Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    HA itself smoothens damage intake so much that few percent won't do anything there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    Do you understand the concept of optimal a.k.a. the best way / everything matters?
    Could use some consistency.

And Choice's post somewhat failed to make much in the way of a point. It was over the top hyperbole, such as what I quoted of it.

Macroing things together is a good idea if it's a dodge/mastery/parry/strength trinket. I've always done it, macro'd it with a minor cooldown to make it more effective.
    For example, Lifeblood/Darkmasters with Holy Avenger is perfect. Hard hitting and more SOTR uptime.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Elathi View Post
    Could use some consistency.
    What? If you bothered to think for a split second you'd realize I was talking about the same thing there. Seems like I'll have to make the graph after all...
    Last edited by Turvakapsu; 2012-12-05 at 03:49 PM.

Let's keep it civil, friends. No need to bring condescension in to it.

8 days til I can play again D: Is painful sitting here having to imagine everything rather than actually experience it at some point, I'm only level 87.75
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up you spack cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    8 days til I can play again D: Is painful sitting here having to imagine everything rather than actually experience it at some point, I'm only level 87.75
    Don't know how you feel about leveling. But can give you a tip how to take 89-90 in an hour or two. ( since personally I was sick of leveling by the time I was 89 ).
    You will miss out on the "leveling experience" but get 90 fast from 89

Make sure you do all quests leading up the final zone before 89. Asap when you get 89, make quests to the new zone. Do the first quest hub in the new zone so you get to Klaxxi'Va. Take the Iron Mantid buff from the klaxxi. Then simply run up and down the scar, pull 30-40 mobs, elits and non elits, even those big spider thingies and just aoe down with SoI and SotR and keep SS up. You can easily pull 20-40 mobs with practice. ( problem is mobs resetting ). Each mob giving around 25k xp so thats a good 500-1000k experience per pull. Its the fastest way to level that I have found yet.

I'll consider it based on how bored I get So far however with Jade Forest and Vale, I did every single quest in the zone and actually read about half of the quest text hence in about 8 hours I only made it to just shy of 88, leveling as prot. I won't lie I skipped Nesingwary but that's only because I want to wreak havoc on it once I'm max and geared a bit. Plan to do every quest in Kun Lai and Townlong too, actually finding it interesting because for TBC, Wrath and Cata whilst I was never racing for realm firsts I was powering through so I missed all this. There's actually something to be said for being a bit slower... it's nice...

Can't believe I just said that. *shudder* It's against every principle I ever raided for.

Think I got to the part in Kun Lai where I'd done all the southern stuff and the Ox Wash, don't think I did that small Shado Pan bit yet in the bottom left but did all the Jin Yu bit. Last part I did was kill some thingies for the Grummles next to the Sha of fear and collect 3 leaders bodies and kill some others.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up you spack cunt.

A bit off topic, but does someone know if it is possible to track the uptime of SoI / SoT on WoL?

Don't forget that you'll unlock the valor points necklace from Shado'pan just from the zone quests without any dailies.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 03:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    A bit off topic, but does someone know if it is possible to track the uptime of SoI / SoT on WoL?
    In the damage done table click on your name, click on the buffs and debuffs tab. You'll get a list of the buffs and debuffs you acquired during the fight and their absolute and percentage uptimes.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Yeah but seals does not show up there as they are not buffs anymore, they are a stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Don't forget that you'll unlock the valor points necklace from Shado'pan just from the zone quests without any dailies.
    I think it's Klaxxi, not shado-pan. Klaxxi has 489 neck for Honored.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I think it's Klaxxi, not shado-pan. Klaxxi has 489 neck for Honored.
    Right, Klaxxi.

Yeah but seals does not show up there as they are not buffs anymore, they are a stance.
    How about tracking Censure uptime for SoT and Seal of Insight heals? Not perfect, but a work-around at least. So I would enter this into the expression editor on World of Logs:

Code:
    spell='Censure' and sourceName='Fetzie' and targetReaction=REACTION_HOSTILE and type=TYPE_DAMAGE
    or
    spell='Seal of Insight' and sourceName='Fetzie' and type=TYPE_HEAL
    Of course, change 'Fetzie' to 'YourName'.

