Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't zerker greaves potentially be useful on her?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post

Loled at Taric and Ez.

Loled hard at Lady Gaga.
    All this reminded me about our good buddy bieber-
    top 10 list of most popular women on the internet:

10. Avril Lavigne - 28,900,000 results
    9. Paris Hilton - 33, 200,000 results
    8. Miley Cyrus - 34,100,000 results
    7. Justin Bieber - 34,200,000 results
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    So she is a bit like an AP Riven. I'm just loving Diana more and more with every passing day.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Wouldn't zerker greaves potentially be useful on her?
    Sorcs are just plain better even with no AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    So she is a bit like an AP Riven. I'm just loving Diana more and more with every passing day.
    Naah, she has no mobility akin to Riven's Q or E and she has mana.

Still fun, and she is the rare case when I'm actually tempted to buy the bundle, that Valk skin is neat :]
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    I think he meant items with attack speed and AP. But no, I think Nashor's the only one.

I would rather just focus on attack speed and AP separately, instead of mashing them into one item.
    No I meant AS. There's 2 AP AS items and they're both meh. I'm hoping some one found an unconventional item that could be used instead, like Wit's End.

---------- Post added 2012-08-01 at 06:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by akts View Post
    The only good item with decent AS is Wit's End (and Phantom Dancer, but that's AD carry territory). Wit's fits Diana quite well.

I am a big sucker for AS builds. But... But... They suck. Most of the time, at least.

When I saw Diana's passive I was excited, but... Did some math. She gains 3 times more DPS from AS than from AP on her passive, but still loses in terms of overall DPS. And the most important part she gains survivability and burst from AP. Her shield is her core spell that will be maxed right away in any build, and it means that she benefits from CDR, resistances and AP. Not from bonus health and AS.

I'm going top. Boots+pots, Chalice / Glacial depending on lane matchup, Mercs/Tabi/Sorc (Mercs in most cases, Sorcs very unlikely), Athenes/FHeart, Rabbadons, GA. Nice mobility with CDR, tons of damage resistances and decent damage.
    Welp that sux. Whats the math say about Nashor's?

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Welp that sux. Whats the math say about Nashor's?
    Nashor is... controvesial to me. The stats/price is actually good for Diana: it's only 15 ap less than other general AP item, has huge CDR, nice AS but... With CDR Diana us somewhat manahungry. Nashors doesn't provide enough manaregen, and Diana isn't supposed to get blue. All my mana problems are solved by Athene's (and it provides hefty 90 AP bonus), and a larger mana pool. Mana pool isn't a problem, you don't have to go Frozen Heart for it, Lichbane is nice too. But as a melee champ I just can't miss out Frozen heart. It's one of the best items in the game if not THE best. And having Nashors you can't build Heart, since CDR cap. Even Nashor's + Athenes means 4% CDR overcap (from talents). If you can live without FH - you can go Nashors, but I for one won't build it.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akts View Post
    Sorcs are just plain better even with no AP.

Naah, she has no mobility akin to Riven's Q or E and she has mana.

Still fun, and she is the rare case when I'm actually tempted to buy the bundle, that Valk skin is neat :]
    I meant build wise. AP directly influences her survival through her shield. Riven is the same way only with AD.

Deleted
    Play Diana with a champion on mid that doesn't need blue buff (Post Tear of the Goddess Ryze/Kennen/Akali/Katarina/Mordekaiser whatnot).
    You get 20% cdr from blue buff + 25% nashor's tooth and you have the mana to spam the skills because of the blue buff, profit!

10+ Year Old Account

Diana's Champion Spotlight is up.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Diana is now out.
    Valkyrie Bundle for me!

Hope she is fun.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Bought her, had fun playing. I like how she looks, her skills and her story.

I dont regret buying her.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

I can't wait to get home so I can throw a wad of singles at my monitor for her.

Definitely going to try her in the Jungle. Although the item build I have in mind would be starting boots +3, then work my way to an abyssal specter. Although after watching the spotlight. I'll most likely go philo stone/hog 1st after boots then abyssal. then wit's end then FH.

Feel free to correct me on this.

Whoa the intro music is... holy crap! That is amazing.

Bought her today and played her jungle. Sorc Boots, Nashor's, Athene's, Rhylo *correct me on the name*, Void Staff before the game ended, went 10/1/8 with her first game, similar 2nd game. Love the curved skill shot and ult. Knew I wanted to play her the moment her data was mined a while ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked her, but assassins are just not my thing. I did pretty bad my first game as Diana. I hate being so squishy as a melee damage dealer. I also noticed she burns through mana like nothing. Huge change of pace from Jayce and Zyra's mana costs.

