Poll: Which one is Better?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Iphone 4s 16GB or Samsung Galaxy S 3

Which one is better the Galaxy or the Iphone?

Deleted
    Iphone 4 for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Galaxy. If you have seen the reviews it have gotten so far it's just amazing. I'd take that over a iphone anyday really.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Galaxy S3 for the most part. iPhone camera is probably a little better and that's about it. S3 can also have more memory with Microsd card.

And no this is not subject to opinion or preference. Technical specifications and performance benchmarks are facts.

Edit: not saying anyone is wrong for their preference of the iPhone, I'm just saying if he wants the overall better phone as far as how it functions.

Deleted
    If you want the 'better' phone regarding specs etc., the Galaxy wins.

Still, in my opinion, the iPhone looks waaay better.

Got my Galaxy S3 a couple weeks ago after switching from the iPhone 4. I'm going to have to go with the Galaxy S3, although the battery life seems to be a little worse than the iPhone's.

They are both great phones, but it's all about the apps for me. Iphone has the games and apps I want, so I choose iphone.

Having used both, they're both solid.. pretty much comes down to apps. Still prefer the iPhone due to my previous investments on iTunes etc.

Also, how on earth did this thread get 7-8 replies without some idiot trolling it. I figured it had troll bait written all over.

I personally prefer the iPhone 4S, my husband prefers the Galaxy. But honestly, if you can wait on a new phone a bit longer might I suggest you wait another few months until the iPhone 5 comes out. Usually fall is when most of the new phone models tend to come out so you'll have the most up to date phone model out there instead of getting one now and it being effectively "obsolete" in a few months. I say obsolete loosely here, but I personally try to wait because I want to have my phone as long as possible before anything new comes out so I'm not like "damn... I should have waited to get X feature/model!"
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Deleted
    Having used both I'll throw in my 2 cents and say that the S3 is by far and away the best phone I've ever used and i definitely recommend it.

Is this a serious poll? Heck, the Samsung S2 was better than the iPhone 4S. I gave my iphone's to my staff and got an S2 for myself and my g/f. Recently got the S3 - didn't think they could improve on a phone so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgoose View Post
    Which one is better the Galaxy or the Iphone?
    The only thing making the iphone "better" is that there are slightly more apps, and its noticeably smaller but obviously has a smaller screen the S3 is thinner than the iPhone, whatever difference that makes to your life i dont know... But, there's (in terms of technology) a pretty big gap between the phones. happens all the time, the iPhone 5 will probs be better spec wise, then the next Samsung better then that (but then the iphone 5s probs wont be better, as it will be a iphone 5 pre-installed with a OS update, just like the 4s is) Classic 1-up-man-ship But meh, im happy with my S3, only thing i hate about apple is iTunes. and because of it i avoid their phones, just as i prefered MP3 players to iPods back in the day.

The better phone is definitely the Galaxy S3. Heck, my S2 is better than the iPhone.
    Though if you're into the Apple brand and design, of course you'd go with that. That is however, the only reason to do so.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    I have the iPhone 4s 64gb, it is excellent. Sure the Samsung has better stats but the problem is Android OS. At the end of the day Androids are vulnerable to Hacking Viruses and all the problems of modern computing, which would be OK if you didn't use it as a phone, but you will use it as a phone, and you don't want issues with the phone service, because the phone got hi-jacked by malware. Apple checks all Applications in the app store, Android does not.

The Iphone, don't be fooled by other brands, apple is best.

SGS3 of course, this shouldn't even warrant a discussion.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Deleted
    For me it's the SIII. It's noticeably lighter than the 4S. I also find it has a nicer form factor and feels nicer in my hands. Initially it took me a while to get used to the screen size as I upgraded from a blackberry bold so it was a huge size difference. I couldn't imagine going back to a smaller screen now though.

I've found the battery life to be fine, I've been getting almost 48 hours from it with reasonable usage (apps, music, phone calls) and at the least I charge it less than my brother's 4S. The microSD card is a pretty good addition too, expandable storage is excellent. I do prefer the OS as well, especially the ability to customise more. Couldn't do without the widgets either, I love my homescreen far more than a block of apps.

It's also really easy to transfer files, plug the phone into the computer and it treats it as a media storage device, so just drag and drop. I did have some trouble getting it to work properly on my Dad's macbook though although to get around it I just needed to change one of the settings so wasn't that much of a hastle.

The app selection is more than enough for me, not sure how much less it is than the app store. Just don't be foolish with your app selection as it isn't as closed as the app store, so that "xxx nekkid pictures, x-ray camera + £100" may not be as legit as it comes across.

I don't know if the camera on the iPhone is better or not, fairly sure they're similar though, but Freddie Wong made a video using the SIII as the camera and it looks pretty good quality to my untrained eye.

Sandcastle Sensei

At the end of the day in raw hardware, the SIII comes out ahead. With the subjective stuff, I love it but obviously subjective is subjective.

Please forgive the horrid sentence structure and spelling mistakes (probably many). It's 2:30 am and far too hot for a born and raised Brit!

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I have the iPhone 4s 64gb, it is excellent. Sure the Samsung has better stats but the problem is Android OS. At the end of the day Androids are vulnerable to Hacking Viruses and all the problems of modern computing, which would be OK if you didn't use it as a phone, but you will use it as a phone, and you don't want issues with the phone service, because the phone got hi-jacked by malware. Apple checks all Applications in the app store, Android does not.
    this is only useful if you feel like you need a babysitter to be online. i'm sorry, and i don't mean to be "that guy" but... saying that Android is worse because it's not on 100% lockdown is like saying your house isn't safe because your security system only monitors the doors and not all the windows as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Two things:

1) Android does have a system to check apps, it's just not as extensive as apple's digital signature verification system
    2) Apple's security system has been compromised multiple times now

I am one of those creature of habit people. I bought an iphone when it first came out, still have it And I thought the simplicity of use was great, tap a singular button, or tap the app on the screen.

I then made the jump to a droid, heard all the great things about them, and they are good phones, but I am overly tech retarded, it seems to have way to many steps for me to navigate the phones abilities.

So I went back to the iphone.

Is there better phones out there? Sure I bet there is, but for this old tech-na-noob, the iphone works for me.

I am not one of those that upgrades each time there is a new phone. I used my iphone 2g til i broke it, then got the 3gs, til well you guessed it, broke it, and i have the iphone4, which I might just brake it when the iphone 5 comes out, and claim the 35$ deductible and get the new one haha