Thanks for your fast reply fire but
    I meant the 6th boss not the first =)
    and no its not progress, just farm night, missing a mt.

Btw which lvl 75 talent do you suggest? I am always rolling with dp for its normal counter part as i feel more comfortable dealing with the talon rakes.
    Last edited by Meanor; 2013-06-13 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanor View Post
    Thanks for your fast reply fire but
    I meant the 6th boss not the first =)
    and no its not progress, just farm night, missing a mt.

Btw which lvl 75 talent do you suggest? I am always rolling with dp for its normal counter part as i feel more comfortable dealing with the talon rakes.
    No idea how I read Ji-Kun into jin'rokh.

Well, I suggest keeping DP. It works just fine.

For glyphs on Ji-Kun, maybe battle-healer + focused shield first off. Then either divine protection or final wrath as the last one. Glyphing divine prot can help you on that second/third talon rake, however not glyphing it helps you with soaking pools. If you feel like you do not need the phys dam reduction for the rakes, you should probably go with final wrath.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    No idea how I read Ji-Kun into jin'rokh.

Well, I suggest keeping DP. It works just fine.

For glyphs on Ji-Kun, maybe battle-healer + focused shield first off. Then either divine protection or final wrath as the last one. Glyphing divine prot can help you on that second/third talon rake, however not glyphing it helps you with soaking pools. If you feel like you do not need the phys dam reduction for the rakes, you should probably go with final wrath.
    Idk about the pools but i'd take HW glyph so that your dp stays at 40% for those infected talons (once they get in 10-12 stack range they actually hurt fairly well)

Ive still never used the div prot glyph - seems such a waste of a glyph slot . Physical damage = meh got that covered....
    Keeping it url since 1864.

Should I refresh SS just before bloodlust falls off for the haste benefit?

Quote Originally Posted by ElChig View Post
    Should I refresh SS just before bloodlust falls off for the haste benefit?
    iirc SS updates dynamically with haste, though not with vengeance

Eurgh talent changes this means I have to do some updates and something meaningful

Ps. I'm returning to WoW over the summer so I can actually be involved again \o/

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    iirc SS updates dynamically with haste, though not with vengeance
    I don't think so. I've never seen my overall duration of SS change upon gaining/losing heroism, which should alter it by a few seconds (enough to be noticeable). But, then again, I've never really examined it either. As you said, it def isn't dynamic with AP, so I guess I just assumed it snapshot'd ALL stats/parameters.

But yes, it's a good practice to clip it at the end of Hero to keep a short-tick shield IF you're at a decent level of vengeance. If you were off-tanking and have low-to-no AP, a 3 sec tick of 20k does far less than a 3.8 sec tick of 90k, obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    I don't think so. I've never seen my overall duration of SS change upon gaining/losing heroism, which should alter it by a few seconds (enough to be noticeable). But, then again, I've never really examined it either. As you said, it def isn't dynamic with AP, so I guess I just assumed it snapshot'd ALL stats/parameters.

But yes, it's a good practice to clip it at the end of Hero to keep a short-tick shield IF you're at a decent level of vengeance. If you were off-tanking and have low-to-no AP, a 3 sec tick of 20k does far less than a 3.8 sec tick of 90k, obviously.
    Ill have to check in game with a on use haste trinket, but i think I recall seeing the SS tic duration change dynamically when your haste levels change. Cant recall properly tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Ill have to check in game with a on use haste trinket, but i think I recall seeing the SS tic duration change dynamically when your haste levels change. Cant recall properly tbh.
    Just checked. Yes it is dynamic. I actually thought it was snap shot before. You learn something new every day.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Just checked. Yes it is dynamic. I actually thought it was snap shot before. You learn something new every day.
    Well damn. So, no point in re-shielding for Hero...one less thing to do I guess.