This will show Censure damage ticks and Seal of Insight heals casted by the named player.

Or just look at the censure uptime, and estimate that the rest of the time (100%-CensureUptime%) is Seal of Insight, would probably be fairly close.
    Last edited by Butler Log; 2012-12-08 at 03:39 AM.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

(Not sure if this has been copypasted over yet)

Basically, I was lol-ing around over on EJ today, and noticed this macro posted by a guy called Alundris. Goes as follows:

#showtooltip Shield of the Righteous
    /castsequence [@player] reset=22/combat Holy Prism, Sacred Shield
    /cast Shield of the Righteous
    Basically, one button that uses Holy Prism on CD as well as sacred shield every ~25 or so seconds (or so it rounds around to), and of course, Shield of the Righteous. Tried it out on a few randoms, its pretty great. You can sub in Holy prism for Execution Sen or, a little bit more awkwardly, Hammer of light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin - Expired at the end of 5.1, returned start of 5.4, left again. Returned again, left again, returned again. You know how it is.

I prefer to have more control over when I use Sacred Shield (if you use it a second before a 15 second trinket buff expires you get the benefit of that buff on the Sacred Shield for ~45 seconds out of every 60) but still not too bad.

I prefer to have more control over when I use Sacred Shield, but still not too bad.
    What do you mean? Unless you are casting it on a fellow tank (I have a Hpally healer which does as much anyway), isn't there really no drawbacks to refreshing the duration? I'm not saying this to be snarky, im genuinely curious to see if im missing something obvious here.
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin - Expired at the end of 5.1, returned start of 5.4, left again. Returned again, left again, returned again. You know how it is.

Say you have a haste buff that puts you over a breakpoint, or you know your vengeance is going to drop low. If you refresh the buff before that buff expires it inherits your current haste and AP values for the entire duration of the buff. If you are relying on a macro to refresh SS at a set time, you have less control over the application of the buff. Or you know you will have a haste buff in 5 seconds time, and the macro casts SS 1 second before the buff occurs, you won't be able to get SS to benefit from the buff for another 6 seconds, and you wasted a GCD.

Say you have a haste buff that puts you over a breakpoint, or you know your vengeance is going to drop low. If you refresh the buff before that buff expires it inherits your current haste and AP values for the entire duration of the buff. If you are relying on a macro to refresh SS at a set time, you have less control over the application of the buff. Or you know you will have a haste buff in 5 seconds time, and the macro casts SS 1 second before the buff occurs, you won't be able to get SS to benefit from the buff for another 6 seconds, and you wasted a GCD.
    Fuck, so if I cast SS with my current set up a second before lust, I'm completely losing out on an extra two ticks on my sacred shield. This is new information for me, thanks. I'll run a few randoms with SS out of that macro and see what happens. Regardless of what I decide, I'm thinking I'll keep the macro purely for the upkeep on holy prism. With it having such a short CD it seems useless trying to save it for damage spikes or the like.

One other thing, why would you ever ever ever macro Holy Prism + Sacred Shield to SotR?

Not to mention why even use holy prism? It is so awful on most fight. It got some situational use on some fights, but generally, it is just so far behind the other talents.

SotR is a spammed ability ( kinda ) and you bind 2 fillers to it? Makes 0 sense. You big risk you will postpone your core abilities by doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    One other thing, why would you ever ever ever macro Holy Prism + Sacred Shield to SotR?

Not to mention why even use holy prism? It is so awful on most fight. It got some situational use on some fights, but generally, it is just so far behind the other talents.

SotR is a spammed ability ( kinda ) and you bind 2 fillers to it? Makes 0 sense. You big risk you will postpone your core abilities by doing so.
    Its a filler spell that heals you and low people around you (smart spell) and scales well with vengeance. It is especially good in cms and for aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Its a filler spell that heals you and low people around you (smart spell) and scales well with vengeance. It is especially good in cms and for aoe.
    Yeah, it is great for CMs. Though for raiding its horrible.