Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=209326/5...ier-15-paladin

Oh cool, we are aparently t12 warlocks without the dress now.

I know its not meant to be representative of the final product, but erghgghghgghg not liking what im seeing so far.

EDIT: Wow MMO-champ screenshots are much better than WoWheads. I am actually likeing paladin t15 now.
    We're gonna look like a lightbulb in Mail leggings. Sick.

Does anyone know the current proc rate of SoI? I am interested in how much of a buff this 33% increased chance on SoI is actually going to be. If we were only at like 33% chance, then this could actually be quite a decent buff for single target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin - Expired at the end of 5.1, returned start of 5.4, left again. Returned again, left again, returned again. You know how it is.

Does anyone know the current proc rate of SoI? I am interested in how much of a buff this 33% increased chance on SoI is actually going to be. If we were only at like 33% chance, then this could actually be quite a decent buff for single target.
    I thought it was 100%. Which would be weird, but they tried something like this before and claimed they increased a proc chance that was already 100% to counteract a nerf at another place.

It definitely is not 100% now, I just hit a dummy for about a minute or so and had three melee swings not proc an SoI heal, so that is about 90% proc chance right now on live (based on a very limited data set of ~30 swings so take it with as much salt as you like).
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I think Turv is right, it's 10% of your current mitigation, not an additional 10%. So it's better for mastery stackers vs haste stackers. I remember someone testing it not long ago and reporting that disappointment here.
    Well... shit... I've just used my normal head on that... Thought it will add me 10% flat damage reduction on SotR... And I'm haste junkie. Life sucks.

It was 15 PPM before. I'd guess it's around 20 PPM now.

Just noticed I completely forgot to update gems section like I said I would, very sorry.

Unfortunately I'm going to stay at my grandparents today and overnight so won't have a chance to do this until tomorrow (Friday) and have stuck a post-it note of it to my desk to remind me to. Will get to it then
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up you spack cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Wouldn't make much sense to have more than one Sha-touched socket, due to the gems being category unique-equipped

Not too sure about the consecration change, I'm getting a drop in damage at 25man vengeance levels:

5.1:
    927+(100000*0.81)=81927

versus

5.2:
    8226+(100000*0.72)=80226
    I thought it was obvious that it was a nerf? Consecrate does a lot of damage at high vengeance, but at low we struggle to pick up AoE packs, that was the intent I believe

Picked up a [Darkmist Vortex] in a normal Toes I was leading on Friday after no one else wanted it, and I am currently a bit curious as to whether or not it has some kind of viability for Protpallies.

(For those that don't know, its +~1150 str with a 7k haste proc, 20 sec duration, 105s ICD. Procs off almost everything, as such procs very quickly when off CD)

Now, 7k haste is a dickload of haste; in fact, during the proc it almost doubles my total haste, shaves off around 0.5 seconds off Crusader Strike.

I suppose my main question would be how well does it stack up against Lei Shins (normal) or even the Ghost Iron Dragonling from a purely haste set perspective. Using some basic math, the overall haste gain from Darkmist would seem to be slightly greater than Lei Shins constant 1079, and fair bit higher than Dragonlings 600 (although the free 600 mastery/another stat is worth considering), however, it just feels so weird using a trinket who's main benefit comes from a proc, given that it has the possibility to occur during times when im not actually tanking a boss or something.

On a side note, getting banned from the MMO champ forums is shit.
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin - Expired at the end of 5.1, returned start of 5.4, left again. Returned again, left again, returned again. You know how it is.

From a pure tanking perspective, procs are generally bad, especially stat procs that you can not control. If it was on use if would havebeen awesome, but this is not the case. Imo it does not even come close to Lei Shin or Ghost Iron Dragonling in terms of tanking.

It does however got a valid use as a tank dps trinket, it is a very nice dps increase and can be situational on some fights.

Well it never hurts to get more flexibility on my trinkets, so I suppose i'll keep the Darkmist Vortex in my bags for now.

I just got my prot pally to 90 2 days ago and I am starting to gear him. I currently have a choice of 3 trinkets, I have the normal and heroic version of http://www.wowhead.com/item=81243, and i also have http://www.wowhead.com/item=81181. Which 2 would you guys suggest i use?

my armory is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...snorlax/simple

Seeing as you're still gearing up and Mastery is going to be your 3rd or 4th best stat, and procs aren't that great for tanking, go for the Heroic Heart of Fire and the Heroic Iron Protector. You won't need the extra stamina that much.

Stood in the Fire
    Rotation section doesn't have anything of HoW, do we use it at all?

If AS and HW are on cooldown and you don't need to refresh SS unless there is an add near to your primary target, in which case use instead of HW.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Seeing as you're still gearing up and Mastery is going to be your 3rd or 4th best stat, and procs aren't that great for tanking, go for the Heroic Heart of Fire and the Heroic Iron Protector. You won't need the extra stamina that much.
    thx for the answer, I see u reforged and gemmed to alot of expertise. Should i be going for the same? Is it really important to get to the cap?

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    thx for the answer, I see u reforged and gemmed to alot of expertise. Should i be going for the same? Is it really important to get to the cap?
    You've got to get the 5100 expertise rating from somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Sirtus View Post
    Rotation section doesn't have anything of HoW, do we use it at all?
    As Butler said, it comes under the X section which will have the order (for single target) of:

Refresh SS if not up > Avengers > Holy Wrath > Hammer of Wrath > Consecrate

For AoE, swap HoW and Consecrate around. I'll make this clearer in the guide

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg
    Yeah it is, the stat priority is:

7.5% hit > 15% Expertise > Haste > Mastery

As written in the guide itself Reason being that the amount of benefit you get from Haste (and mastery) increases with the amount of hits you get on the boss. If you get the hit cap and expertise hardcap (rather than the soft 7.5% melee do, because they attack from behind not infront) then all your attacks will hit the boss no matter what unless there is some buff on the boss or debuff on you. This maximises the value of haste and mastery. This also means that you maximise the uptime of the SHOTR buff for your relevent haste level, and it also makes the gaining of the buff on demand when really needed a lot easier and less prone to fail.

You've gota get the expertise hardcap from somewhere as Butler says, and my gear being as bad as it is with not a ton of gem slots and little of it on the gear itself, means I have to reforge a crapton

If you're concerned with having as high as possible SS uptime it should actually be:

Avenger's
    SS if less than 5 seconds remaining
    Holy Wrath
    HoW
    Consecration
    L90 Talent
    SS

And for AOE:

Avenger's
    SS if less than 5 seconds remanining
    Consecration
    Holy Prism
    Holy Wrath
    Hammer of Wrath
    Execution Sentence
    SS

If you're less concerned with SS uptime and you want to push out a little bit more DPS you can just skip refreshing SS when it has less than 5 seconds, unless you need it up to survive a certain boss mechanic, and only cast it when you have no other buttons to push. Because SS scales with vengeance there are also situations where you can cast it while you have high vengeance and then only refresh it after it drops to maintain that higher absorb amount.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    As written in the guide itself Reason being that the amount of benefit you get from Haste (and mastery) increases with the amount of hits you get on the boss. If you get the hit cap and expertise hardcap (rather than the soft 7.5% melee do, because they attack from behind not infront) then all your attacks will hit the boss no matter what unless there is some buff on the boss or debuff on you. This maximises the value of haste and mastery. This also means that you maximise the uptime of the SHOTR buff for your relevent haste level, and it also makes the gaining of the buff on demand when really needed a lot easier and less prone to fail.
    Just to expand on this a little, the reason we value hit and expertise so highly is because it gives us more control. It reduces the chance of ever being in an unlucky situation where you might miss a few times and have no holy power (and in turn no ShotR) to zero. While those situations don't happen often, it's better to take a little extra damage over time than risk a wipe due to such a situation. The added bonus is that they're both excellent stats for DPS, like haste.
    Last edited by Auk; 2012-12-31 at 04:05 PM.

Which enchant is better for tanking after the river's song ppm change?