10+ Year Old Account
    I am returning to my Prot paladin after about a year of working on a BrM Monk and Blood DK, and I am having trouble adjusting to Prot's very large repertoire of buttons, which is larger than both BrM's and Blood's.

How do you guys best deal with the rotation priority of Prot? Are you using addons to track the cooldowns of all the spells? Which takes priority between Judgment and Crusader Strike each time their cooldowns align?

How do i deal with Sacred Shield + Avenger's Shield + Consecrate + Holy Wrath + Holy Prism + Hammer of Wrath when several of them are available at once?

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    Aren't the Lei-Shen legs actually really good for someone who's Exp capped? The crit is a nice DPS boost and it has a 3rd socket.
    It's pretty hard to exp cap anyway so eh.... and their base haste is rather low.
    Unless you're going for max dps where they shine they're a good substitute but that's about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    I am returning to my Prot paladin after about a year of working on a BrM Monk and Blood DK, and I am having trouble adjusting to Prot's very large repertoire of buttons, which is larger than both BrM's and Blood's.

How do you guys best deal with the rotation priority of Prot? Are you using addons to track the cooldowns of all the spells? Which takes priority between Judgment and Crusader Strike each time their cooldowns align?

How do i deal with Sacred Shield + Avenger's Shield + Consecrate + Holy Wrath + Holy Prism + Hammer of Wrath when several of them are available at once?
    CS takes priority over Judgement for higher HP gains.
    The most basic rotation will be something like this:
    CS J X CS X J CS X X CS J X .....
    where X is whatever is next on the priority.
    Sacred shield you want to refresh after a vengeance spike or whenever you have a free gcd or it's about to run out.
    Overall the priority will be something like
    SS > GC proc > CS > J > AS > HW > Cons > HoW
    Prism is used whenever you need to put out some raid healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    It depends on what exactly you're trying to do : max mitigation, max dps or sort of the middle road.

15+ Year Old Account
    what I found helpful is - I got theck's Weak auras for Sacred shield value. when you get used to it, it won't be any problem anymore to keep a 95%+ uptime of Sacred shield, especially with high absorbs. Turns out I press SS more often than necessary, but better this than having only 50% uptime.

get used to CS>J. press them this priority whenever they are available. this is very easy to train at the target dummy.

then try to fit in your Sacred shields. Get used to Thecks Weakaura. also very easy on target dummy, although you won't see any change of values, because you won't get smashed into the face. but training a 100% uptime is possible.

then try to fit in your fillers. you will get a little less GC procs on the dummy, because you cant dodge and parry at the dummy, but the basics will work. try to prioritize the spells in the fillers correctly (as nillo has posted it).

maybe get yourself an addon like http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/uptime this, and try to track sacred shield (spell ID 20925) and shield of the righteous (spell ID 132403). when you get a 90%+ on sacred shield and a 50%+ on shield, you are on the right way. and the higher you are, the better you play. but remember, uptime on the SotR is not everything. it is more important to time it right for hard hitting boss abilities than to have a high uptime. it doesn't help you when you have 70% uptime, but the hard hitters are never covered with it.

Deleted
    Well, finally got my cloak today (Yay!). Am I the only one that found the tanking challenge to be quite underwhelming? It had some potential but it was just way to easy. I really hope that training grounds will prove to be challenging at the highest levels in 5.4, WoW really lacks some role bound solo challenges.

Found the RP to be awesome though at all the celestials.

Xuen: Tell me, young prince: What is the nature of strength?
    Wrathion: The power to crush ones foes, that is strength!
    Xuen: You speak only in terms one's enemies.
    Wrathion: Certainly, strength can benefit ones allies
    Xuen: How so?
    Wrathion: ... by using it the crush their enemies!

Had me laughing
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-07-31 at 11:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Well, finally got my cloak today (Yay!). Am I the only one that found the tanking challenge to be quite underwhelming? It had some potential but it was just way to easy. I really hope that training grounds will prove to be challenging at the highest levels in 5.4, WoW really lacks some role bound solo challenges.
    Its really easy indeed no challenge at all (unless u forget to taunt off wrathion) compared to the dps ones ive heard is very challenging and Healer one ive been told by a friend is quite as easy as well. Guess gear levels count for something tho, my alt did it with 508 ilvl with no problems.
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos

I really hope that training grounds will prove to be challenging at the highest levels in 5.4, WoW really lacks some role bound solo challenges.
    Some of my friends were reporting that the proving grounds weren't that difficult if you knew how to play your class. So, for those of us who play at a high level, it will not be an issue.

