1. #2541
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Prot 2pc and 4pc t16 have switched places.

    What's got 2 thumbs and isn't using any tier?

    <--- This guy.
    They see that the 4p is EXTREMELY lackluster while the 2p has the ability to be broken (we'll see), so what do they do? They don't give us a bonus worth a damn, they just make the potentially broken 2p into the 4p and leave a useless 2p bonus. It's simply lazy design, no other words for it.

    I'll likely be on the no tier train as well. Early in the ptr, still lots to see I guess. Just really disappointed at how lazy this "fix" is.

  2. #2542
    Pandaren Monk Sunnydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lamp?
    Posts
    1,836
    soo i looted the hit/mastery chest from heroic Jinrokh today and curious if the increased stamina/str and secondary stat is worth using this for my prot specc? currently using the ret t15 LFR chest (no luck on normal token yet)..

    can also upgrade it.. so its 502 vs 543

  3. #2543
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    soo i looted the hit/mastery chest from heroic Jinrokh today and curious if the increased stamina/str and secondary stat is worth using this for my prot specc? currently using the ret t15 LFR chest (no luck on normal token yet)..

    can also upgrade it.. so its 502 vs 543
    Yes, yes yes yes, all the times yes lol

  4. #2544
    Pandaren Monk Sunnydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lamp?
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Yes, yes yes yes, all the times yes lol
    haha that was what i thought. just felt like a loss due to the -socket and its expertise/haste :<

  5. #2545
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Why would you solo-tank Tortos HC, unless for ranking? It's honestly way easier and safer (for all) to just use a second tank. If you have a BrM worth a damn, stick him on bats, and you take boss.
    Yeah it wasn't going to happen on 25M. Damage was pretty insane. When our BrM finally manned up and agreed to kite, we killed him in 3 pulls.

  6. #2546
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    haha that was what i thought. just felt like a loss due to the -socket and its expertise/haste :<
    at least you're upgrading into something without D/P, turning Haste into that is the worst feeling ever

  7. #2547
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    soo i looted the hit/mastery chest from heroic Jinrokh today and curious if the increased stamina/str and secondary stat is worth using this for my prot specc? currently using the ret t15 LFR chest (no luck on normal token yet)..

    can also upgrade it.. so its 502 vs 543
    I'm "stuck" using this til I can coin a tier chest off of HC animus. It's not bad at all, just you'll likely be over hit cap with feather using this. Otherwise, it's a great piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  8. #2548
    Mechagnome Lethora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    695
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    soo i looted the hit/mastery chest from heroic Jinrokh today and curious if the increased stamina/str and secondary stat is worth using this for my prot specc? currently using the ret t15 LFR chest (no luck on normal token yet)..

    can also upgrade it.. so its 502 vs 543
    I'm running HC TF version of that chest, and will probably keep it until we get Dark Animus heroic down.
    Lethora, 100 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 100 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU

  9. #2549
    Herald of the Titans xebtria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bloody ol' Germany
    Posts
    2,937
    So they actually MADE sacred shield to holy shield. any chances of the proc version of that spell to be renamed to something else (not SS, but also not HS) to clean up the mess of tracking that spell for Weak auras?

    plus I like the fact that they change all taunts to increase thread done to that target by 200%. taunt pull is back in business.
    Last edited by xebtria; 2013-06-20 at 05:47 AM.

  10. #2550
    Pandaren Monk Sunnydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lamp?
    Posts
    1,836
    so uhm. ive asked quite alot recently in here ( was a bit difficult coming back to raiding and jumping in to heroic progressing straight away),

    currently progressing on heroic Horridon and Iron qon, got a questions on horridon regarding solo tanking the entire fight, yes im talking SOLO, ive seen some Logs of guilds doing this fight with 1 tank on horridon and pickign up dinomancer, rest of the raid is 2 healers and dps, is this viable for progress or is this " we're used to the fight so we can do it like this".

    also curious regarding how many stacks of Impale i should take on Iron qon, had a few tries last reset and i removed them around 4-5, do i dare take any more or is that the "Limit"?

  11. #2551
    With proper Purity and ShoR timing there's pretty much no limit to how high you can let Impale it stack.
    I recommend a reset for the first windstorm an right before the last phase starts.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  12. #2552
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    plus I like the fact that they change all taunts to increase thread done to that target by 200%. taunt pull is back in business.
    Like anyone had problem with threat in the pull :S

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 07:15 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    currently progressing on heroic Horridon and Iron qon, got a questions on horridon regarding solo tanking the entire fight, yes im talking SOLO, ive seen some Logs of guilds doing this fight with 1 tank on horridon and pickign up dinomancer, rest of the raid is 2 healers and dps, is this viable for progress or is this " we're used to the fight so we can do it like this"
    It is viable but not easier. Solo tanking horridon does not provide an insane dps gain and makes the soft enrage harder by only having 1 tank to chain cooldowns in the last phase. You could do it for first kill but would not recommend it.

