Deleted
    Most fights where actually rather well designed for 2 tanks.
    The only exceptions where:
    Durumu, and IQ. (Both where solo-tanked mostly.)
    Twins: If the beasts wouldn't have been a joke, then it would have been fine. H is actually ok, if one of the tanks is on kiting duty in P1.
    Lei-Shen. <- Worst in this regard.

Jin'rokh was fast paced enough, so you didn't get bored waiting for your debuffs to fall.
    Horridon, Council, Tortos, Megaera, Ji-kun (H only), Dark Animus: Both tanks had their duty, so it was ok.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    I just hope they make 2 tanking worthwhile on those fights that require it - because for now they mostly failed in that regard.
    The last real 2 tank fights I can remember were back in t11 !:
    How do you define "real 2 tank fights"? Though I agree, T11 was a great tanking tier.

For this tier I only thought that primordius H was a well designed 2 tank fight this tier

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    How do you define "real 2 tank fights"? Though I agree, T11 was a great tanking tier.
    Fights where both tanks are actually engaged most of the time rather than tank half of the time and idle around with no vengeance while the other tank is on the boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    Most fights where actually rather well designed for 2 tanks.
    Twins: If the beasts wouldn't have been a joke, then it would have been fine. H is actually ok, if one of the tanks is on kiting duty in P1.
    Horridon, Council, Tortos, Megaera, Ji-kun (H only), Dark Animus: Both tanks had their duty, so it was ok.
    Let's see:
    Horridon: Always found add tanking a nightmare here due to 0 vengeance.
    Council: Alright that one's okayish.... unless you have a druid tank.
    Tortos: Meh... still idling around most of the time.
    Megaera: And only one of the heads has to be killed so ehhhh not really that engaging.
    Ji-Kun: Yaa... idk the big adds are just too rare.
    Dark animus: Still not really that engaging after the first minute of the fight
    Twins hc is still easily solo tankable - all you need is someone with a taunt. The other tank is just idling around for like 95% of the fight (maybe only 50% if you let them activate the guardians /

Deleted
    More than likely we just over-complicate some of the fights for us, like on
    Ji-kun: only once we start burning the boss and ignoring the nests are both of the tanks on the main-platform. Actually we could zerg it much easier, but we never cared enough.
    Megaera: Whenever I have to kill my head or not, I still do the same. Even if we don't kill the green head, I always use HA on it. Well, mostly because I don't want the red head to die even faster. We are already killing it way too fast, which is a pain with CDs. And it deals the most melee damage.
    DA: We 3 tank it. And I'm on the boss full time, my duty is eating as many rings as I can, so I do more DPS against the boss. (Also our Blood DK RL likes to rank on DA.)

Horridon suck for the add-tank, since like half of them attacks random party members, but in T16 I might actually tank adds more often, if we have to. Thanks to the GC change + legendary cloak + cleave-trinket. So I will try to warm my hearth up to the idea... -.-

1/n V nerfs in 5.4 will make the "tank ALL the adds" a bit less rewarding, though.

I mean, sure you can still spam GCAS to your hearts content, but you'll likely reach an inflection point where further adds on you are contributing very low amounts to your V/survival/dps. That point will come rather quickly, I fear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    1/n V nerfs in 5.4 will make the "tank ALL the adds" a bit less rewarding, though.

I mean, sure you can still spam GCAS to your hearts content, but you'll likely reach an inflection point where further adds on you are contributing very low amounts to your V/survival/dps. That point will come rather quickly, I fear.
    The point was, that if someone has to do it, then I will be better suited than our DK. Even if I don't like the idea, as add-tanking is a messy business.

Deleted
    Fights where both tanks are actually engaged most of the time rather than tank half of the time and idle around with no vengeance while the other tank is on the boss.
    Yeah, definately been a lack of that. T14, like Stone Guard and emperor were okay, rest wa kinda terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    The point was, that if someone has to do it, then I will be better suited than our DK. Even if I don't like the idea, as add-tanking is a messy business.
    For survival, yeah. But that's mostly cause DKs are just faring quite poorly at that.

For DPS though, it may be closer (?) with the no target-cap diseases and stuff. Then again, 1) you'll be turretting out shields and 2) he'll be dead.

Interested to see how BrM AOE fares after the KS nerf, and in conjunction with new RJW changes...