Odd that they'd have dynamic haste but static AP/SP coefficients.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

What professions would you guys suggest for a prot paladin?
    Case: Corsair Carbide 500R - PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 - CPU: i5-2500k @ 4.3 GHz - CPU Cooler: Zulaman CNPS10X Performa with 2 coolers -Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H - Memory: 2x Corsair 4 GB DDR3 - GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 280X - Monitor 1: Asus VE247H- Monitor 2: Acer X243W
    PlayStation 4 Username: Blattardos - games: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - BF4 - Infamous Second Son - The Last Of Us Remastered

I run BS/Engi.

BS is best overall, providing 2 extra sockets, which is great for us, given our desire for haste.
    Engi isn't the best tank profession in terms of stats, but you get lots of fun and useful toys and QOL stuff.

Other good options:
    LW - free leg patches and 2 good wrist enchants. Probably the strongest tank prof with BS.
    Enchanting isn't terrible . Stam or STR to rings
    Alchemy isn't bad - extra flask duration and power (stam or STR)
    Inscrip - Just bonus stats on shoulder ench (Str or stam)

Mediocre but not awful:
    Herbalism - Yep, it's not THAT bad. Haste and a HOT...but I wouldn't get giddy over it
    Mining - Free stam is free
    JC - secondary stat gems (Haste, for example) don't get 2x bonus to stats here, so you lose out on 50% of the "bonus" if you use secondaries over primaries

Things to avoid:
    Skinning - Crit. Yay.
    Tailoring - Just assuming this sucks.
    20k and counting...

Tailoring - Just assuming this sucks.
    But you gotta admit, you'd take Tailoring any day of the year if it provided something somewhat "ok", cuz you know... FLYING CARPET !!!!111½½!"!

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    But you gotta admit, you'd take Tailoring any day of the year if it provided something somewhat "ok", cuz you know... FLYING CARPET !!!!111½½!"!
    I primarily raided on my mage for TBC, WoTLK, and a bit in Cata, and I gotta say....flying carpet gets boring pretty fast.
    I recently got the Ony mount (after months of farming) and it's my favorite at the moment.<3

Uh, OT - I'm BS and Mining...like Nairobi said, BS is awesome for those extra sockets and Mining is free stam. Yay.
    I've seen people claim that they got rejected from guilds because they had gathering professions...is that really a thing? That seems absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    I primarily raided on my mage for TBC, WoTLK, and a bit in Cata, and I gotta say....flying carpet gets boring pretty fast.
    I recently got the Ony mount (after months of farming) and it's my favorite at the moment.<3

Uh, OT - I'm BS and Mining...like Nairobi said, BS is awesome for those extra sockets and Mining is free stam. Yay.
    I've seen people claim that they got rejected from guilds because they had gathering professions...is that really a thing? That seems absolutely ridiculous.
    ~

I'm the guild master so I ain't getting rejected but I got heckled to no end until I dropped Mining for something else :d.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    ~

I'm the guild master so I ain't getting rejected but I got heckled to no end until I dropped Mining for something else :d.
    Wouldn't say that it's that bad for prot.

Any tips you guys can give me for Megaera HC? We managed like an hour of tries tonight and we almost killed her in the end. Seems like a really easy fight and hardest part was setting up a proper rotation of cooldowns so people wouldn't die to that crazy ass rampage.

Also having a little bit of trouble grabbing the adds when they spawn in fucktown mountain across the world.

So, again, any tips or strategies you guys found useful for this fight?

We're 2 tanking it atm, swapping based on stacks and we grab adds based on who's closest to their spawn point.

I was having trouble grabbing all of them just before the 6th rampage, mostly.

Have a plate DPS grab adds.
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Have a plate DPS grab adds.
    Our only plate DPS is a Fury Warr, should he go Def stance, grab them and bring'em towards us? We considered it but it seemed like a big DPS loss as adds keep spawning in greater frequency/numbers (as a tank I can kill them fast enough, problem is grabbing aggro on all of them when they spawn far away).