Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    so what does haste to SS?

it does NOT reduce the (big) buff's duration, this is 30 seconds, right?
    so with 0 haste, you get 5 shields out of that 30 seconds (it procs every 6), and that duration is also 6 seconds, meaning, when the big buff wears off, you get the last proc (the first is after 6 seconds).
    now you have some haste and the duration is 5.5 secs and the proc span is 5.5, making the 6th proc being made at the mark of 30.25 seconds. too bad this is 0.25 seconds too late. so add a little more, so that both are at 5.47, so the 6th proc is at the 29.9209 mark, right before the big one wears off. sooo... question being....

if you say, that every point of haste is worth as much as the next regarding sacred shield - where is the fallacy on my side here? because I don't see the reason why there should not be some sort of soft cap.

if you are right (and I have the feeling that you are, and will show me where I'm thinking the wrong way), this totally bursts my bubble of hast being able to be ... measured out, if one has the T16 2 pc and achieves 100% ShotR uptime with that.

also editing my part here: I guess I see that point I am wrong - letting run out SS. But I don't see the SS buff last like 40 seconds, so just taking a random guess from way back in my memory here - Using my theory of the "soft caps", I need to refresh SS after the theoretical last proc before the big buff runs out, correct?

edit: If I am - is there a possible trigger for a weak aura here?
    * check - depending on the haste amount - if the next tick of SS would occur after the "Big" buff runs out
    show icon 1 (e.g: normal SS icon)
    * and if the big buff is missing completely
    show icon 2 (e.g. a red SS icon, showing that I failed hard and let SS run out)

that would be nice. depending that my random guess from above is correct.
    The important thing about haste and SS is the duration between when the absorb shield gets reapplied. The shorter this is the better, and each point of haste reduces this by a fixed % from the base 6 sec duration.

You should reapply SS before it falls off (unless you're taking no damage in which case it's a moo point) ideally when you have a significant jump up in vengence.
    Keeping it real since 1864.

With enough haste, the secondary (re: the bubble proc itself) of SS has a really small CD. I personally see mine somewhere around 3 seconds before it refreshes itself. So what that means is the remainder timer on the secondary ticks down to 2 seconds then refreshes back to up it's highest.

If you check your WoL log browser, do Aura Spell ID 65148. You can see how quickly it will refresh itself with higher levels of haste. The more haste you have, the more often it will proc, so the higher uptime you have, the more damage you can/will mitigate.

Duration of SS is not a static 30 seconds. It can go between 28 to 32 seconds depending on your haste levels. If you SS have a tick time of 5.2 seconds, then SS becomes a 31.2 second buff.

However, this is only relevant if you do not reapply SS. If you keep reapplying SS, all this does not matter. Since you have SS up all the time, so if you have a duration of 5.0 or 5.1 seconds, having 5.0 is always benefitial as you get it 0.1 second faster each time. That is why each point matters as much. It does not matter if you go from 6.00 to 5.59 or 4.00 to 3.99, each point helps you.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

As all have said (stupid busy day at work!), each point of haste (up to 21250, anyway) is just as good as the last for SoB and SS effectiveness.

My SS ticks occur around every 3.4 seconds (IIRC), but I also refresh often (perhaps too often sometimes) based on vengeance fluctuations and open globals. Each point of haste I get makes those ticks (for 150k+ sometimes!) occur faster/more often/closer together.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 03:34 PM ----------

Oh, not sure if this slipped past anyone, but:

Vengeance gains from Critical Attacks have been halved.

RIP /sit
    Last edited by Nairobi; 2013-06-12 at 03:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Oh, not sure if this slipped past anyone, but:

Vengeance gains from Critical Attacks have been halved.

RIP /sit
    good thing
    /sit is the antithesis to good tanking imo

Probably, I just will miss the massive 200k+ SS ticks from sit-tanking HC Lei Shen.

I wish they'd ditch the vengeance gains from environmental damage 100%, too, if they're looking to refine the rules on what gives AP.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Standing in fire though is perfectly fine!

