Quits the game in the first month and tells me it sucks without ever doing anything worthy of note ffs...

Now he plays wow and does random group finder raids and tells me how much more amazing wow is and links me swtor free to play for sure 100% blogs.The game isn't doing as well as planned,but it will survive and I enjoy the community we have now.I don't give a shit if it doesn't have 10 million players who think they're amazing like WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    more like the end of SWTOR doomsday.

not that these threads are new, they just don't get deleted, moved to the suggestion box or closed anymore.
    Ahhh okay. I was like, "Mmm... okay."
    Anyways, I don't know. Reading on this thread so far, it looks like they've been MIA for a while? Odd.

They are still deleting threads left and right. How fast and why may have changed but I doubt it. If you take a look rarely does anything thats on the first page or two have more then a few responses. Its one thing to lock threads when they have been answered or if they are completely pointless bitching. Many threads with legit issues or questions just vanish left and right. It often seems when they are pressed with difficult questions or issues they just remove threads much like a shitty csr on the phone hanging up on the person calling for help.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    what's MIA...? Laid off?
    Last I recall? Yes.

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2012/...-gone-too.html
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-07-26 at 01:19 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Doomsayers don't deserve a moment of anyone's time. They are idiots who just like to hear themselves talk. Be it about a game or the end of the world they are all the same losers.

It's extremely unlikely but maybe they are trying to see if the morons will tire themselves out. by shutting down the threads it's possible that the backwards doomsayers believe they are at least being seen by someone with power. I really don't think that will work at all but that is one theory.

Maybe they are just focusing on more important things.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they are too busy leveling characters to keep the game from dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    That post is extremely negative in every way it possibly can be. It doesn't look for any positives or justifications. It just tries to find anything 'bad' and puts it in the post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    That post is extremely negative in every way it possibly can be. It doesn't look for any positives or justifications. It just tries to find anything 'bad' and puts it in the post.
    Oh its definitely not a "bright side of life" sort of post, but it does have links to the twitters of some of the casualties which do seem to be mostly on the community side.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're aware that those threads are pretty common on every MMOs forums by any player who thinks the game should have been made expressly with them in mind. They're also usually locked or ignored on those forums too.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You're aware that those threads are pretty common on every MMOs forums by any player who thinks the game should have been made expressly with them in mind. They're also usually locked or ignored on those forums too.
    Absolutely though a decrease in the staff tasked with managing the community forum, due to layoffs, could account for them being allowed to "breed" more than normal.