Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Stab the carton with a skewer and have an egg-nog ice-lolly.
    GENIUS!!!! I actually want to try that this year, in fact, I will. If I can get the alcoholic eggnog in a carton too, oh mannnn that'd be amazing!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Take a glass of egg nog, toss in a shot of Glayva, and now you're talking.

10+ Year Old Account
    after seeing all the American tv shows with Christmas specials of people drinking eggnog i always wanted to taste it :S

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    after seeing all the American tv shows with Christmas specials of people drinking eggnog i always wanted to taste it :S
    Think hot custard that is vaguely alcoholic. Possibly with nutmeg and cinnamon.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    It can be without alcohol.
    Where is the fun in that!?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    You can get advocaat all year round (at least, you can in Europe) - I think that's similar to eggnog.
    (Just based on the description of both drinks, never actually tried eggnog).
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

make it yourself, we dont get it in Ireland and my mate makes his own at xmas time. It's easy to do just google it.

Homemade egg nog >>>>>>>> store bought.

Plus, you can make it whenever you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, if I got it all year round I would probably be dead. Eggnog is one of things I look forwards to the most during the winter season.

Starbucks Eggnog Latte always goes down a treat but getting the actual eggnog is easier said than done here in Ireland, Christmas or otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I prefer it this way. It keeps it special and more nostalgic when you taste and smell certain flavors at specific points of the year.

For instance, I only drink Spanish Coffees between Thanksgiving and New Years eve as a tradition. Every time I have one, I still get that good old fashion jolly feeling. If I drank them year around, I would lose that.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    I must be the only person alive that despises eggnog. Hate it.
    I am with you.......I mean wtf is it? Milky Boozy egg drink? PASS
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    In Denmark it is way, way, more common for people to drink "Gløgg" which is basically boiled wine with almonds, raisins, spices, and sometimes snaps..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enohpi View Post
    In Denmark it is way, way, more common for people to drink "Gløgg" which is basically boiled wine with almonds, raisins, spices, and sometimes snaps..
    Pretty much same thing in Finland with "glögi" lol. Its usually mixed with spirits such as vodka though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanani View Post
    Pretty much same thing in Finland with "glögi" lol. Its usually mixed with spirits such as vodka though.
    Cool, that is actually news to me i was under the impression it was only norway, sweden, denmark and the germans who would partake in the gløgg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enohpi View Post
    Cool, that is actually news to me i was under the impression it was only norway, sweden, denmark and the germans who would partake in the gløgg
    Swedes brought it here with them, so its not really traditional finnish stuff. Its still quite popular here during winter time :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I freaking love eggnog. Here is what I suggest. In Jan, buy the last of it from your nearest store, ALL of it, and shove it in your freezer, and thaw it carton by carton as you want it. We did that one year and were drinking the stuff until March. As fun and awesome as that was, I think I'd actually prefer it to be holiday only, that keeps it special and something to look forward to.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    but seriously why? i assume its business people assuming it wouldnt sell well outside the holiday season. but how would they know since they never do?
    They know because of its status as a seasonal item. However it is still sold and produced year round so you could ask your local liquor shop if they could special order it for you when out of season. You might have to buy it by the case. A lot of liquor stores will do special orders to things they don't normally stock. Though it depends on the local laws and what they can and can not order.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I freaking love eggnog. Here is what I suggest. In Jan, buy the last of it from your nearest store, ALL of it, and shove it in your freezer, and thaw it carton by carton as you want it. We did that one year and were drinking the stuff until March. As fun and awesome as that was, I think I'd actually prefer it to be holiday only, that keeps it special and something to look forward to.
    Cartons of eggnog?
    What..?

That's like buying wine in a carton.. Or beer in a carton... Or... A carton of baileys... The idea is just weird. :S

Then again, I'm Dutch. Our eggnog (advocaat http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advocaat) is probably quite dissimilar to the US stuff. I know that, in the US, it is a seasonal thing associated with the holidays, much like easterbread is here. So it might actually be that your version doesn't have liquor in, but... Wouldn't that just turn it into 'very runny vanilla custard with cream?'

(Edit: Embarrassing spelling mistake)
    Last edited by Stir; 2012-07-26 at 08:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    That's like buying whine in a carton..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box_wine
    http://www.target.com/p/wine-cube-ri..._qi_detaillink
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."