Considering that I haven't even seen a flex shield yet I won't bother gambling (and 2k VP really makes it a moot point anyway)
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

Hey i was just wondering, how are you guys handling Garosh. Been having some issues with him. We try to ignore the axes in phase 2 and just have our boomer spriest and ele throw a dot or two on them and if they die so be it. But i look at logs and seems that alot of guilds are killing him in under 10 mins?

How are you guys handling the last phase. Blow hero, and kill first wave of adds. Or just push boss with adds beating on people? Rolling cds to stay alive.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbears View Post
    How are you guys handling the last phase. Blow hero, and kill first wave of adds. Or just push boss with adds beating on people? Rolling cds to stay alive.
    We used BM monk to get them all and kite (Tortos all over again), basically removing them from the encounter. I was able to solo tank the boss in last phase, rolling CDs for when stacks get high and explode.
    Lethora, 100 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 100 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbears View Post
    Hey i was just wondering, how are you guys handling Garosh. Been having some issues with him. We try to ignore the axes in phase 2 and just have our boomer spriest and ele throw a dot or two on them and if they die so be it. But i look at logs and seems that alot of guilds are killing him in under 10 mins?

We hero at start. We kill axes in p2 and move between two designated spots (ranged group). When Empowered Whirling starts we just have everyone pick an add and kill it off away from every other add.

In p3 we just keep doing p2 as usual with the only difference being we don't kill axes (obviously) and we just reposition the ranged group around the axes and once Hero/BL's debuff is off we pop it (we may hold it a bit if an empowered whirling is about go off and boss is still on high HP) and then just ignore everything besides mind controls and nuke the boss.

edit: 340971 typos
    Last edited by Grimord; 2013-10-03 at 01:47 PM.

For anyone that can help, would http://www.wowhead.com/item=105265 (Warforged Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal) be worth replacing either the STR shado-pan trinket or a thunderforged Talisman of Rage?

I don't like the Talisman so I'd definitely swap that out but the juggernaut doesn't seem like the best replacement ever since dodge isn't exactly the best stat for us and the healing use just seems.. iffy... Though it me useful in certain instances, I guess (dunno what the cooldown and duration are).

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    I don't like the Talisman so I'd definitely swap that out but the juggernaut doesn't seem like the best replacement ever since dodge isn't exactly the best stat for us and the healing use just seems.. iffy... Though it me useful in certain instances, I guess (dunno what the cooldown and duration are).
    There's no healing use. It has a passive effect of converting about 3% of your damage to healing. Basically, if you do 150k dps, it will yield 4.5k hps.
    Lethora, 100 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 100 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    There's no healing use. It has a passive effect of converting about 3% of your damage to healing. Basically, if you do 150k dps, it will yield 4.5k hps.
    Oh, thought it was a use effect, dat reading skill!

So it's a poor man's extra Eternal Flame, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Oh, thought it was a use effect, dat reading skill!

So it's a poor man's extra Eternal Flame, I guess.
    Very poor man.
    Seems very poor tbh.

More like a poor man's 2pc.

Btw. what do you people think about using the dps enchants for shoulders/legs?
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

Its like Tauren vs Blood elf is the difference really that big? Nope. Pick what you want. If you are 10 man the stam ones are 100% worthless as is the tank cloak proc as a paladin.

The dps cloak is WAY too strong to not have in terms of dps checks for a 10 man. Upwards for 20% of my dmg on cleave fights and 7-10% on others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Its like Tauren vs Blood elf is the difference really that big? Nope. Pick what you want. If you are 10 man the stam ones are 100% worthless as is the tank cloak proc as a paladin.

