Thumbs down Games for Windows Live ,_,

Hey!
    Ok, so the other day i bought Fable 3 + some DLC material during the Steam summer sale. After quite some hazzle i finally managed to get myself a online account on Games for Windows Live(GFWL). The problem is i can't download the content because i get this error:
    "Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {6D18AD12-BDE3-4393-B311-099C346E6DF9} failed due to the following error: 80070424 The specified service does not exist as an installed service. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070424)."

Could someone please translate that to english?

I mean i wont roidrage if i cant use the DLCs i bought but its too bad i can't just because the game is linked up to GFWL

Log:
    2012-07-26T10:14:40 Info Downloading User pressed retry download. {Package: {Name: Industrial Knight Outfit} {Type: InGameContent} {BITS Job Id: None} {Local Path: C:\Users\Felix\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads} {Title Id: 1297287434} {Offer Id: 0ecf0004-0000-4000-8000-00004d53090a} {Product Id: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} {Content Id: B7D5FE3D720F347CE446785C3F55488C8E7FF201} {Status: Calculating download size...} {Content URLs: None} {Error: {Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException} {Message: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {6D18AD12-BDE3-4393-B311-099C346E6DF9} failed due to the following error: 80070424 The specified service does not exist as an installed service. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070424).} {Source: XLiveServices} {Stack Trace: at Microsoft.GamesForWindows.XLiveServices.ContentManagement.DownloadManager.PrepareDownload( Package package, Boolean refresh, Boolean requireActivationToken, Boolean failOnPreOrder)} {Target Site: Void PrepareDownload(Microsoft.GamesForWindows.XLiveServices.ContentManagement.Package, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)}}}
    Last edited by Chef; 2012-07-26 at 11:01 AM.

Deleted
    well i don't got the sam problem and i can't help you out sorry...but wth is up with games for windows live ? fuck dude i bought gta and batman and both required that shit..wth?

I dont know why your raging here or posting error codes as this is not the games for windows live forums and all we do to solve problems would be to google the problem and you can do that yourself.

Deleted
    Phew, that makes me kind of glad I didn't buy it on the Steam Summer Sale. I didn't know that i came with G4WL. That crap software already ruined my GTA4 experience. Steam games don't need any additional DRM in my opinion.

Deleted
    Hey,

Never seen these errors before myself, but maybe try the links below? First one is Windows Live related but a different error code. Second one is the same error code but more related to update services...

support.microsoft.com/kb/960017
    support.microsoft.com/kb/968002

Cheers,
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by jobelz View Post
    Hey,

Never seen these errors before myself, but maybe try the links below? First one is Windows Live related but a different error code. Second one is the same error code but more related to update services...

support.microsoft.com/kb/960017
    support.microsoft.com/kb/968002

Cheers,
    JJ
    When i open up msconfig -> services i can't seem to find BITS(Background Intelligent Transfer Service)
    and nor can i download it because well.. they need to verify i have a genuine windows version, and well.. um..

also, i ran the fixit tool found in the second link. No errors were found during the scan =/

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I dont know why your raging here or posting error codes as this is not the games for windows live forums and all we do to solve problems would be to google the problem and you can do that yourself.
    Well maybe i wasn't clear but this is like french to me, i dont understand it whatsoever, i did try to google it but kind of the same result there.

This is my go-to forum. Usually people in this forum are very helpful and kind. You know, with a few exceptions... .. Like the Guardians of the MegaBits, forever bound to watch over forumusers so that no unecessary text is posted and valueable megabits are wasted into the endless, cosmic black hole of the interwebs.
    But yeah, in general they are great =)

Deleted
    I'm assuming you have a "modified" WinXP then, where BITS was patched in after release and most "modified" versions don't include this. Options are limited but do exist in this case however one cannot discuss them here. So yea, go legit, get a license.

Quote Originally Posted by jobelz View Post
    I'm assuming you have a "modified" WinXP then, where BITS was patched in after release and most "modified" versions don't include this. Options are limited but do exist in this case however one cannot discuss them here. So yea, go legit, get a license.
    Win7 Ultimate

but ok =(, thanks a ton for the help tho

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, we heard you like DRM, so we put a DRM in your DRM so you could DRM while you DRM.

Oh and a possible side effect is you might be able to play the game you bought. But not often.