Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    Can anyone tell me the "normal" BiS set for Haste Protadin with Exp Hard Cap?
    it will be the items with haste on them

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    it will be the items with haste on them
    Well that was really helpful! Thanks meng!11! )))

Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    Well that was really helpful! Thanks meng!11! )))
    Are you looking at t15 or t16?

PD has a spreadsheet (in the Fix my Tanking thread) for next tier that you can play with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Are you looking at t15 or t16?

PD has a spreadsheet (in the Fix my Tanking thread) for next tier that you can play with.
    T15. Literally just came back to the game and I wanna get myself up to par again.

So looking at only t15 normals? 10m?

If so, you can avoid all prot tier, but the 2pc isn't bad and you can use the tier helm/shoulders. Here's a quick list off top of my head:

Helm = DA Crit/Haste OR tier helm
    Neck = Valor haste/mast
    Shoulders = Tortos crit/haste OR tier shoulders
    Cloak = valor haste/mastery OR 600
    Chest = Ret tier chest
    Bracers = Horridon (or if you get a lucky roll on Durumu for straight haste)
    Gloves = Primo
    Belt = JinRohk
    Legs = Durumu (or Horridon for mastery > exp, depending on needs)
    Boots = 522 crafted haste/mast
    Rings = Valor + Primo
    Trinkets = Valor + Spark
    Weapon = IQ or JinRohk
    Shield = LeiShen or Primo (don't waste coins rolling for Primo shield though, since he drops 2 good Prot pieces as Ret, and his loot table for Prot is a minefield of dodge/parry shit)

That set favors expertise in the trinkets. chest and legs. Can swap them around as needed with other stuff, but it's hard to go for a "BiS" tank set since the values are so personal. IE if you're short on hit, you can get Feather or the JinRohk chest.

No idea how that maps out at 522 (+8) in terms of exact caps, but it should get you into "gem/reforge range" at least.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

So looking at only t15 normals? 10m?

If so, you can avoid all prot tier, but the 2pc isn't bad and you can use the tier helm/shoulders. Here's a quick list off top of my head:

Helm = DA Crit/Haste OR tier helm
    Neck = Valor haste/mast
    Shoulders = Tortos crit/haste OR tier shoulders
    Cloak = valor haste/mastery OR 600
    Chest = Ret tier chest
    Bracers = Horridon (or if you get a lucky roll on Durumu for straight haste)
    Gloves = Primo
    Belt = JinRohk
    Legs = Durumu (or Horridon for mastery > exp, depending on needs)
    Boots = 522 crafted haste/mast
    Rings = Valor + Primo
    Trinkets = Valor + Spark
    Weapon = IQ or JinRohk
    Shield = LeiShen or Primo (don't waste coins rolling for Primo shield though, since he drops 2 good Prot pieces as Ret, and his loot table for Prot is a minefield of dodge/parry shit)

That set favors expertise in the trinkets. chest and legs. Can swap them around as needed with other stuff, but it's hard to go for a "BiS" tank set since the values are so personal. IE if you're short on hit, you can get Feather or the JinRohk chest.

No idea how that maps out at 522 (+8) in terms of exact caps, but it should get you into "gem/reforge range" at least.
    Wouldn't the Tortos int shield be worth consideration as well? Currently using the heroic version.

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    Wouldn't the Tortos int shield be worth consideration as well? Currently using the heroic version.
    I guess. He DID say he's going for a max haste build, which is what that shield is for.

I just don't ever use Int stuff, personally. I do recommend it to folks playing catch up, but personally never use it. "Do as I say, not as I do", I suppose. With the upcoming 5.4 GC changes, I'll have even less use for Int gear.

Huzzah for a Mastery/Exp shield in SoO too!
    20k and counting...

I guess. He DID say he's going for a max haste build, which is what that shield is for.

I just don't ever use Int stuff, personally. I do recommend it to folks playing catch up, but personally never use it. "Do as I say, not as I do", I suppose. With the upcoming 5.4 GC changes, I'll have even less use for Int gear.

Huzzah for a Mastery/Exp shield in SoO too!
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of using int gear as well, but I figured the Tortos shield is > than 522+8 Primo's. The Primo and Lei Shen ones are Mastery/D and the Mastery/P respectively (I think) so I'll probably hold onto the Tortos one until we get H Lei-Shen down.

Doesn't hurt that we get the Tortos shield on a weekly basis.

Also - excited for some Str/Haste 1H in SoO.

Yeah, I'm currently using tortos shield because it's HTF. Better than my 530 primo shield.
    I'll try to get my hands on a 543 (at least) STR shield before 5.4 though, if I can, otherwise, I'll just cope with it until a SoO drops

I personally wouldn't recommend the Tortos shield.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...99.0.0.0.124.2

The spirit and int have 0 value for us. Sure you can argue that the int gives us spell crit, but honestly that's not worth enough for me to swap out any kind of mitigation/avoidance stat for the spell crit. While you can argue that dodge/parry has no value, it actually does have some value as it will proc GC, especially in 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I personally wouldn't recommend the Tortos shield.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...99.0.0.0.124.2

The spirit and int have 0 value for us. Sure you can argue that the int gives us spell crit, but honestly that's not worth enough for me to swap out any kind of mitigation/avoidance stat for the spell crit. While you can argue that dodge/parry has no value, it actually does have some value as it will proc GC, especially in 5.4.
    Basically this.