My build was pretty bad though too since AP junglers have shit for early game itemization and I was wicked behind so I didn't have the gold income I was expecting to build AP items. Definitely a solid jungler though, so I will continue playing her till I work everything out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Argh!!! I hate being at work. I was posting happily on mmo-champion but then Dianna comes out (there is literally nothing happening at work). I want to get out now and pwn some noobs, preferably Axethor I heard that he/she is a big noob.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Argh!!! I hate being at work. I was posting happily on mmo-champion but then Dianna comes out (there is literally nothing happening at work). I want to get out now and pwn some noobs, preferably Axethor I heard that he/she is a big noob.
    Thems fighten words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Thems fighten words.
    Noob! omg stop feedin other team noob! (example 1)

OMG YOU SO NOOB NO GANKS!!! (caps guy is example 2)

OT: Seriously I was in a game last night as jungle nunu, the one where I did the epic ultimate to win it and I swear the Darius was so pissy (1000 ELO really is a pain to get out of), I mean the lane was pushed to the enemy turret and he wanted me to gank it and I was like dude I gank someone at their turret the entire point isn't for you to just auto-attack minions and just push the lane. The point is to only last hit or somewhat do it so I can gank more efficiently. I mean he was literally at the turret every second.

It was depressing.

The next game which was another ranked, I just played Nunu again and ganked top a lot to shut the morde down which we did early on and I never really touched bot because I knew there were wards and no one was countering them (I should have I know but Morde was the last thing I needed fed in a low ELO game). So basically Morde in the mid game gets fed by our other champions , in fact that solo top (wukong) was pretty good and was grateful that I would leave the last hit to him when morde had no chance of escape. It just went horrible from there, I was called noob for having a 0/6/17 record because I had no kills and was obviously feeding. Well it wasn't that, it was I never took the last hit in the ganks usually because there was never any need for me too.

It just became worse, I'm not going to blame anyone because I know I made mistakes just like all of them did but it's the guys who just blame others for their tiniest mistake so they aren't noticed and just call you noob for no reason to block themselves out. I play on EUNE so noob is a very common word due to somewhat ok English by most. I notice on EUW it's more of complete sentence from a natural English speaker who just eats your soul and on NA it's actually pretty calm considering I'm not 30 yet.

P.S. I challenge you Axethor to a 1v1 at Baron noob, bring your sona against my xin now! Or you a big noob.
    Hey everyone

Picked up the champion and had high hopes. I'm with you guys on most of the things but I think I'm building her a little differently than most. I go boots -> catalyst -> merc/sorc/tabi (depends on what we need/enemy comp) -> RoA -> Glacial -> Frozen Heart. Usually its over before I can finish either my deathcap or my lich bane. I guess depending on team comp I would go either Randuins (never getting away bwahaha, make this call early though for HoG early) or a FoN for obvious reasons.

That being said, I love her kit. Only weakness is I think she needs the first TWO blue buffs before your RoA really helps you out with your regen. She has amazing synergy with Akali, Irelia, Jax, Darius, Kayle, really a ton of the most popular picks. Shes what I would probably consider a lower end jungle (at high ELO her initial clear is too slow, shes too weak to counter ganking, it takes too long for her to ramp up really). Still, shes a TON of fun and I love playing her, and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

As for runes, I'm trying MPen Reds, Armor Yellows, Mr/Lvl Blues, and Flat AP quints, should I switch the quints and reds? Interested on hearing other ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TFTCDave View Post
    Picked up the champion and had high hopes. I'm with you guys on most of the things but I think I'm building her a little differently than most. I go boots -> catalyst -> merc/sorc/tabi (depends on what we need/enemy comp) -> RoA -> Glacial -> Frozen Heart. Usually its over before I can finish either my deathcap or my lich bane. I guess depending on team comp I would go either Randuins (never getting away bwahaha, make this call early though for HoG early) or a FoN for obvious reasons.

That being said, I love her kit. Only weakness is I think she needs the first TWO blue buffs before your RoA really helps you out with your regen. She has amazing synergy with Akali, Irelia, Jax, Darius, Kayle, really a ton of the most popular picks. Shes what I would probably consider a lower end jungle (at high ELO her initial clear is too slow, shes too weak to counter ganking, it takes too long for her to ramp up really). Still, shes a TON of fun and I love playing her, and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

As for runes, I'm trying MPen Reds, Armor Yellows, Mr/Lvl Blues, and Flat AP quints, should I switch the quints and reds? Interested on hearing other ideas.
    Swap your reds and blues. Your an assassin, so the MR/lvl is unnecessary. Reds swap to AS for more passive procs, blues AP/lvl for more damage. She works best if your mid doesn't need blue (So Anivia, Cass, Swain, etc would not be ideal). Her clear is crazy fast I think, even at early levels. Everything is AoE but the ult, so the whole camp goes down fast. I even used my ult to clear after hitting the minions with Q. Jumping around the jungle like a crazy person is really fun.

Also, I've never built an RoA on her and my mana has been okay for the most part. You run out in long team fights or consecutive team fights without blue, but it doesn't happen often. Even then, her passive makes it so she still deals tons of damage without needing spells.