What was the formula to figure out the GCD again?

edit: nm, it's 1.5/(1+haste%)
    Last edited by Promdates; 2013-06-11 at 02:10 PM.

Hmmkay that sounds great.

Stopped bothering with the pools on heroic a while ago since they just completely obliterate you as a DK and the gain didn't seem worth the risk~
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Hmmkay that sounds great.

Stopped bothering with the pools on heroic a while ago since they just completely obliterate you as a DK and the gain didn't seem worth the risk~
    Yeah, it's an amazing use for the talent, esp with unglyphed DivProt. I think it works on the infected talon debuff as well. But yeah, AMS will be consumed way too quickly and I'm not sure other classes have a viable way to consistently soak pools either. Huzzah, us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Monks do have some cooldown they can use to soak a bunch of pools. Forgot the name but my other tank's a monk and he cleans a lot of pools (and so does the monk healer).

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Monks do have some cooldown they can use to soak a bunch of pools. Forgot the name but my other tank's a monk and he cleans a lot of pools (and so does the monk healer).
    I guess Zen Meditation (requires him to not be tanking and not dpsing) and Diffuse Magic.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Yeah Zen Med for when hes offtanking, but it's a 3min CD (compared to 30 sec for HoPur).
    Diffuse is good, but I thought most took Dampen on that fight (to eat extra rakes for lolveng, or whatever)? Either way, monk's can def clean up the floor, I'm just saying Pal's are the best janitors

Plus, we can clean WHILE tanking, which is fun for boosting DPS. I may try to line up a stupid-high-vengeance ES with a Feed Young tonight, just for kicks.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Plus, we can clean WHILE tanking, which is fun for boosting DPS. I may try to line up a stupid-high-vengeance ES with a Feed Young tonight, just for kicks.
    You do 10s right? I couldn't see myself doing this on 25H without getting pooped or on using external CD's.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    You do 10s right? I couldn't see myself doing this on 25H without getting pooped or on using external CD's.
    Good point. Yes, 10m here. It's kinda silly how much stat inflation has negated any threat of danger in 10s (for the most part). We're making up far less of the raids overall damage now, as well, since our DPS is sitting at ~538-542+. I'm finding myself sit-tanking far more often simply because 1) I'm not topping the meters anymore and 2) I'm bored.

YMWV on 25, ofc.
    20k and counting...

I have a hilarious picture of me single tanking the trash in Iron Qon's room last night on 25H, ended up around 568k vengeance doing 1m dps. Was pretty lulzy.

Gotta do that with primordius trash lots of fun with half the raid being blown to pieces by the blobs :O
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

i do that every week. i got that mass pull horn from rare in the valley, i run into the center of the room and blow it, gathering half of the room of adds. 7-10 deaths guaranteed

Have you guys seen the new 5.4 set bonuses?

Item - Paladin T16 Protection 2P Bonus (New) Bastion of Glory now generates 1 Holy Power per stack consumed.
    Item - Paladin T16 Protection 4P Bonus (New) While Guardian of Ancient Kings is active, 100% of the damage taken is converted into a heal over time that activates when Guardian of Ancient Kings fades.

Not sure about the 4P but 2P seems like a nice bonus.

so 2P makes Word of Glory a 2HP gain, every ~30 secs or smth, which is nice, but not amazing in my eyes
    4P seems like smth that doubles the duration of GoAK

Not amazing 2p but a decent bonus (like current 2p) if you get 2 pieces with good stats. Unless we have 4 pieces with mastery, exp, hit (how awesome would it be if it did have haste?) then I guess the 4p would be okay, but we'd probably have to take a load of dodge and parry crap for it, though it does seem cool for extreme damage phases.

That 2p is the most amazing thing I have seen. Hello 100% sotr uptime. Finally a good tier bonus.

Edit: Seriously, omg, if that 2p makes it live. You are gonna be able to have like 110-120% uptime on SotR. Brb math.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

I feel like they're pretty underwhelming but the 2P is nice. A LoH-like WoG followed up by a ShoR + 2 HoPo every ~40 sec is pretty powerful.

4P seemed cool at first until I thought about it. Don't think I use GoAK enough to benefit much from this 4P.

Hopefully they itemize our gear better in T16 so I can actually use tier pieces. I can see myself using 2P if there are some non-D/P tier pieces.

Even at a 2 HP gain it's not going to change the way we use WoG, much lie the 40% block now doesn't change it. Risking not having that oh shit WoG just isn't something I can see as smart. These bonus' leave a lot to be desired, imo. Well, unless we can get like 100% uptime on SoTR or soemthing haha, but that seems like something they would find a way to nerf. I dunno, can't wait to play with it either way.
    Last edited by Aceshigh; 2013-06-12 at 04:44 AM.

Guys. Tip. 1 HoPo WoG = effectively lowering the cost of SotR to 2.2 HoPo, 1.934 HoPo if you use DP. That is an SotR uptime increase of over 30%.

That is because each SotR would generate 0.8 HoPo, making the cost 3-0.8=2.2. If you use DP, each SotR = 1.33 SotRs making the average SotR generating 1.066 HoPo.

That 2p is AMAZING
    Last edited by Firefly33; 2013-06-12 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Guys. Tip. 1 HoPo WoG = effectively lowering the cost of SotR to 2.2 HoPo, 1.934 HoPo if you use DP. That is an SotR uptime increase of over 30%.

That 2p is AMAZING
    What would be the best way to utilize this 2P then?

Normal rotation until 5 stacks of Bastion, 1 HoPo WoG, profit?

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    What would be the best way to utilize this 2P then?

Normal rotation until 5 stacks of Bastion, 1 HoPo WoG, profit?
    If you are aiming for max SotR uptime yes.

When you have 4 stacks of bastion
    At 3 HoPo use SotR - HoPo Generator - WoG - SotR

alternatively, wait for 4 HoPo and use SotR - WoG - SotR quickly.