Quote Originally Posted by gerus View Post
    They were doing PTR rounds with normal mode at 520 ilvl. I think that's probably about the target for normal clears.
    Maybe not clears (unless we're talking people with experience) but probably for a good part of it. I think the end is probably tuned more around 530

If I recall, they said that entry wing was 520, scaling up 10ilvl each wing thereafter.

Puts Garrosh at ~550 balanced, which seems about right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

The item level scaling of the raid gear for the Garrosh testing last night was set to 550.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Seems like a new thing then. Don't recall a tier in which the final boss was tuned for BiS heroic gear from last tier.

He's tuned just under the ilvl of the items that drop. So guilds that aren't doing heroics can gain a large increase of ilvl with some boss kills. Going from 522/528 to 553/559.

It's looking like I may need to grab the 4P in SoO, prioritizing my coins for it...you guys agree?

I f'ing hate tier, though. One, it cannot be thunderforged, which does nerf some of the advantage we 25s have. Two, it's better served going to DPS, so by the time I collect my tier it'll be near doomsday as we have literally almost half the raid on my token. Three...got no third.

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    It's looking like I may need to grab the 4P in SoO, prioritizing my coins for it...you guys agree?

I f'ing hate tier, though. One, it cannot be thunderforged, which does nerf some of the advantage we 25s have. Two, it's better served going to DPS, so by the time I collect my tier it'll be near doomsday as we have literally almost half the raid on my token. Three...got no third.
    that's really up to you. It's not necessary to run with the 4p at all. It's fine and the stats aren't too bad since they finally put haste on tier gear. But it's not some omg-must-have bonus like the ret 2p was in DS.

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post

Trinkets first (Vial and Thok for me), then tier.

Until I get 4pc, going to stick with 4t15 and let folks grab their tokens. We run 4-5 conq users too, so it'll be a while (probably) before I get a piece, let alone 4 of them, but whatever. That's also what Flex is for if you REALLY want it.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

So, I'm honestly curious if people have even looked into how much haste you'll actually have next tier... and if anyone has come up with an item build for it.

Even in t16N gear, but especially so in HC, we'd be far over the 21250 mark. Given Thok's, when we only need 19.6ish, that frees up even more.

Are you asking in terms of shooting for a higher haste cap? Or reforging into something like crit/mast? Or just for a ballpark figure?
    20k and counting...

does haste actually do anything (useful) beyond the cap? As I understand it, the cap is where we reach a GCD of 1 second.
    so then haste loses some of its value, question is, how much? I know, it is no hard cap, because at the end of the day it still increases our attackspeed and thus increases SoI procs and so on. but would it be worth to switch to mastery or even crit after reaching that cap? Or just go mindless for max haste?

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    does haste actually do anything (useful) beyond the cap? As I understand it, the cap is where we reach a GCD of 1 second.
    so then haste loses some of its value, question is, how much? I know, it is no hard cap, because at the end of the day it still increases our attackspeed and thus increases SoI procs and so on. but would it be worth to switch to mastery or even crit after reaching that cap? Or just go mindless for max haste?
    Haste's main point is not GCD reduction as much as it is ability CD reduction. GCD reduction is a great side effect, but haste continues to reduce spell CD even beyond 50%/21250.

So, your CS/J still come off CD faster, you just can't press anything more frequently than once per second. Fillers also come off CD quicker, allowing for less (or better) clash prevention. And, of course, you have linear scaling on white attacks and therefore SOI procs. SS/EF also scales with haste beyond 50%, meaning faster/more ticks.

So, yes, haste loses SOME value past 50% in the sense that it's intrinsic value for GCD reduction has been reached, but it does continue to reduce the CDs of abilities and yield additional SS/EF/SOI ticks.

After 21250, you can opt to swap in additional stats of Crit, Mastery, or Avoidance. What you choose will largely be determined by your content, progression, and personal choice:
    Crit - More throughput, but no notable increase on survival (outside of EF scaling).
    Mastery - More survival via ShotR boosting (and EF scaling), but no throughput increase.
    Avoidance - More survival via TDR, albeit unreliable. Minor boost to throughput via GC changes.

Can't tell you how to play, as those stat values will be different for you than for me, or for anyone else, depending on content, raid comp, skill, and preference.
    20k and counting...

Yes, once you reach 50% the best option is to go for a different secondary stat. The issue I'm seeing is we're not able to reach the 50% cap, unless it's in all 2/2+heroic warforged gear with 4pT16 with haste elixir and thok's trinket... which puts us at 21,317. So unless someone can find a set that has 7.5%/15% and 18,746 haste before we reach 580 ilvl, I'd like to see it.

You're saying since we dont have HTF Spark and HTF Feather to fall back on for the pure haste, I assume? I guess that IS ~2400 haste rating...
    20k and counting...

Pretty much, yeah. I guess you could fall back on them, but then you miss out on Thok's and the other trinkets.

Well to be honest, you could keep Thok's and Spark, and forego the Stam/CDR trinket if you want a max haste build. That nets you ~1700+ haste at the cost of some stam (YMMV, but not super important in 10) and the CDR on your defensives/AW.

Offhand, I'd personally say that the CDR tinket will be better on progression, and looking at Spark for farm (with Cap meta) to push up haste levels and throughput.

That said, the amound of difference you're looking at is what, 3%? Not a SMALL number, for sure, but that's around 1-1.5 ShotRs in a given fight.
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Yes, once you reach 50% the best option is to go for a different secondary stat. The issue I'm seeing is we're not able to reach the 50% cap, unless it's in all 2/2+heroic warforged gear with 4pT16 with haste elixir and thok's trinket... which puts us at 21,317. So unless someone can find a set that has 7.5%/15% and 18,746 haste before we reach 580 ilvl, I'd like to see it.
    My current char with 4p + ret leggs + thoks(and spark) is 50% capped I think.

Havent really checked the T16 gear. Is it that low haste on it? Do we get more sockets?
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    My current char with 4p + ret leggs + thoks(and spark) is 50% capped I think.
    Which Thok's and Spark?