Not too related to paladins, but anyone know if it's possible to plot a graph in WoL as damageTaken-healingDone (possible self healdingDone)

Hey guys, I've been using AskMrRobot for gearing decisions, but I'm starting to think....

it's wrong.

In your all's experience, is it an adequate resource for gearing the Control/Haste build? i.e. it has Soul Barrier as the #1 trinket with Lao-Chin's Liq Courage second.

Quote Originally Posted by Xol View Post
    Hey guys, I've been using AskMrRobot for gearing decisions, but I'm starting to think....

it's wrong.

In your all's experience, is it an adequate resource for gearing the Control/Haste build? i.e. it has Soul Barrier as the #1 trinket with Lao-Chin's Liq Courage second.
    It uses Theck's stat weight which highly values stam, it's not outright wrong but it depends on your preference.

u can change stat weights manually. just put haste higher than stam and it should do it

Deleted
    Hey Guys,
    just a short Question about Iron Qon 10 HC.
    We are going to give it a shot as our 4th HC boss in the tier. We actually wanted to try tortos as our 4th but we did not have the right setup at wednesday, so we skipped it for this week, but won't waste time, so we will at least try Iron Qon a bit.

So heres the problem:
    This week we have two paladin tanks, me (armory in signature) and the 2nd one Kptnheal. So we could easily two tank it, but I think it's much better to solo tank it. While I think it wouldn't be that hard for me to solo tank it, the question is, if Kptnheal is capable of solo tanking it with his lacking gear. I would then just play retri with 520 ilvl, that we have two paladins in the raid to clear the debuff more often. Otherwise I would need to tank the boss solo and bring in another melee.

greetings fisk
    Last edited by mmoc01d817d077; 2013-05-05 at 11:22 AM.

I cant post links yet but my character is named Lockitdown on the realm Velen. So if you could look it up and help, I'd appreciate it.

This is my armory. I followed the guide unless I miss something. Ask Mr Robot says that I should regem everything so that I get more stamina and use a lot of gems that I havent seen anyone use. Am I following the guide correctly or did I miss something important?

Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    I cant post links yet but my character is named Lockitdown on the realm Velen. So if you could look it up and help, I'd appreciate it.

This is my armory. I followed the guide unless I miss something. Ask Mr Robot says that I should regem everything so that I get more stamina and use a lot of gems that I havent seen anyone use. Am I following the guide correctly or did I miss something important?

Thanks
    Look like 3 posts above you, someone asked the same thing. It uses a heavy weight on stamina, and while not completely wrong it's not optimal for all types of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskaron View Post
    Hey Guys,
    just a short Question about Iron Qon 10 HC.
    We are going to give it a shot as our 4th HC boss in the tier. We actually wanted to try tortos as our 4th but we did not have the right setup at wednesday, so we skipped it for this week, but won't waste time, so we will at least try Iron Qon a bit.

So heres the problem:
    This week we have two paladin tanks, me (armory in signature) and the 2nd one Kptnheal. So we could easily two tank it, but I think it's much better to solo tank it. While I think it wouldn't be that hard for me to solo tank it, the question is, if Kptnheal is capable of solo tanking it with his lacking gear. I would then just play retri with 520 ilvl, that we have two paladins in the raid to clear the debuff more often. Otherwise I would need to tank the boss solo and bring in another melee.

greetings fisk
    Definitely one tank. And honestly, you don't need any other BoP's in the raid. I dont even run clemency or UbS, as I feel HoPur is far superior on that fight. Basically use wings/HA on the pull, then use HoPur at around 2 stacks, and on cooldown from then on. Glyphed DivProt can be used whenever, HPrism is great throughout (hits HUGE during last phase stomps!). GoAK ~4 stacks, AD/DivProt at 5-6. First dog should be dead at 6 stacks. Push next dog with HA again. Should be at 7 when the windstorm starts. BUBBLE BEFORE THE STORM or you'll likely die to the DOT while stunned.

