Deleted

Games with 'Stalkers'

Hello Guys!

I was wondering if you had any suggestions as to what to buy, i'm currently looking for games that have enemies that are 'stalkers.' By this, I mean the likes of Clock Tower and Resident Evil 3 Nemesis whereby you have something following you the whole time and tries to kill you (Run Like Hell as well)

Can anyone categorize these types of games if you understand me and try and get me a list of this type of game. I could say Amnesia to an extent that the game is based on hiding and enemies stalking you wherever you go.

I like the horror aspect of stalking enemies and I would really like to hear your thoughts!

if you're a female i'd recommend any MMO, plenty of stalkers who will follow you relentlessly waiting to pounce on you.

Interesting thread title... I was expecting something about a different kind of stalking

Deleted
    I think Prenumbria and Slender are the only recent ones that I can recall.

I thought this was going to be a discussion of stalkers and creeps in games haha.

Slenderman is a good one :P

I, like everyone else so far, came in here thinking of creeps and stalkers :P And only one came to mind. Conrad Verner from the Mass Effect universe, that guy was kinda... odd. But... that doesn't really fit what you wanted... so yeah...

Deleted
    Ambiguous thread title is ambiguous :P

Penumbra i've heard of, Slender I had a look at but i'm not sure :S I'll take a look at Slenderman unless it's the same game :P Then again I suppose Oblivion counts as a stalker game with your biggest fan following you -_- guy gave me nightmares

P.S. Above, i'm a dude

Deleted
    In SC2 you can build your own stalkers.

Other than that I'd recommend taking a look at Slender.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Slender is pretty creepy. Also free, so win win.

Deleted
    Have you played dead space? Don't know about stalkers but its a horror shooter game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dead Space games have sections with the invincible enemy stalking you. Obviously it doesn't happen throughout the entire games, but the games are still pretty good.

Then there's the Pyramid Head in Silent Hill 2, but he's technically not the type of enemy you're looking for, because he doesn't really stalk you like Nemesis did. But he's a recurring major antagonist.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

minecraft has endermen. Stare at one of those things and let it teleport away. Forever paranoid. o_O

I also saw a lets play of a short game called "Slender" that fits the bill pretty perfectly. Poor guy had to have a kitten break ^_^

Amnesia has a somewhat similar feel. No way to fight back, when the monster comes out you'd better be good at hiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Amnesia Dark Descent is def the best example I think they made a second one too

Get out of here Stalker.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    - Cloak tower series
    - Dead Space [ Not exactly following you But it will give you that feeling
    - Amnesia [Suggested]
    - Slenderman
    - Silent Hill

Deleted
    Maybe it's not the exact type of game you want but you can try STALKER : Shadow of Chernobyl. 10$ on steam.
    Great RPG/FPS/survival game with a very disturbing atmosphere, great story and many endings based on the apocalyptic world of Chernobyl.
    I suggest you to play with the mod Complete 2012 (amazing graphics and better ambience)
    The game is not so easy and some parts of the game are really (really really) scary (laboratories, undergrounds, city of pripyat <3)
    Play it alone in the dark with a loud sound : guaranteed effect!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faklor View Post
    In SC2 you can build your own stalkers.
    Exactly what I thought

Deleted
    Thank you guys! I'll probably have to check out slender, I have played Silent Hill 2 and it was possibly one of my favourite games I've ever played. I have played Amnesia and Dead Space as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siren_%28video_game%29

This may be what you're looking for, it's an old PS2 game from the creator of original Silent Hill, it's really hard, but it's probably one of scariest games i've played.

Dead Space 2, towards the end of the game, you come across an enemy that constantly regenerates itself and pursues you across a map.