Was checking slootbag's armory for the progression race and happened to notice he had logged out in the int caster cloak. Does it deal significantly more damage with vengeance perhaps, or is it a random troll? I've seen armory trolls from lots of top raiders but haven't seen him do so before. Just wondering if anyone had ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    The armory page is all in German(?) and I'm not sure if I can (or how to) swap it to English, haha. From what I can tell, he seems to have a good understanding on how to gear and gem. His talents seem to be in order and his glyph choices aren't bad (I would probably swap out Avenging Wrath for something else).

Taking a look at the WoL, his ShoR and EF uptime seemed a bit low, which might be why he's taking more damage. I suspect he's not pressing his buttons fast enough because his Holy Power generation is lower than where it should be. To give an example, on Sha of Pride, he generated the same amount of Holy Power as me, but our kill took 1 minute less. A part of that is definitely linked to the fact that I have more haste than he does, but it's something he can strive to improve. Hitting more spells would also bump up his DPS, although it seems quite low for someone at his IL.
    thank you so far! I can't imagine he use his ShoR to less. As I tanked with my Paladin it was 90% on cooldown used So it seems to be more a playstyle than gear related. Any ideas how we can train him? Should he maybe try to get gold on proving grounds ? (it is difficult for paladin tanks ? needed with my dk about 7-8 tries for gold)

greetings

Quote Originally Posted by sudos View Post
    Any ideas how we can train him? Should he maybe try to get gold on proving grounds ?
    Hitting buttons faster is probably mostly just a matter of practicing the rotation on a dummy - perhaps analysing recount. It's just like trying to maximise your dps as a dpser. Using keybinds rather than clicking would help, if that's an issue.

Pressing buttons faster would help in the proving grounds, but that's not really what the tank proving grounds trains or tests (imo, the proving grounds is more about how to handle adds and their special abilities). Gold seemed straightforward as a tankadin, but I could see that endless would be challenging (see Firefly's thread).

So quick question now that we've seen how EF works in practice: Without the T16 4pc should we try to keep 100% uptime on EF? If so, does it take precedence over SotR (barring requiring SotR for mitigation on mechanics)? Thus far I've only been using EF if I have 4+ stacks of Bastion and a Divine Purpose proc (barring normal "oh shit save meh!" usage) but this seems to make me squishier than before. Should I just use EF when I don't have it on and 4+ stacks of BoG? It seems like sitting on 5 BoG stacks is kind of a waste overall.
    NOBLESHIELD
    <Meliora> of Turalyon-US
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Mod Voice

Blademaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    So quick question now that we've seen how EF works in practice: Without the T16 4pc should we try to keep 100% uptime on EF? If so, does it take precedence over SotR (barring requiring SotR for mitigation on mechanics)? Thus far I've only been using EF if I have 4+ stacks of Bastion and a Divine Purpose proc (barring normal "oh shit save meh!" usage) but this seems to make me squishier than before. Should I just use EF when I don't have it on and 4+ stacks of BoG? It seems like sitting on 5 BoG stacks is kind of a waste overall.
    I've just been using it when I'm at 5 BoG, it isn't up, and I've got 3 HP. I try and time it following a boss swing too. I try and avoid overwriting as much as possible.

I ran EF this week as the previous week it seemed my UI was bleeding and broken and pushing a slightly different healing pattern onto the healers wasn't a welcome addition. Anecdotally it appears to be crazy strong. The only exception to this was when I went into CM's. The main time you are in danger in CM's is usually when you have 0 stacks of BoG. I probably will keep SS for CM's.
    Last edited by gerus; 2013-09-18 at 01:34 PM. Reason: remove phantom quote

Whenever I get 5 BoG stacks I sit on them until the heal will benefit me, i.e., even if I do not have EF up, I wait for my hp to drop to 50%~ before using EF. It is way more effective that way.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Whenever I get 5 BoG stacks I sit on them until the heal will benefit me, i.e., even if I do not have EF up, I wait for my hp to drop to 50%~ before using EF. It is way more effective that way.
    Pretty much the way I use it too.
    Felt "guilty" at first compared to our 95++ uptime on sacred shield, but hell, numbers should not prevent smart play and I seem to find people who agree with that in this thread

Yup, padding stats isn't right as a DPS and it's not right as a tank. We're not in the era of SS where having under a "low" figure is inexcusable; as we all know SS held no opportunity cost outside of a GCD and required minimal maintenance and preparation. EF's a different animal, and it will will also affect (at least for now) SotR uptime.

I'll say it's a lot easier on me to pass the pull to my co-tank. That affords me plenty of time to generate HP and BoG stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Makes sense. Thanks as always FF.
    NOBLESHIELD
    <Meliora> of Turalyon-US
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Mod Voice

Hey guys - the guide needs some updating. I shall get to this and fix it as soon as I possibly can. I moved into my student house on the 7th and the idiot girl who said "Hey guys don't worry, I'll sort our internet package" decided to delay it til kingdom fucking come and we aren't getting it installed until Tuesday 24th Sept and even then it'll probably be absolute wank for the first few days. To make it worse, I have an exam on the 4th October which I'm going to be super late to the party revising for...

