Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    /run in blasting with Holy Wrath, Con, Avenger, Light's Hammer, etc, etc

20 seconds later...

/monk runs in and with 1 move takes them all away.

Then I just pretty much alt tab till I hear no more mobs being hit.
    Holy wrath barely does any threat on AoE, really, nothing.

Lights hammer does 0 threat on AoE.

Conc needs build up time. It is a dot and doesnt scale well without vengeance

Avenger only hit 3 targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Holy wrath barely does any threat on AoE, really, nothing.

Lights hammer does 0 threat on AoE.

Conc needs build up time. It is a dot and doesnt scale well without vengeance

Avenger only hit 3 targets.
    I think that's a problem then if all of our aoe does crap threat initially, minus Avenger which always hits rock hard. Even then after all that time, just pulled away from me.

Least I rocked him in single threat.

Yeah it seems that only avengers shield will hold aggro without a problem. It could be my opener too but anything that's not hit with avengers shield I have trouble holding aggro.

Is it better to open an aoe pull with aoe hammer or consecrate?

Classes specificly I have trouble, frost dk, warrior.
    I can hold threat on bosses but aoe is a problem sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Yeah it seems that only avengers shield will hold aggro without a problem. It could be my opener too but anything that's not hit with avengers shield I have trouble holding aggro.

Unglyphed AS, J the fourth, Hand of Reckoning the fifth. Let them run into a Hammer AoE placed in front of the mobs, they will cluster up by themselves, which is where you are waiting to HotR and Consecrate. You can use Holy Avenger for threat if you need to, it makes CS, HotR, J and HoW do 30% more damage, and it also seems to affect grand crusader procced AS, although I may be mistaken there. Spread the abundance of ShoR casts from HA around the pack of mobs too. Try to keep track of the AS jumps, so you can Judge something that wasn't hit by the AS jumps (perhaps cast it on the left-most mob, and then J a mob on the right-hand side of the cluster. You can also strafe in a circle around the mobs to stop the AI trying to place them behind you and place the mobs in a nice small area.
    Last edited by Butler Log; 2012-11-11 at 02:56 AM.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Will go through this again this afternoon after my maths lectures, check that all the updating was stuff I actually did and not just dreamt. It's becoming ritual to escape halfway through my workshop after the lecture and check on this

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post

Avenger's, HotR, Consecrate, Judge the loose or low threat target then just spam aoe like normal (make sure you actually have RF on, nothing like doing two pulls and realizing you can't hold threat for shit cause you forgot that). Don't bother with holy wrath on aoe unless everything else is on cd, make sure you focus the target that should be the highest priority because good dps will always go for it first(healers/casters always take precedence in 5mans). Focus on hotr to get procs for additional avenger's, consecrate and hotr should be plenty to hold aggro though assuming the warrior isn't doing something dumb like popping bladestorm a second after you pull(then you can just giggle as he dies because you have 0 vengeance).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

thanks a lot, helped me very much!

Having been messaged by Krekko, the plan is to merge the "Fix my tanking" thread into this one because it has flashes of that already in here and then the old guides used to be that way as well. My internet is being plain shite but I'll edit the first paragraph or so to make clear that people can ask for help here, then people can ask for any help they require as well as have raiding discussions and so on so forth ^^

Sounds good, nice to see this forum a little cleaner and more streamlined (Thumbs up Krekko & co.)

Just a quick reminder - remember to use your coins on Sha for some sick gear.
    The PvP belt has Haste/Hit and you can always get T14 or a mount!
    Slightly off topic, but I thought I'd say just incase you're using your coins in LFR (other than Elegon)

On Stone Guards, since most of the dmg is caused by the bleed; Do we use WoG as HP dump instead of SotR?

Quote Originally Posted by Satchel View Post
    On Stone Guards, since most of the dmg is caused by the bleed; Do we use WoG as HP dump instead of SotR?
    not unless your healers suck monkey balls.

and by that i mean you shouldnt need to. If you're struggling you can get that talent for the 70% damage reduction bleed thingy.
    Keeping it url since 1864.

What would you say is the average single target DPS a protection Paladin should be pulling? The other tank in an LFR group was bitching that my 49K dps was not enough and said I should be kicked from the group because my Tank DPS wasn't high enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    What would you say is the average single target DPS a protection Paladin should be pulling? The other tank in an LFR group was bitching that my 49K dps was not enough and said I should be kicked from the group because my Tank DPS wasn't high enough.
    Such a subjective thing since tanks are so vengence dependant.
    which fight? how are you tanking it? do you switch tanks evenly? what talents have you picked?
    Keeping it url since 1864.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Such a subjective thing since tanks are so vengence dependant.
    which fight? how are you tanking it? do you switch tanks evenly? what talents have you picked?
    We were doing LFR Amber-Shaper. I had the boss, he had the Monstrosity. We wiped because of people not interrupting the constructs explosions when they were transformed, but he says in raid chat "Kick the pally tank, his dps is so low". And of course, people are sheep so they just vote kick.

Talents are PoJ, FoJ, SS, US, HA, and ES. Pretty standard. Hit capped and soft expertise capped. 463 weapon. CS-X-X rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Satchel View Post
    Shield of the Righteous reduces physical damage. Bleeds are physical damage. No need to change strategies for bleeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    We were doing LFR Amber-Shaper. I had the boss, he had the Monstrosity. We wiped because of people not interrupting the constructs explosions when they were transformed, but he says in raid chat "Kick the pally tank, his dps is so low". And of course, people are sheep so they just vote kick.

Talents are PoJ, FoJ, SS, US, HA, and ES. Pretty standard. Hit capped and soft expertise capped. 463 weapon. CS-X-X rotation.
    Pretty sure me and my co-tank both ended on 100kish each prolly a bit higher, we're in avg 489 but gear shouldn't matter that much, I think the biggest contributor to dps on that fight is basically knowing what to do when.

Ok finally edited that extra little bit in as the internet stopped being wank. Also finished celebrating (at least til 9pm where I will devour a bottle of wine in less than an hour again) because I got a awesome marks on my maths coursework, my physics coursework, and my physical chemistry labs. Shame it means fuck all but it makes me feel... not useless. Think if I convert the percentages to a degree classification they'll come out as firsts... shame it means nothing at this level

Keyboard Turner
    i been raiding sense WoLk and ive done great with main tanking and my threat was good, but how come your using crusader strike in stead of Hammer of the Righteous? id also like to c your build on your pally and see how you reforge what items. id also wanna know how you keybind your spells and placement of your spells.

Darkchief pally on tich.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 02:29 PM ----------

In MoP i been off tanking most fights id like to know whens a good time to pop defencive CD on boss in MV my gear score is only 464 so im pretty low on gear score. so does that mean i need to use my cd more often or is my gearscore fine for me to kinda save them for when i really need them.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchief View Post
    i been raiding sense WoLk and ive done great with main tanking and my threat was good, but how come your using crusader strike in stead of Hammer of the Righteous?
    Hammer of the Righteous is a fairly weak attack against single targets. Tank damage matters now, so there's no reason to use the weaker attack outside of the specific things it's designed to be used for: applying Weakened Blows and as an AoE attack on multi-target pulls.