The times that I recommend it are for new tanks that are coming in with a Tyran shield or an LFR/N MSV shield. I always urge to dump it for a "real" shield when the chance arises. It's much like D/P gear vs H/M/A gear: if there is a significant ilvl gap, you'd be foolish to stick with your low item. However, at a similar ilvl, even if slightly behind, I go with H/M/A > D/P and STR > INT.

I've got a 549 LS shield, and a 549 JinRohk ring. They're not the best itemized pieces in terms of pure haste, but the pure ilvl and stats make up for it (to me).
    20k and counting...

I'd also mention

IQ haste gloves.
    Lei Shen haste legs.
    .... and maybe the crafted helm (well possibly a bit too expensive unless you're as unlucky as me with helm drops)

as possible alternatives.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    I'd also mention

IQ haste gloves.
    Lei Shen haste legs.
    .... and maybe the crafted helm (well possibly a bit too expensive unless you're as unlucky as me with helm drops)

as possible alternatives.
    Aren't the Lei-Shen legs actually really good for someone who's Exp capped? The crit is a nice DPS boost and it has a 3rd socket.

I am returning to my Prot paladin after about a year of working on a BrM Monk and Blood DK, and I am having trouble adjusting to Prot's very large repertoire of buttons, which is larger than both BrM's and Blood's.

How do you guys best deal with the rotation priority of Prot? Are you using addons to track the cooldowns of all the spells? Which takes priority between Judgment and Crusader Strike each time their cooldowns align?

How do i deal with Sacred Shield + Avenger's Shield + Consecrate + Holy Wrath + Holy Prism + Hammer of Wrath when several of them are available at once?

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    Aren't the Lei-Shen legs actually really good for someone who's Exp capped? The crit is a nice DPS boost and it has a 3rd socket.
    It's pretty hard to exp cap anyway so eh.... and their base haste is rather low.
    Unless you're going for max dps where they shine they're a good substitute but that's about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    I am returning to my Prot paladin after about a year of working on a BrM Monk and Blood DK, and I am having trouble adjusting to Prot's very large repertoire of buttons, which is larger than both BrM's and Blood's.

How do you guys best deal with the rotation priority of Prot? Are you using addons to track the cooldowns of all the spells? Which takes priority between Judgment and Crusader Strike each time their cooldowns align?

How do i deal with Sacred Shield + Avenger's Shield + Consecrate + Holy Wrath + Holy Prism + Hammer of Wrath when several of them are available at once?
    CS takes priority over Judgement for higher HP gains.
    The most basic rotation will be something like this:
    CS J X CS X J CS X X CS J X .....
    where X is whatever is next on the priority.
    Sacred shield you want to refresh after a vengeance spike or whenever you have a free gcd or it's about to run out.
    Overall the priority will be something like
    SS > GC proc > CS > J > AS > HW > Cons > HoW
    Prism is used whenever you need to put out some raid healing.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    It depends on what exactly you're trying to do : max mitigation, max dps or sort of the middle road.

what I found helpful is - I got theck's Weak auras for Sacred shield value. when you get used to it, it won't be any problem anymore to keep a 95%+ uptime of Sacred shield, especially with high absorbs. Turns out I press SS more often than necessary, but better this than having only 50% uptime.

get used to CS>J. press them this priority whenever they are available. this is very easy to train at the target dummy.

then try to fit in your Sacred shields. Get used to Thecks Weakaura. also very easy on target dummy, although you won't see any change of values, because you won't get smashed into the face. but training a 100% uptime is possible.

then try to fit in your fillers. you will get a little less GC procs on the dummy, because you cant dodge and parry at the dummy, but the basics will work. try to prioritize the spells in the fillers correctly (as nillo has posted it).

maybe get yourself an addon like http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/uptime this, and try to track sacred shield (spell ID 20925) and shield of the righteous (spell ID 132403). when you get a 90%+ on sacred shield and a 50%+ on shield, you are on the right way. and the higher you are, the better you play. but remember, uptime on the SotR is not everything. it is more important to time it right for hard hitting boss abilities than to have a high uptime. it doesn't help you when you have 70% uptime, but the hard hitters are never covered with it.

Well, finally got my cloak today (Yay!). Am I the only one that found the tanking challenge to be quite underwhelming? It had some potential but it was just way to easy. I really hope that training grounds will prove to be challenging at the highest levels in 5.4, WoW really lacks some role bound solo challenges.

Found the RP to be awesome though at all the celestials.

Xuen: Tell me, young prince: What is the nature of strength?
    Wrathion: The power to crush ones foes, that is strength!
    Xuen: You speak only in terms one's enemies.
    Wrathion: Certainly, strength can benefit ones allies
    Xuen: How so?
    Wrathion: ... by using it the crush their enemies!

Had me laughing
    Last edited by Firefly33; 2013-07-31 at 11:49 AM.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Well, finally got my cloak today (Yay!). Am I the only one that found the tanking challenge to be quite underwhelming? It had some potential but it was just way to easy. I really hope that training grounds will prove to be challenging at the highest levels in 5.4, WoW really lacks some role bound solo challenges.
    Its really easy indeed no challenge at all (unless u forget to taunt off wrathion) compared to the dps ones ive heard is very challenging and Healer one ive been told by a friend is quite as easy as well. Guess gear levels count for something tho, my alt did it with 508 ilvl with no problems.
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos and Lets Plays

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I really hope that training grounds will prove to be challenging at the highest levels in 5.4, WoW really lacks some role bound solo challenges.
    Some of my friends were reporting that the proving grounds weren't that difficult if you knew how to play your class. So, for those of us who play at a high level, it will not be an issue.