Apparently, with the 12 month contract, it made so much more sense to wait until the end of September even though we get kicked out of this house in June right? Not like it was worth paying for it (which we're going to lose 3 months of ANYWAY) when people aren't going to be here. So she decided that it's best we don't have the internet before our studies begin rather than after they finish. Logic, fuck me right?

Will get around to it as soon as possible.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up you spack cunt.

You kinda deserve it for letting a girl sort out your internet.....

that being said. wtb 4p so I can keep EF up 100% with 5 stack bog.

@Space: I asked in fix my tanking thread about it. How would that 4pc work when healing others on 3+ BoG? Tier wouldnt trigger? Consumes your BoG even if it wasnt a self heal?

Quote Originally Posted by Kethmil View Post
    @Space: I asked in fix my tanking thread about it. How would that 4pc work when healing others on 3+ BoG? Tier wouldnt trigger? Consumes your BoG even if it wasnt a self heal?
    Don't know actually. I've stopped using WoG for that outside of really really oh-shit moments and usually I have a LoH for that. Last time I really used WoG to heal others was last expansion before sotr was AM.

And sadly I have no tier pieces so probably wouldn't be able to find out for a while.

Finally found somthing about the 4pc topic. A guy commented on ptr forums about it. Thread got deleted, but you can read the post in the page cached by google:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=es

He says that in previous builds of ptr you actually could have those "infinite" WoG and EF, wich people abused through harsh words and healing raid, and asks to be specified on tier description that it just applies to self heals.

Also, seems that when you SotR your target and that makes you have 3 or more BoG stacks, you get a buf: Bastion of Power. When you WoG or EF you consume that buff.

Before that buff was always consumed, no matter who you healed or damaged via harsh words. So you could just SotR -> WoG -> Sotr -> WoG ... etc.

Now the buff is only consumed when cast on self.

Quote Originally Posted by Kethmil View Post
    Finally found somthing about the 4pc topic. A guy commented on ptr forums about it. Thread got deleted, but you can read the post in the page cached by google:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=es

He says that in previous builds of ptr you actually could have those "infinite" WoG and EF, wich people abused through harsh words and healing raid, and asks to be specified on tier description that it just applies to self heals.

Also, seems that when you SotR your target and that makes you have 3 or more BoG stacks, you get a buf: Bastion of Power. When you WoG or EF you consume that buff.

Before that buff was always consumed, no matter who you healed or damaged via harsh words. So you could just SotR -> WoG -> Sotr -> WoG ... etc.

Now the buff is only consumed when cast on self.
    Ah ok, since it gives you a buff that makes sense now. I was trying to think of how they would code it to only work when you cast it on yourself and not on another person, didn't even think of a buff....Major brain fail moment.

Anybody else got the impression that EF on Immerseus HC is utterly useless?

Gonna run with SS for that one next ID. My EF healing was about as high as my Seal of Insight healing which as you all know, is not really effective. Sacred Shield should probably pull the same numbers here.

Ramp up time between each phase for 5 BoG stacks just takes too long and you usually have adds already on you at that point. And with all thats going on, trying to gather adds and stuff, I hardly ever had time to properly manage my BoG stacks, let alone micromanage EF. I much rather have SS here to "fire and forget".

Had about 70% EF Uptime with 67% Overheal.

I've checked a couple of paladin logs and they all seem to have the same problem.
    RL, GM and Pally Tank for 10-man Guild Plage, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Prot Paladin / Blood DK

Livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/plageriemu

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post

Gonna run with SS for that one next ID. My EF healing was about as high as my Seal of Insight healing which as you all know, is not really effective. Sacred Shield should probably pull the same numbers here.

Ramp up time between each phase for 5 BoG stacks just takes too long and you usually have adds already on you at that point. And with all thats going on, trying to gather adds and stuff, I hardly ever had time to properly manage my BoG stacks, let alone micromanage EF. I much rather have SS here to "fire and forget".

Had about 70% EF Uptime with 67% Overheal.

I've checked a couple of paladin logs and they all seem to have the same problem.
    Aye; I felt that problem coming up in that fight even on normal Immerseus last week. It seems that the fight just does not have enough ramp up time to make use of a big BoG'd EF. Once you have it up youre already at the Split phase .... and you lose any BoG stacks you had, or go into the second First Phase with only 1-2 BoG stacks.

Especially uncluding the Corrosive Blast; you could argue for SS on this fight.

Although, if you've killed Garrosh normal Immerseus hc is basically a loot pinata.

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    Yes Was my exact thought this week. SS for future weeks.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

EF is great for the first 1-2 phases if you want to tank the small adds due to the insane amount of threat it generates. (may want to have a cd ready though since they hit pretty hard in large numbers)

For healing the adds Selfless Healer might even be an idea :O
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

Blademaster
    Hi,

I'm just looking for a bit of advice regarding prot pala tanking - I've mainly been a dps for most of the raids (mage/warrior/DK/rdruid) that I've participated in have been as dps. I did swap to a DK tank to tank ICC25 normal and HC to help my guild out when the MT left so I have tanked some raids before.

Should I get a set of 496 timeless gear and hit ToT LFR and hope to pick up a few pieces of gear in there before jumping in to SoO - or will I be able to jump in to SoO LFR without too many issues?

I have tanked on my prot and I know the rotation - I just don't want to go in to SoO and wipe the whole raid.