They could've just removed sit crits from pve - not like it serves any purpose anyway.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

(up to 22.5k, anyway
    Is this supposed to be the 50% mark? Isn't haste 425 per 1%, which would be 21,250. I think you're using 450 as the 1% mark. (I just double checked my armory and the 425 matches up right...)

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Is this supposed to be the 50% mark? Isn't haste 425 per 1%, which would be 21,250. I think you're using 450 as the 1% mark. (I just double checked my armory and the 425 matches up right...)
    Errr, yeah. I knew it was some combination of 2, 5, and 0. But yes, 21250 (closer than we think!)
    20k and counting...

Errr, yeah. I knew it was some combination of 2, 5, and 0. But yes, 21250 (closer than we think!)
    you should aim to get 21250 achie poinst tbh - little job for you

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    you should aim to get 21250 achie poinst tbh - little job for you
    Should be doable in 5.4, but harder to do now without any real desire to beg/borrow/steal into an 1800+ RBG team, and the fact that I do 2s/3s with my GF, I'm missing a good bit of PVP achivs Most every other "section" of achivs is 95%+ complete, just missing a few dozen PVP achivs, mainly the 100 wins for new BGs since grinding them is soooo tiring. But it'd get me "Khan", so maybe I'll do that now that raiding is down to 1day/week.
    20k and counting...

Should be doable in 5.4, but harder to do now without any real desire to beg/borrow/steal into an 1800+ RBG team, and the fact that I do 2s/3s with my GF, I'm missing a good bit of PVP achivs Most every other "section" of achivs is 95%+ complete, just missing a few dozen PVP achivs, mainly the 100 wins for new BGs since grinding them is soooo tiring. But it'd get me "Khan", so maybe I'll do that now that raiding is down to 1day/week.
    I knew a couple that did arena together back in TBC....

Power to you.

Wait... diminishing returns have been removed from haste mechanics O.o ?
    If that's so, I'm just retarded and realised it thanks to you

/kiss anyway

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    Wait... diminishing returns have been removed from haste mechanics O.o ?
    If that's so, I'm just retarded and realised it thanks to you

/kiss anyway
    Haste never had any diminishing returns...
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    I knew a couple that did arena together back in TBC....

Power to you.
    The couple that slays together.....usually ends up screaming at one another.
    20k and counting...

The couple that slays together.....usually ends up screaming at one another.
    I do 2v2 on my Warlock with my GF and I'll testify to the truthfulness of this statement.

Hey guys, i wanted to ask for the help of the community.
    One of our tanks will be mia and i will need to tank ji'kun hc.
    The issue is that i only got ret gear ~ around 600k life unbuffed when i switch to protection.
    Any tips for this? Should i put some haste + stamina gems? Is the health enough ? Should i use a flask (and if yes which one?) or double elixirs? (armor + haste).
    How about glyphs (is protection a mandatory glyph for that fight?), talents ? (light's hammer or exec sentence for dps)?

Thanks in advance

82.3% sotr uptime on durumu tonight, wtb that new 2 set, should be interesting to see the uptimes we can get with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanor View Post
    Hey guys, i wanted to ask for the help of the community.
    One of our tanks will be mia and i will need to tank ji'kun hc.
    The issue is that i only got ret gear ~ around 600k life unbuffed when i switch to protection.
    Any tips for this? Should i put some haste + stamina gems? Is the health enough ? Should i use a flask (and if yes which one?) or double elixirs? (armor + haste).
    How about glyphs (is protection a mandatory glyph for that fight?), talents ? (light's hammer or exec sentence for dps)?

Thanks in advance
    I have no problem sitting on about 615k unbuffed health. I would suggest stamina flask if it is progress, otherwise elixir.

If your healers are having problems you can use LH if you are stacking up during thunderstorm or HPrism if you spread out. Use ES if you have 3 healers or your healers have no problem healing the thunderstorm.

I would suggest battle-healer, focused shield and final wrath for this fight.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.