The dps cloak is WAY too strong to not have in terms of dps checks for a 10 man. Upwards for 20% of my dmg on cleave fights and 7-10% on others.
    As someone getting his cloak this reset (hopefully...) that's very good to know. Since I still feel like my health is a bit low overall I still use stam enchants on legs/shoulders as well as the tank LMG, but everything else follows the normal rules. It seems I'll have a really interesting choice regarding the cloak itself.
    NOBLESHIELD
    <Meliora> of Turalyon-US
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Mod Voice

I would somewhat respectfully disagree. While I stand behind dps cloaks on some of the fights, i can come up with a few fights where using tank one would allow me to have higher dps, just from cheezing mechanics (and being more sure that i won't die from those mechanics)

Blademaster

I'm pretty sure those numbers are hugely exaggerated - it's more like 8-10% on aoe/cleave fights and 4-5% on others.

All depends on strat and your dps. Fights like Sha of Pride I solo all the adds everyone focuses on boss i use them for procs on boss for more holy power seeing as I solo heal myself on most fights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    I would somewhat respectfully disagree. While I stand behind dps cloaks on some of the fights, i can come up with a few fights where using tank one would allow me to have higher dps, just from cheezing mechanics (and being more sure that i won't die from those mechanics)
    The hit the cloak absorbs doesn't give veng so you would need something to get enough veng to equal the amount of dmg the cloak brings even on single target.
    Not sure what mechanics are even gonna kill you that you could have prevented yourself. My alt prot pally is 8/14h(10 man obviously if i was a 25 tank id probably use tank cloak unless it was a aoe cleave fight) the cloak has 0 use on those bosses if you die you failed at using cds or mitigation at the right time. Maybe the later bosses it might but T15 4 set + DP is redic uptime on shield on heroics because of the dmg intake.

The hit the cloak absorbs doesn't give veng so you would need something to get enough veng to equal the amount of dmg the cloak brings even on single target.
    Not sure what mechanics are even gonna kill you that you could have prevented yourself. My alt prot pally is 8/14h(10 man obviously if i was a 25 tank id probably use tank cloak unless it was a aoe cleave fight) the cloak has 0 use on those bosses if you die you failed at using cds or mitigation at the right time. Maybe the later bosses it might but T15 4 set + DP is redic uptime on shield on heroics because of the dmg intake.
    Thok and Siegecrafter HC are high contenders for the tank cloak, Malkorok HC aswell. It can be a nice failsafe on Nazgrim, really not needed but can cover fails. On Dark Shams it can be nice to have. Allows for easy solo tanking on immerseus aswell.

Other than that, I agree, dps cloak is too good not to have in bags. Imo you need to have both cloaks. Using 1 cloak for all fights is just stupid.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

the only thing is .. I currently use the tank cloak, so I have reforged for having the tank cloak.
    now if I'm using the DPS one, I lack that 1k expertise, making me drop from 14.95 or so to 11,something% expertise.

kinda sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    the only thing is .. I currently use the tank cloak, so I have reforged for having the tank cloak.
    now if I'm using the DPS one, I lack that 1k expertise, making me drop from 14.95 or so to 11,something% expertise.

kinda sucks.
    What I do is reforge into exp on the dps cloak, out of it on the tank cloak, and reforge around either value on everything else. There'll be a small discrepancy (~200) between the two, but not a huge deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post

kinda sucks.
    I throw on an expertise elixir, pretty much solves it for me. I can't stand being parried, no matter how few times it happens it just annoys the fuck out of me, so it's more for my sanity than anything else. So on Galk and fights where I get cleave potential outta the cloak I toss on exp elixir and I'm good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Thok and Siegecrafter HC are high contenders for the tank cloak, Malkorok HC aswell. It can be a nice failsafe on Nazgrim, really not needed but can cover fails. On Dark Shams it can be nice to have. Allows for easy solo tanking on immerseus aswell.

Other than that, I agree, dps cloak is too good not to have in bags. Imo you need to have both cloaks. Using 1 cloak for all fights is just stupid.
    True I can see it on Thok and for sure Siege for stacking the buff to kill adds faster. Malkorok I actually might use it since I am gonna solo blood rage most likely.