10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    We killed weapons in p2 and still pushed before the 3rd sha phase.
    Yeah, but we had problems with dps in first phase for quite a number of pulls, adds weren't dieing in time. I think it's just about some of my guildies playing like shit recently. So we had to resort to this kind of strategy to push p3 faster.

On a side note - Using Ardent Defender against Garrosh's cleave gives a really nice vengeance boost. (from 100k to 200k :O)

I am possibly very late to the above posts but.... I recently dusted my pally after stopped playing for a year or more and levelled to 90. The first thing I did was brush up on the changes in MoP and read the sticky mentioning using of Seal of Insight.

Is it still the go to Seal? My understanding was at launch if MoP with healers gearing up and mana issues it would be needed but with everyone now geared with freebies (Timeless Isles) should it still be the Seal to be used. I just tank 5-mans and not even LFR.

Yes it is the only viable seal for Prot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by palthis View Post
    I am possibly very late to the above posts but.... I recently dusted my pally after stopped playing for a year or more and levelled to 90. The first thing I did was brush up on the changes in MoP and read the sticky mentioning using of Seal of Insight.

Is it still the go to Seal? My understanding was at launch if MoP with healers gearing up and mana issues it would be needed but with everyone now geared with freebies (Timeless Isles) should it still be the Seal to be used. I just tank 5-mans and not even LFR.
    You don't even need a freakn seal if you are only doing 5-mans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Footnote: Do not judge the UI, was not playing on my own PC so not my UI
    get a 4gb USB flash drive and put your wow folder on there. Have all of your stuff on any computer you move to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Yeah, but we had problems with dps in first phase for quite a number of pulls, adds weren't dieing in time. I think it's just about some of my guildies playing like shit recently. So we had to resort to this kind of strategy to push p3 faster.
    I know some people had that issue, I remember watching some guild stream their Garrosh kill and they just moved around the room in p2 to get more boss damage out. If it works...

get a 4gb USB flash drive and put your wow folder on there. Have all of your stuff on any computer you move to.
    I'm not at home to check, but I'm pretty sure the (entire) WoW folder is upwards of 20 GB (so you'd need a 32 GB thumb drive)...of course, you probably *meant* just the wtf and interface folders, but that's not what you said

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    Yes it is the only viable seal for Prot.
    I found myself needing to swap to seal of truth during empowered whirling corruption on garrosh. SoI healing would pull all of the sha adds to me as soon as they spawned; it was verry inconvenient.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    I found myself needing to swap to seal of truth during empowered whirling corruption on garrosh. SoI healing would pull all of the sha adds to me as soon as they spawned; it was verry inconvenient.
    Maybe the part about turning righteous fury off was in another thread, but it's clearly a less endangering alternative than dropping self healing via seal twisting.

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    Maybe the part about turning righteous fury off was in another thread, but it's clearly a less endangering alternative than dropping self healing via seal twisting.
    Honestly, the only time I can think of where seal twisting is better than turning off RF is when you still need to pick up targets yourself. It was something I had to do during Empress, but that's the only fight I've had to do it this expansion.

yeah i can see that working too, although, with the constant tank swaps, threat between my co tank and me is usually pretty tight. has anyone here used RF dropping during garrosh, or do you guys not have trouble with sha add threat at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, are you implying that your entire WoW folder is only 4GB? How the shit? Mine is at least 20, and thats without any addons whatsoever.

Unless you were just talking about moving you addons folder with all you setting saved and shit? But I could see that messing up another persons WoW folder somewhat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    You don't even need a freakn seal if you are only doing 5-mans.
    Can't judge w/o it tho.

yeah i can see that working too, although, with the constant tank swaps, threat between my co tank and me is usually pretty tight. has anyone here used RF dropping during garrosh, or do you guys not have trouble with sha add threat at all?
    I always used RF dropping during adds otherwise high veng + EF + HolyPrism = GG

Wait, are you implying that your entire WoW folder is only 4GB? How the shit? Mine is at least 20, and thats without any addons whatsoever.

Unless you were just talking about moving you addons folder with all you setting saved and shit? But I could see that messing up another persons WoW folder somewhat.
    Personally, my entire interface folder is a whooping 250 mb, combined with WTF folder (which is another 200mb) it's a whole half a gig.
    Provided that you 100% want to keep other's person UI same as before, before starting client rename his folders _1 and paste in yours, once done switch the names.
    (Purty sure you can even merge wtf folders since they're /server/character so shouldn't be a problem)

I drop RF during empowered whirlwinds rather than change seals. Healing aggro can be a lot, especially with EF.

Also unlike seals, casting RF doesn't cause a GCD, although it can't be cast during a GCD like other spells off it.

Yeah, pretty much that. You can change the folders already there to something like "Backup_Interface" "Backup_WTF", shit like that. I actually have a small 500gb external hdd that I carry with me just in case instead of a USB drive.

A buddy of mine just made a few usb keys with diff games (wow, lol+sc2, d3) and would just grab usb with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    With regards to the sha adds on Garrosh - the DPS in my group are usually pretty good at picking up one each, I usually end up with 2 or 3 on me, if there are 3 then someone taunts one out but I kill both of the other 2 on me, with the level of Vengeance on that fight even getting a buffed add isn't a massive problem. We've even had a couple of times where I've killed 3 adds on me without too much of an issue.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

3-4 are still doable after that it gets nasty.

On a side note I did a double kill on those adds with AS on our last kill.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am in a dilemma. I currently still use Tortos' Shield (530). Now I rolled on Sha of pride, aiming for the chest, and I got the nasty dodge/parry shield, but It would be 561, compared to 530.

what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    I am in a dilemma. I currently still use Tortos' Shield (530). Now I rolled on Sha of pride, aiming for the chest, and I got the nasty dodge/parry shield, but It would be 561, compared to 530.

what to do?
    You lose about 200 haste (less if you upgrade the new shield), but gain nearly 2k armor and nearly 500 stam. I'd say for that reason alone, the switch is worth it, unless you expect a better upgrade in the immediate future...and even if you do, take the new one and don't upgrade it until the end of the raid week