Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    Wait for it. WAIT FOR IIIIIT.

Tamtamtararam!

I don't know what I did in my previous life but damn... I, am not, lucky.

PS: I'll be going to chew my face off now.
    I'll take that for my barb if you don't want it. >_>

Ugh...yesterday I managed to find two Windforces in 1 hour and they both sucked...today I found two of these in 1 hour and they suck even more:

Blizzard, what's with all the shitty legendaries?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    In their defense, Fragment of Destiny is never good. Which is odd, considering how much bonus spell damage you see on them.

Maybe Blizzard should extend the dps number in your character sheet. Give you multiple numbers for different skills. Wizards could have like: Cold skills - 125k, fire skills 141k, etc.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-05-08 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    In their defense, Fragment of Destiny is never good. Which is odd, considering how much bonus spell damage you see on them.

Maybe Blizzard should extend the dps number in your character sheet. Give you multiple numbers for different skills. Wizards could have like: Cold skills - 125k, fire skills 141k, wtc.
    You mean like in D2, where if you had lighting or poison or cold charms, you could see them actually modify your damage stats... but that isn't likely to happen as thats "old school" and the direction that blizz wants to go is forward, not back.

Seriously, Blizzard?

Who the fuck would ever want this? A blue amulet would provide better stats!
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

Deleted
    Does my legacy Skorn count? Sorry, I've been away nearly the entire year of d3s existance :P. Picked it up again a week ago to see if they improved upon the original game

Also, I managed to find a legendary crossbow during my inferno playthrough today! It seems to be worth slighty more than a fiery brimstone. On the other hand I've been able to fully equip my TR monk to some ~100k dps for the price of a single 1,3k dps weapon I sold back in the day

So, I forgot to take a screenshot before it was cast into oblivion, but I somehow managed to get the Tal Rasha off-hand with Strength being it's highest stat. -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    So, I forgot to take a screenshot before it was cast into oblivion, but I somehow managed to get the Tal Rasha off-hand with Strength being it's highest stat. -.-
    Oh, speaking of, I get tons of Ageless Mights (why?), a Mighty Belt, with no strength but dex or intellect.

Got both of these epic weapons in the same run...

Makes me wonder how Blizzard thought this itemization setup was good.

yeah. those weapons make me weep. baseline for 61 weapons should be 900 dps. 62/3 should be 1000+.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfin View Post
    yeah. those weapons make me weep. baseline for 61 weapons should be 900 dps. 62/3 should be 1000+.
    Nah, that's much too high. If every 61 weapon was 900 dps or higher, it'd make Inferno even more of a joke than it already is.

I'd go for something like:

ilvl 60: 300 - 500 dps
    ilvl 61: 450 - 650 dps
    ilvl 62: 650 - 850 dps
    ilvl 63: 900-1100 dps

Because I'm just tired of getting ilvl 63 weapons, getting excited and IDing them...only to find that they have equal dps with a level 50 weapon.

Neither of you seem to understand the issue, you can set as many arbitrary rules for gear as you like, it won't fix things. The gear system is broken at it's core due to main stat and the importance of weapon DPS to begin with.

Making all i-lvl 63 weapons 1k dps base will simply move the bar of what's good/valuable, it won't give you more sell able items.

i don't want more sell-able items. i just want to find better items so i don't have to hit the AH for every upgrade. and i disagree main stat/dps are to blame. at least, not just those two. the effectiveness of ias/cc/cd/avg-damage are too crazy. either they should have included 2 of those on every applicable piece, or they should have excluded combinations.

vook, i think that's too low. bump a couple hundred at least. ihad i59 stuff with 600dps. and current 1h i63 can go to 1300. like:
    ilvl 60: 400 - 700 dps
    ilvl 61: 600 - 900 dps
    ilvl 62: 800 - 1100 dps
    ilvl 63: 1000-1300 dps
    Last edited by Aelfin; 2013-05-22 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfin View Post
    i don't want more sell-able items. i just want to find better items so i don't have to hit the AH for every upgrade. and i disagree main stat/dps are to blame. at least, not just those two. the effectiveness of ias/cc/cd/avg-damage are too crazy. either they should have included 2 of those on every applicable piece, or they should have excluded combinations.
    You're missing the point though, what's considered mainstream gear will dictate game balance as well, by putting arbitrary rules for loot you will flood the AH with better gear and as such most players will upgrade their gear through the AH (most people will take the path of lest resistance). The same goes for you, once you get your new weapon based of the arbitrary rules you set any upgrade would be way more likely to be found on the AH than by your self, it's the nature of the AH as you have thousands of players loot drops as opposed to one persons.

At the end of the day itemization is broken at it's core design (not just weapon dmg and primary stat even if those are the most dominant), something that's emphasized by the availability through the AH.

i sorta see your point, but then again somewhere along the line, if most gear is decent *enough*, upgrades become a matter of stat shuffling and minor upgrades.
    seriously, if i have a sword at 1238 dps and 150 dex, other than serious paperchasers, whose gonna go crazy trying to get that 1275 dps weapon with 145 dex? i am genuinely bothered at the sheer amount of difference. really? i think i've seen a spread of 200-1300 dps on 1h weapons. that's just HUGE. way too big a span. what chucklehead didn't bother creating a damage modelling tool to estimate power curves while designing these things?

eh, it's moot. rather late now to try a *substantial* change. sure, 1.09 or 1.10 will have some fixes, but in general i don't expect to see anything MAJOR, just a general better distribution of the same old.

Why must you do this to me, Blizzard?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's not level 60+ gear, but this was so laughable I needed to share:

Nightmare MP6 Hardcore