Kill wind dog, pick up lightning dog. Stack em up to ~5-6 again, BoP off when dog is at ~30-35% so you're clear going into last phase. Wings/HA/Lust when all dogs land, enjoy your 600-700k DPS and slaughter the dogs. Bubble will be up ~ 2 stomps in, and its GG from there.

You really don't need to clear it more than that.

But, if you don't have alternative characters/players to bring in, you can stay ret and toss BoPs. I'd suggest also picking up HoPur just to toss on the MT for fun, as clemency is WAY overkill on clears, unless you just want to BoP people during stomps or need the extra freedoms for people who suck at spears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

quick question:
    do u think http://www.wowhead.com/item=94519 would be better than lei shen's orders normal, 489.
    with reforge i lose about 500 haste, so is the proc worth that much?

No. /10 char
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Haste > Strength pretty much always.

Deleted
    Hey just a quick question which seal is a biggest dps increase?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    I don't have any numbers but I'd guess SoI is still superior due to the Spell Haste thing?

Even if SoT is superior I honestly didn't notice much when I tried it out (just going for it in a farm boss for shits and giggles).

Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    Seal of Truth. Is about 4k dps with 25 man levels of Vengeance. SoI is about ten times that in heals per second.

First off I wanted to say hello to everyone I have been lurking reading everything prot pala for sometime now. anyways I just have a quick question, at what haste values do we get our extra SS ticks? Currently I am at like 11.8k haste and wanted to know if I still need to push it to get that 2nd extra tick?

Thanks, nutty

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttypoolog View Post
    First off I wanted to say hello to everyone I have been lurking reading everything prot pala for sometime now. anyways I just have a quick question, at what haste values do we get our extra SS ticks? Currently I am at like 11.8k haste and wanted to know if I still need to push it to get that 2nd extra tick?

Thanks, nutty
    http://www.sacredduty.net/2012/11/21...for-tankadins/

Code:
    |    haste% |  10% |   30% |   50% |   70% |   90% |  110% |
    |         N |    6 |     7 |     8 |     9 |    10 |    11 |
    |      None | 4251 | 12749 | 21243 | 29749 | 38261 | 46739 |
    |        RB | 2025 | 10118 | 18207 | 26308 | 34415 | 42490 |
    |       SoI |    1 |  7727 | 15448 | 23181 | 30919 | 38627 |
    |    RB+SoI |    0 |  5335 | 12688 | 20053 | 27423 | 34764 |
    |        BL |    0 |     0 |  6533 | 13076 | 19624 | 26146 |
    |     BL+RB |    0 |     0 |  4198 | 10430 | 16665 | 22877 |
    |    BL+SoI |    0 |     0 |  2075 |  8024 | 13976 | 19905 |
    | BL+SoI+RB |    0 |     0 |     0 |  5618 | 11287 | 16934 |

Oh nice. Thanks for that, first I've seen it.

5000 more haste til 9 ticks!
    20k and counting...

Yeah thanks for the quick reply, looks like I need to squeeze out just a little bit more

Deleted
    Remember that the breakpoints are only relevant if you are actually letting SS drop, if you keep it up every point is worth as much.

Off topic: Trying to keep a straight face in the R&D forum is hard. It feels like I am back working at the kindergarden watching the kids argue over the swing set or which toy car is the fastest.

But even with an early refresh (within 10 seconds, not like INSTANT refresh) you'd still get a non-zero bonus from the extra tick in addition to the normal benefit of haste per point, no? I agree that each point of haste still adds an increase, but as I understood haste breakpoints and clipping, reaching that next breakpoint should allow for additional benefits per point. I thought, anyway.

And yes, it's hard to have a discussion with emotional people who spew nonsensical vitriol and refuse to adapt/accept the way the game is changing. I'm sorry for them and their raid team (or LFR squad, more likely) that they feel inadequate, but unless we're talking about mages, the game isn't balanced around personal preference and feelings.
    20k and counting...