Poll: What is humanity's fate

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's odd to see how many votes "Humanity cannot find a replacement for earth before our resources run out" is getting. Small bands on surviving tribes don't need "resources." Even if the worst-case-scenario comes to pass, it only takes a few deer, some meltwater and some fruit trees for a human family to survive. We don't need petrochemicals to live on as a species.

And if you're counting water as a resource, you should have voted for #1. The only way Earth will run out of water is when larger cosmic events are taking place...

10+ Year Old Account
    all kinds of dream killers in this thread .

i think 2 and 9 are most likely. Aliens would be my dream though. (not the death one or breeding just like friendly ones)
    I'd torture a thousand souls just to see her smile.

Quote Originally Posted by strangebreed View Post
    all kinds of dream killers in this thread .

i think 2 and 9 are most likely. Aliens would be my dream though. (not the death one or breeding just like friendly ones)
    Not happening unless we find them.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

10+ Year Old Account
    Asteroid impact.
    Run out of local resources before we master space flight.
    Ascend to almsot god like status.

These are in my opinion by far the most likely to come to pass.

EDIT: Wouldn't you know they are the front runners in the voting too.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely, since our species is addicted to war, we would all die from nuclear war, also known as mankind's own stupidity.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Guess which movie I just saw when I describe the 11th option for humanity's fate.

A dark caped vigilante rises to ensure that humanity will never fall!
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

I would like #6 to happen because I think I would enjoy being a Geth :P But in all honesty, I vote for either #3, #9, or #10. #3 because who knows, there could be an alien species out there with a territorial/expansionist that is even more extreme than humanity's, and they might come for us for our suitable-for-colonization planet. #9 because eventually the earth WILL run out of stuff, and if we can't find a way to get to another habitable planet, or find a way to mine off-world resources, it WILL happen. #10 because if we CAN find a way off planet, then we will essentially be able to live forever unless some super-advanced species comes out of the blue to wipe everyone out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpyhooves View Post
    Wow people will really argue about anything on the internet.

Whats next?
    Pepsi vs Holy Pally which would win?
    Apple Mac vs Justin Bieber?

well the sun is gonna burn out someday, and our planet will die with it. most likely we destroyed the planet ourselves before that however.

we are selfdestructive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    Personally I like to hope that humanity will someday be extinct (sooner rather then later) but I'm a realist, so humanity will probably keep spreading its filth around the universe.
    Wow, someone else who thinks like me. AND you're from my neighboring state (I live in Portland, OR lol). I likey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Going to go with number 7.