Had me laughing
    Yeah, the tank one was incredibly easy. I've not done any others, as I've kinda gotten burned out on my DK (who is on the last bit of Secrets now), and working on my monk, who is still doing test of Valor. Ugh.

The dialogue was great: I usually gloss over it, but there were some great 1-liners lol.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Some of my friends were reporting that the proving grounds weren't that difficult if you knew how to play your class. So, for those of us who play at a high level, it will not be an issue.

I've just got to find a healer to do Endless: Healing

I really like the "You're Doing It Wrong" achiv, lol. Probably will be easy to do as a Ret/DK/WW for the tank one, or BDK/BrM for the DPS one. Protpal may struggle with the DPS requirements with low V
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Had me laughing
    Grats Firefly. My pally needed 3 runestones this week. As I'm sure you would guess, the game decided to troll me and only give me 2 (1 of which of course is guaranteed from Lei Shen)...so, I have to wait another week before I get my cloak

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Well, iirc GC said that the proving grounds were undertuned on the PTR, so hopefully they get tuned up for live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Grats Firefly. My pally needed 3 runestones this week. As I'm sure you would guess, the game decided to troll me and only give me 2 (1 of which of course is guaranteed from Lei Shen)...so, I have to wait another week before I get my cloak
    I needed 4 last week and got 3 :/ Thankfully it was the day before the reset. But had to do Lei-Shen LFR twice this week... NEVER MORE LFR ON PALA!

Atleast until 5.4

Well, iirc GC said that the proving grounds were undertuned on the PTR, so hopefully they get tuned up for live.

- - - Updated - - -

I needed 4 last week and got 3 :/ Thankfully it was the day before the reset. But had to do Lei-Shen LFR twice this week... NEVER MORE LFR ON PALA!

Atleast until 5.4
    I doubt that proving grounds are going to be too difficult, otherwise too many ppl will QQ about it (i can't get into raids because i can't get bronse etc)

And grrr lfr, i think i had to do it for ~2 month after getting cloak just so i can get the ring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    I doubt that proving grounds are going to be too difficult, otherwise too many ppl will QQ about it (i can't get into raids because i can't get bronse etc)

And grrr lfr, i think i had to do it for ~2 month after getting cloak just so i can get the ring.
    Well like, bronze should not be hard. But endless should be, they dont have to make all hard or all easy, there is a middle ground where some is easy and some is hard.

What is the point of having, bronze silver and gold if there is almost no difference between them.

Sacred Shield and all L90 talents now scaling with haste on the PTR. Didn't realize it was my birthday.

Sacred Shield always did I believe.

Lvl 90s scale as they CD lowers?

One's man terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by zloitima View Post
    Sacred Shield always did I believe.

Lvl 90s scale as they CD lowers?
    I believe he means the GCD scales with haste now, which is FUCKING AWESOME.

Previously, even at 50% haste, SS, ES, and LH GCDs were hard-coded to 1.5 sec (not 1.0), giving a very wonky rotation interruption and a large penalty when trying to refresh SS ideally (like during HC DA when tanking 3+ golems).
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    I am so glad that the people on the Paladin forums are not the same peoples as in Raids and Dungeons. I am an inch away from intentionally grabbing infraction there now, since it would honestly be worth it.

So our Prot paladin is using a 502 Intellect shield over a Malovent PVP shield with Strength. Should he go with the lower Ilvl shield or the Int shield? Reasoning behind asking is he defended his actions saying the Intellect shield gave more stam and armor.

A 2/2 Malevolent Gladiator's Shield Wall has 1040 Stamina and 17,810 armor. A 502 Tortos shield has 1081 stamina and 18,040 armor. So yeah, he's right because it has a higher ilvl. The int shield also gives him haste over a mediocre amount of mastery+crit from the pvp shield.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooting View Post
    So our Prot paladin is using a 502 Intellect shield over a Malovent PVP shield with Strength. Should he go with the lower Ilvl shield or the Int shield? Reasoning behind asking is he defended his actions saying the Intellect shield gave more stam and armor.
    Int shield. More stam, more armor, more haste, no brainer

Item - Paladin T16 Protection 2P Bonus While Guardian of Ancient Kings is active, 200% While Divine Protection is active, 75% of the damage taken is converted into a heal over time that activates when Guardian of Ancient Kings fades. Divine Protection fades.

This makes it considerably better than before. Would probably still take the 4p T15 bonus over this though.