BUT I DIGRESS
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Figured id post this here since it was posted on Maintankadin Forums by Kerriodos
    T16 plate gear Overview for each boss, very usefull I personally used his t15 list to set up my gear set for Throne of Thunder
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...GMnZoY0E#gid=1

Edit: also tabs at the bottom to sort By Boss or by Slot, By Slot id say is much easier to use it with.
    Last edited by Rhag; 2013-08-15 at 06:30 PM.
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Yeah, definately been a lack of that. T14, like Stone Guard and emperor were okay, rest wa kinda terrible.
    Stone Guards were still terrible because they'd only take damage if you have 2 of them !:

Deleted
    Stone Guards were still terrible because they'd only take damage if you have 2 of them !:
    Yeah, I agree. Thats why I only said "okay", they were not really great, but you still had to pay attention with the taunts all the time. We also used our off-tank as a full time painter. Both tanks had something to do pretty much entire fight, with off-tank painting + clearing mines.

On completely unrelated news, ever since me and me friend (hunter) started fooling around 2 manning all hcs in MoP, I have been joke queueing as tank/healer/dps to dungeons (I dont have a holy spec, and my retri spec is kinda bad). I had not put much thought into it, since lets face it, you always get a tank pop. Earlier today I did a daily solo queue HC for the reputation (I am doing opereation shieldwall a bit late, and the rep from hcs/scen/hcscen is a nice boost), and my queue popped a healer. I thought, what the heck. I joined, it was GSS. I instantly as usual just sprinted to the first boss, pulling all of the trash and the boss, the entire group was standing in the entrance, so I just pulled boss and killed it. When boss was on 50%~ the rest noticed that I had engaged boss and they were locked out, the other tank, warrior got a bit mad, "You should heal!", not that I disagreed with him, but I could heal the party as prot. So I continued, soloed the first boss, after which I noticed that the 4 other guys was a guild premade (they were all shitty geared though). They gave me the silent treatment (not that I said anything to them) and just all went AFK. I proceeded to solo the rest of the dungeon while they were moping in the start. It only took 19 minutes and was actually kinda fun, and they got their daily VP without doing anything. Kinda a fun story, even though I agree, I was a semi douchebag, but just wanted my dungeon done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    I thought H Primo was an interesting 2 tank fight. It actually required the tanks to communicate and coordinate properly.
    It's probably the most fun fight for me nowadays. I really feel like playing in a team with my DK co-tank.

P.S. Nairobi, I got tier chest yesterday. 2nd DA heroic kill, coined :P
    Last edited by Lethora; 2013-08-16 at 08:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I gotto pour salt into it... 2 kills, 2 chests (ret+prot) :-)
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Deleted
    @Firefly: Ji-Kun HC is solotankable. Big adds can be handled by ret/cat/warri etc. and the talonrake can be resetted by running away before and let the boss do the rake onto a *guess what* GID! No joke

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DorfSchrat View Post
    @Firefly: Ji-Kun HC is solotankable. Big adds can be handled by ret/cat/warri etc. and the talonrake can be resetted by running away before and let the boss do the rake onto a *guess what* GID! No joke
    Yeah, was using GID all the time on normal progression for that purpose, Ji-Kun is also very solo tankable in Heroic as you mention, but it requires a semi zerg strategy most often. You can easily reset stacks once or twice though by sacrificing hunters pets or using salyin battle banner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    For survival, yeah. But that's mostly cause DKs are just faring quite poorly at that.

For DPS though, it may be closer (?) with the no target-cap diseases and stuff. Then again, 1) you'll be turretting out shields and 2) he'll be dead.

Interested to see how BrM AOE fares after the KS nerf, and in conjunction with new RJW changes...

BUT I DIGRESS
    I'm still losing aggro on PTR against our monk. So don't get you're hopes up buddy.

In an AoE situation or in single target?

10+ Year Old Account
    AoE situation. It's not a case of "snap loss" anymore. But more like 2 keg smashes now. Doesn't really matter - trashtime translates to afktime in 10 man for either the monk or the pally. Sadly that doesn't change with 5.4.

Single target is fine on live already (I only have problems when he starts and I taunt with 0 vengeance - if he keg smashes in those 3 seconds of taunt I have no chance of holding the boss).

Oh and to top this off NB (i'm just gonna shortcut you NB from now on Nairobi if thats alright): They now have a spinning crane kick THAT DOESNT LOCK THEM OUT OF ANYTHING (fucking RJW)

Meaning: KEGMASH RUSHINGJADEWIND KEGSMASHWHILERUSHINGJADEWINDISACTIVE ROFLPOWOMG
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2013-08-16 at 08:20 PM.

I think RJW is actually a dps loss above 4 targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly have no clue. I was driven mad on PTR though as our monk was checking out the changes and was running with RJW. Its just no fun, I can tell you that :-)

Whats that avatar btw.? Seems familiar but I just cant place it