Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Can't really roll my eyes harder at this point. W/e, moving on.

I have an I5 2500k and a GTX570. For the most part, the game ran flawlessly. In BWE2 the second Human area gave me a huge FPS drop. In BWE3 it was fixed but I had a huge FPS drop in one part of Queensdale and only that area, everywhere else I explored was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Can't really roll my eyes harder at this point. W/e, moving on.
    Come on, I'm sure you can!

The last thing (*knocks on wood*) I want to add is that watching the performance over the last 3 BWEs, it's indicative of what's in store at release. That is to say, any major issues are usually rapidly fixed/improved, and between BWEs there have been major performance enhancements. I do think between BWE2 and BWE3 there was a slight performance drop (on day 1 of BWE3 at least) but that was remedied by day 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Come on, I'm sure you can!

The last thing (*knocks on wood*) I want to add is that watching the performance over the last 3 BWEs, it's indicative of what's in store at release. That is to say, any major issues are usually rapidly fixed/improved, and between BWEs there have been major performance enhancements. I do think between BWE2 and BWE3 there was a slight performance drop (on day 1 of BWE3 at least) but that was remedied by day 2.
    Worth noting: I said nothing about it not being better at release. I also said multiple times that it runs fine for me.
    Also worth noting: The 'conversation' started with someone basically saying "anyone who has bad performance is an idiot who doesn't know how to turn down their settings" in less words.

Worth noting: I said nothing about it not being better at release. I also said multiple times that it runs fine for me.
    Also worth noting: The 'conversation' started with someone basically saying "anyone who has bad performance is an idiot who doesn't know how to turn down their settings" in less words.
    Worth noting: my comment was directed not at you, but at the thread in general
    And yes, that's how threads like this tend to start, people with a chip on their shoulder and thinking they have to prove.

Deleted
    I'd also like to point you guys towards ThisWillNotStand's posting history.

Remember the last thread he started?

Agile Emily I don't know you nor whether or not you're on your period today, but this thread was not started in any way to criticize or fight anyone. I just keep hearing people say "GW2 is not optimized" yet, and I'm trying to understand what we are supposed to expect from this magical optimization, whatever that is.

Take a breather and stop pretending you're Sherlock Holmes, I don't see any relation between any of my other threads and this one.

You can't expect people to take you overly serious at anything with the titles of your previously opened threads, to be fair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    Agile Emily I don't know you nor whether or not you're on your period today, but this thread was not started in any way to criticize or fight anyone. I just keep hearing people say "GW2 is not optimized" yet, and I'm trying to understand what we are supposed to expect from this magical optimization, whatever that is.

Take a breather and stop pretending you're Sherlock Holmes, I don't see any relation between any of my other threads and this one.
    Except all your posts are bitchy whines. I'm not Sherlock, far from it. Doesn't take a genius to see post history.

Why are you trying to start a fight in a thread not meant for fighting? What does anything I type about other things have to do with this question? Did I hurt a pandaren lover? That's too bad, these are the GW2 forums, whatever I type about that has nothing to do with this.

So my 560ti getting better performance than a 680 is completely acceptable, then? Kind of makes expensive computers worthless. I didn't say anything about the game being unplayable for some with high end computers, but that doesn't make the performance acceptable. There are people who can't run it that can and people who should be able to run it better but can't. If they want to keep as many players as possible, this should be fixed.
    There could be many things that are causing his machine with a 680 to under-preform vs your machine with a 560ti. Hardware and software both can make or break a game.

---------- Post added 2012-07-27 at 01:00 PM ----------

Why are you trying to start a fight in a thread not meant for fighting? What does anything I type about other things have to do with this question? Did I hurt a pandaren lover? That's too bad, these are the GW2 forums, whatever I type about that has nothing to do with this.
    Have you posted your specs yet?

Well I don't know why you want my specs, I for one haven't had much problems on my fossil computer playing at low settings. I was just asking a question about what other people were expecting. But if it please you:

Core 2 Duo 7250 @ 2.0GHz
    4GB @ 667MHz
    GeForce 8600M GT @ 1024x1280 res.
    7200RPM HD

...but like I said I have no expectations out of optimization, I'm just looking forward to building a new rig.

Deleted
    Uh, no? I quit WoW five months ago, and frankly, I don't give one shit about pandas either way. Who brought them into the topic?

I was under the impression that they were done optimizing at this point. Is there any official word on whether they're still working on that? I mean, since BWE1 my performance has exploded and the game runs great now, but I'm curious if they're still actively working on it or if they're finished now.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I was under the impression that they were done optimizing at this point. Is there any official word on whether they're still working on that? I mean, since BWE1 my performance has exploded and the game runs great now, but I'm curious if they're still actively working on it or if they're finished now.
    They said on the official (BWE) forums that optimizations are an ongoing process, and they're going to keep working on it at least through the release date (but again, ongoing)

10+ Year Old Account
    One would assume that they are constantly tweaking optimization like any other game up until release and beyond... it is one of the last things you do in any game really.

I would hope that they are still optimizing, they haven't said that they were done, rightfully so, on some machines the game just doesn't tax the GPU correctly.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/6...ekend-event-3/

This is a temporary side effect of our ongoing optimization, and should be corrected by moving the in-game camera.

Closing this down as it hasn't been super productive. If you have a question, there are more productive ways to go about asking it than being sarcastic/aggressive with your question.