Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I sleep best in complete darkness and total silence, so this would just make me sleepy and pass out lol. I'm all about this haha.

Stood in the Fire Arthur-the-exalted's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmers898 View Post
    Well only one way to find out xD Most people will probably last 10-20 mins, only the insane or cold hearted could last a little bit longer.
    ^_^ I have no idea what I'm saying xD
    your telling me hearing your own body would not entertain you for an hour?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-the-exalted View Post
    Well I think it would, but you also forget the psychological effects, such as hallucinations, the feeling of the walls closing in on you, you feel suffocated, you get fidgety. You need to yell, you try and try but it appears as a whisper because there is nothing for it to bounce off of. So yeah it would really Mind F*&K you.
    The world is an unfair, unjust, uncaring place, get used to it.

Eat a kilo of refried beans and drink 2 liters of cola, enough body noise related humour to keep you entertained for a hour or so.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I totally agree, It would be fun to try out, but the consequences could result in severe anxiety lol
    Id still try it anyway ^_^
    Yeah I'm already the anxious type. I'll pass. You guys enjoy your little quiet room, ya hear?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I think it would, but you also forget the psychological effects, such as hallucinations, the feeling of the walls closing in on you, you feel suffocated, you get fidgety. You need to yell, you try and try but it appears as a whisper because there is nothing for it to bounce off of. So yeah it would really Mind F*&K you.
    well all that also depends on the person, I have never had hallucinations, even on meds that can cause them, granted I would most likely get fidgety, but I rarely talk unless someone is around so I dont ever feel the need to yell and feeling suffocated seems less likely because small spaces dont really bother me, the only real issue I see is being bored as hell, I mean hell if worst comes to worst you could nap

---------- Post added 2012-07-26 at 10:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Eat a kilo of refried beans and drink 2 liters of cola, enough body noise related humour to keep you entertained for a hour or so.
    exactly! lol, I wonder if you could spit and hear it hit the floor

"PFT i could do this easy, srsly!"
    Sure you could, which is why no one, read NO ONE! has ever lasted more than 45 minutes in such a room...

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    Sure you could, which is why no one, read NO ONE! has ever lasted more than 45 minutes in such a room...
    And why it is used as a torture method that doesn't leave physical marks on the victim.

I would just try it for a high reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    Thats because they test "normal people" most "normal people" dont spend hours in a dark room trying to get that piece of gear, find that word wall, get into the water temple, t-bag that noob camping the sword base lift with a shotgun.......try to beat mega man 3......or run threw the same levels killing the same monsters picking up health orbs. The people tested never played a old nintendo...like duck hunt....FUCK THAT DOG! I would rather spend 2 hours in this room than see his big ass face again

Thats because they test "normal people" most "normal people" dont spend hours in a dark room trying to get that piece of gear, find that word wall, get into the water temple, t-bag that noob camping the sword base lift with a shotgun.......try to beat mega man 3......or run threw the same levels killing the same monsters picking up health orbs. The people tested never played a old nintendo...like duck hunt....FUCK THAT DOG! I would rather spend 2 hours in this room than see his big ass face again
    You're kidding, right? Your dark gaming room is nothing compared to this room. I don't think you understand the severity of this room...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure someone could do 1 hour quite easily through meditation.

Deleted
    probably not, would like to think i could, but at -9db? i would go insane!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I'm sure this must be a lot more difficult than it seems on the surface.
    I skimmed it and thought: Dark silent room, no problemo! Then I read a bit more carefully... There's a big difference between what we consider a 'silent' room, and a room so utterly silent it's in negative decibels.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it'd be quite interesting to put me in that room, as I have a pretty bad form of tinnitus and I always hear a very loud ringing in my ears, even now with my pc running ( which is very loud on it's own), I can hear the ringing above all else, and it's resulted in me having terrible hearing, I can't hear myself breathe unless it's very heavy because it's that bad.

If I was put in that room I can probably see myself being alright due to this, the ringing in my ears blocks out most noise and i've really got to focus to hear what's being said, and unless my breathing / internal body noises became very loud, i'd just hear the ringing.

Deleted
    Everyone who's saying "I do it often enough, this should be easy" - you really dont (unless you have some form of ear defect or something similar obviously).

Even in your room with no outside noise and seemingly "complete silence", there is a db level of about ~20-30 apparently. But if this room has a negative db value, your ear just isnt suited to cope with that kind of "noise", in the same way that your ear isnt suited to hear ultrasound.

How the fuck can something be -9db? Negative sound? Either something makes a sound, or it does not. How does something remove sound? I can understand that it does not bounce off, but that would be 0db, no?

Anyway... I already freak out when my ears start ringing due to lack of sound... I think Id die in this room

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the dark and quiet. I want to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    How the fuck can something be -9db? Negative sound? Either something makes a sound, or it does not. How does something remove sound? I can understand that it does not bounce off, but that would be 0db, no?

Anyway... I already freak out when my ears start ringing due to lack of sound... I think Id die in this room
    It's just a reference scale. Think of the Fahrenheit and Celsius scales, they have negative temperature values and all it means is that the negative values are not as hot as the reference value of 0. We have a sound level that we designate as 0, and everything louder has a positive db and everything softer has a negative db.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    It's just a reference scale. Think of the Fahrenheit and Celsius scales, they have negative temperature values and all it means is that the negative values are not as hot as the reference value of 0. We have a sound level that we designate as 0, and everything louder has a positive db and everything softer has a negative db.
    So you are trying to tell me that 0 db is actually not the total absence of sound? Would make sense, yet its kind of retarded... why didnt they just make 0 db the total absence of sound just like 0K the coldest possible temperature is... meh
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2012-07-26 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Zombies ate my brain