    If you do, remember to not get stunned on the first gate by the stone gazers. What I found was that you can simply run away from the stonegazers when they start casting stone gaze (blizzard creativity). If you just run out of melee range you wont get stunned by it. I also found it helpful to have the raid being more stacked up, not stacked up ofc, but atleast on the same side of horridon, made picking up loose adds easier.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  13. #2553
    Mechagnome Lethora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    695
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    also curious regarding how many stacks of Impale i should take on Iron qon, had a few tries last reset and i removed them around 4-5, do i dare take any more or is that the "Limit"?
    I'm stacking up to 8-9 usually, but I have 2 holy paladins in raid (25H) who toss me HoPurs every cd, and I cover the rest of duration with my own cds and ShoR.
    Lethora, 100 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 100 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU

  14. #2554
    Banned rawhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Solihull, UK
    Posts
    1,765
    lol at first read of the patch notes i was under the impression that they were completely replacing our current sacred shield with this new version, which would be quite some nerf!
    Second read reveals that this is in addition to it - makes my mind boggle, apparently we need buffs!







    Waiting for the inevitable tuning adjustments to bring us back in line (looking at you "old" sacred shield scaling).

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 09:31 AM ----------

    Also note the prot buff to sanctified wrath - reducing judgment cd by 100%, may actually start using that talent.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 09:33 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    also curious regarding how many stacks of Impale i should take on Iron qon, had a few tries last reset and i removed them around 4-5, do i dare take any more or is that the "Limit"?
    bubble going into the windstorm. bubble again when going into last phase. this leaves you hop to reset stacks during last phase. HoPurity is win.
    Last edited by rawhammer; 2013-06-20 at 11:26 AM.

  15. #2555
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Also note the prot buff to sanctified wrath - reducing judgment cd by 100%, may actually start using that talent.
    What do you mean start?!?!?!?

    Jokes aside, it is not really a huge buff to HoPo regeneration with SW, it does however bring it more on par in terms of damage. Maybe it will be time for me to start dusting SW off again, have been using DP 100% lately.

    On a completely unrelated topic, have anyone have any luck soloing maloriak? I am finding his enrage to be too short, hitting it on 30-40%~. If only his enrage was a few min longer or my gear was better, it would have been possible to kill him. Not sure if I am missing some obvious tactic to kill him here but at the moment he is pissing me off. The fight itself is great! One of the most fun solo fights imo, needs really good execution however it is just boring how "impossible" it is.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  16. #2556
    Herald of the Titans xebtria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bloody ol' Germany
    Posts
    2,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Like anyone had problem with threat in the pull :S
    just for the sake of doing it.

  17. #2557
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    What do you mean start?!?!?!?

    Jokes aside, it is not really a huge buff to HoPo regeneration with SW, it does however bring it more on par in terms of damage. Maybe it will be time for me to start dusting SW off again, have been using DP 100% lately.

    On a completely unrelated topic, have anyone have any luck soloing maloriak? I am finding his enrage to be too short, hitting it on 30-40%~. If only his enrage was a few min longer or my gear was better, it would have been possible to kill him. Not sure if I am missing some obvious tactic to kill him here but at the moment he is pissing me off. The fight itself is great! One of the most fun solo fights imo, needs really good execution however it is just boring how "impossible" it is.
    You really need an offensive magic dispel for Maloriak, the heal is huge.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  18. #2558
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You really need an offensive magic dispel for Maloriak, the heal is huge.
    It is only slightly above 1 million in normal. If I managed to dps it down to 35% now, it will for sure be killable in T16 gear.
    I actually gave heroic an attempt instead of normal (due to longer enrage timer) and it did not seem that bad. The black phase was easy but the red phase kept raping me since the breaths deals 850k instead of 400k damage, but with a bit of tactic tuning heroic should not be impossible.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  19. #2559
    the taunt change is designer, so the 1st tank will not get aggro from the boss because of of the vengeance he has, and give the 2nd tank time to build some

  20. #2560
    Fluffy Kitten Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by zloitima View Post
    the taunt change is designer, so the 1st tank will not get aggro from the boss because of of the vengeance he has, and give the 2nd tank time to build some
    Indirect monk buff too. >.> Now my co-tank can switch taunts without me going slow.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •