Ya'll need to get better co-tanks!

I tank with a BrM, and we both parse highly so it's not like either of us are slacking really. I agree that RF is a wasted GCD; what I usually do when he has to/does taunt is 1st refresh SS (to preserve vengeance levels) on myself or him, then 2nd salv (if needed), and finally bank up 5 HoPo.

This does 3 things: Keeps a good sized SS rolling on someone, gives 2-4 zero-to-low threat GCDs for him to LOLKEGSMASH (broken ass threat), and gets me to a full tank of HoPo to play off of for when the swap comes back to me.

That, or just 1 tank damn near everything, and problem is also solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Ya'll need to get better co-tanks!
    This has more truth to it than most of us realize. My "broken ass threat" is not usually an issue when we co-tank, because we both have learnt how to hold aggro so that the other tank does not have to stop attacking - something which I don't agree with. A tank should not have to stop attacking just for the other tank to catch up.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

RF doesn't cause a gcd anyway so you don't really lose anything by cancelling / reapplying.

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    RF doesn't cause a gcd anyway so you don't really lose anything by cancelling / reapplying.
    Salvation on the other hand does cost a gcd which might be a noticable dps loss when using it at full vengeance :P
    Last edited by Nillo; 2013-05-08 at 01:59 AM.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

cancelling RF seems like a best solution. just need not forget to recast it, maybe just macro it to the taunt, nothing bad about that, right?

tried it out seems working fine. RF on with taunt and RF off on mouse wheel.
    Last edited by zloitima; 2013-05-08 at 04:51 AM.

What kind of uptime are you guys getting with fabled feather? 28.91% haste and at one point went thru 27 sparks of zandalar today before I got a feather proc. Seems nice when it procs but going anywhere from 30 seconds to over 2 minutes from a proc kinda sucks?

NM had my auras set to ret only, doh.
    Last edited by Tax; 2013-05-08 at 08:20 PM.

Even though you edited, I'm seeing ~20% uptime. Depends on fight length (obv) as well as "did I just zone in, or did I get rezzed?" since RPPM timer resets based on those parameters.

*Hint: Get rezzed if possible, as it guarantees a proc on the pull, and another proc right after.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Quick questions - we're having our first 25 man run through norm ToT this evening having been 10 man since start of cata..... what should i expect:

trash: can i still go aoe nukey 1 tank all the trash before bosses without coming close to dying as we have been on 10 man? dont want to go splat on first pack as that would be embarrassing

bosses: all the "tradtional" 1 tank bosses still 1-tankable on 25 man without any probs? (i.e. coucil / tortos / duru / iron / twins / lei shen)

consumables: ok to use haste/armour elixirs still or should i pop a stam flask and stam trinket?
    Keeping it url since 1864.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Quick questions - we're having our first 25 man run through norm ToT this evening having been 10 man since start of cata..... what should i expect:

trash: can i still go aoe nukey 1 tank all the trash before bosses without coming close to dying as we have been on 10 man? dont want to go splat on first pack as that would be embarrassing

bosses: all the "tradtional" 1 tank bosses still 1-tankable on 25 man without any probs? (i.e. coucil / tortos / duru / iron / twins / lei shen)

consumables: ok to use haste/armour elixirs still or should i pop a stam flask and stam trinket?
    Most of the stuff is still one tankable, it gets a bit more tricky the higher you go but still possible

Trash can be a bit more tricky, like some of the ones with a decent amount of burst may just demolish you since you have very little magic res

As for consumables, I'd suggest you go with a Stam Flask and maybe Stam trinket(s) if you can afford to, at least for the first run through to avoid any sleepy healer related deaths, once everyone has seen the damage you should be safe to go back to normal until heroics start to kick in

Also as a warning: don't be surprised if you struggle on some bosses you've already killed, 10 man can be a lot easier on some people and it can take a while to adjust to the new mindset, Ji-Kun especially can be very different
    Last edited by Xs; 2013-05-09 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Most of the stuff is still one tankable, it gets a bit more tricky the higher you go but still possible

Trash can be a bit more tricky, like some of the ones with a decent amount of burst may just demolish you since you have very little magic res

As for consumables, I'd suggest you go with a Stam Flask and maybe Stam trinket(s) if you can afford to, at least for the first run through to avoid any sleepy healer related deaths, once everyone has seen the damage you should be safe to go back to normal until heroics start to kick in

Also as a warning: don't be surprised if you struggle on some bosses you've already killed, 10 man can be a lot easier on some people and it can take a while to adjust to the new mindset, Ji-Kun especially can be very different
    Cheers for reply. fully expecting a shitstorm of wiping on first boss for 3 hours tbh. tis the way of things.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Cheers for reply. fully expecting a shitstorm of wiping on first boss for 3 hours tbh. tis the way of things.
    Haha, if you're anything like my guild you'll get cockblocked by Tortos because noone can kick straight xD

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Haha, if you're anything like my guild you'll get cockblocked by Tortos because noone can kick straight xD
    Not as bad as I thought...Jin-kun was the one that had us wiping though

I don't know if it was mentioned before, since I didn't read the whole thread, but what do people think about the protection tier 15 2 set bonus? 70% block chance seems pretty good, even at a cost of dps and SoR, every 15 secs.

It is rather terrible. Not to mention that a large amount (most often a majority) of the damage is non-blockable, even 70% block, is still random. SotR is a fixed physical damage reduction, block is not.

Its only use is simply for those times you actually have to use a WoG, it becomes less of a loss.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

First of all ty for the guide, second some concerns, why dont pick Holy Prism in the last talent spot since it gives more dmg and healing overall than the other talents and it can just fill an x in your rotation since its better than your HW so the priority table would go as this (Keep SS up, AS, Consec, HP, HW), plus doing it on yourself heals you and helps with aoe threat (not like thats a problem tho), other thing i was jsut asking myself about is: i find myself never saving holy powers so PoJ just gives a flat 15 percent movement speed, i rather pick LAotL for movement speed since you have it up for 3 seconds every 5 seconds or more if ppl stack haste wich i personally hate since i dont like a tank going for a dps stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tian View Post
    First of all ty for the guide, second some concerns, why dont pick Holy Prism in the last talent spot since it gives more dmg and healing overall than the other talents and it can just fill an x in your rotation since its better than your HW so the priority table would go as this (Keep SS up, AS, Consec, HP, HW), plus doing it on yourself heals you and helps with aoe threat (not like thats a problem tho), other thing i was jsut asking myself about is: i find myself never saving holy powers so PoJ just gives a flat 15 percent movement speed, i rather pick LAotL for movement speed since you have it up for 3 seconds every 5 seconds or more if ppl stack haste wich i personally hate since i dont like a tank going for a dps stat.
    Most of us DO:

1) Take Holy Prism the majority of the time (some fights have a benefit for LH, such as Megaera HC, Council HC); ES is pretty much never taken.
    2) Take LAotL the majority of the time. POJ is more useful on some encounters (JiKun, Primo HC, Megaera HC) and can be used on pretty much any fight in place of LAotL if you prefer. POJ is largely ignored.

If you're not stacking haste, you're 99% of the time doing it wrong. In 10mans, haste will outperform every other conceivable stat (especially dodge/parry) by orders of magnitude in terms of DPS, HPS and HoPo gen.
    If you're sticking to the priority you listed (AS, Cons, Prism, HW), you're also doing it wrong. SS is important and should be kept up at all times, but you should always prioritize HoPo gen's over fillers. After that, AS is your hardest hitter, followed by HW, then Cons/Prism. There is a post on a previous page showing the DPET of each of the fillers based on target number.
    20k and counting...

Tian,

I also use Holy Prism 90% of the time. No regrets, it does good damage and if timed correctly can help a lot with raid healing.

I also use Long Arm of the Law most of the time and only switch to the sprint one in fights where it's more useful (like Iron Qon, Ji-kun, Blade Lord (in HoF), etc)

Also, Haste stacking made tanking a lot more fun and dynamic for me. Only downside is making my Prot Warrior feel clunky and slow as hell in comparison now.

Since late Tier-whatever-the-fuck-MSV/HOF was, LaotL beats PoJ due to the haste values, I thought I'd edited that in so I'll do it now. With regards to Holy Prism and Lights Hammer, in the last tier LH was better for more of the fights than prism I seem to remember. If that's changed for this tier (kinda obviously has) I'll change it as well.

Edit: Done.

first week on 25s
    /ranking wanking

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Most of us DO:

1) Take Holy Prism the majority of the time (some fights have a benefit for LH, such as Megaera HC, Council HC); ES is pretty much never taken.
    2) Take LAotL the majority of the time. POJ is more useful on some encounters (JiKun, Primo HC, Megaera HC) and can be used on pretty much any fight in place of LAotL if you prefer. POJ is largely ignored.

If you're not stacking haste, you're 99% of the time doing it wrong. In 10mans, haste will outperform every other conceivable stat (especially dodge/parry) by orders of magnitude in terms of DPS, HPS and HoPo gen.
    If you're sticking to the priority you listed (AS, Cons, Prism, HW), you're also doing it wrong. SS is important and should be kept up at all times, but you should always prioritize HoPo gen's over fillers. After that, AS is your hardest hitter, followed by HW, then Cons/Prism. There is a post on a previous page showing the DPET of each of the fillers based on target number.

TY for the fast response,
    First of all can you give me that link to the post that talks about the fillers.

Second,
    about the priority list that i mentioned i was jsut talking about fillers i obviously prioritize the HoPo gen`s to keep my SotR Buff up, right now without haste i`ve managed to keep it up for 62 percent of the time in every fight, the thing is that i jsut came back to wow cause i hated cata and im stuck doing RF untill i get some decent gear to app for progression guild and you dont get to roll for haste gear in RF, (I said i hate it but that doesnt man im going agianst it since i know its one of the proritys now for a lot of reasons such as, dps/threat, HPS, and mitigation).

and ty MerinPally for the guide and the editing now i just read the thread and went to the last page to reply wasnt going to read 105 pages.=D