Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    You just wait till you get to the latter part of heroic siege ))))
    Also, tbh the reason i don't care much for tank BoA's is that i'm comparing N garrosh boa vs heroic shield/weapons.
    Obviously the heroic BoA is BIS, but untill i start killing him on heroic, they're inferior to a loot that's already "available"

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Also, tbh the reason i don't care much for tank BoA's is that i'm comparing N garrosh boa vs heroic shield/weapons.
    Obviously the heroic BoA is BIS, but untill i start killing him on heroic, they're inferior to a loot that's already "available"
    Don't know - maybe if you're really undergeared otherwise I'd value the 2nd socket higher than the extra armor/sta/str on a hc shield.

Don't know - maybe if you're really undergeared otherwise I'd value the 2nd socket higher than the extra armor/sta/str on a hc shield.
    I would value the hc shield over the normal any day considering the physical damage nature of a lot of siege. The socket does not outweigh the armor imo.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I would value the hc shield over the normal any day considering the physical damage nature of a lot of siege. The socket does not outweigh the armor imo.
    Depends on the kind of gear you have when you do the fights I guess. And what kind of haste levels you can stay at/reach with each shield. Right now I'd stick to the heroic shield. But if the 350 extra haste I could get from the shield would let me stay haste capped versus not being haste capped I might value it differently.

And if I were 570 by the time I got to the latter bosses I'd probably also pick the extra socket. (assuming the haste is still valuable when going for the cap).

I have heroic holy shield from spoils (spirit/mastery) in bags, and normal nazgrim on me. None is WF. Is HC holy better ? I'd wage it can be thx to ilvl (I kept my HTF tortos shield from week 5 ToT to nazgrim shield) what's buging me is that it doesn't have haste, but..

Depends on the kind of gear you have when you do the fights I guess. And what kind of haste levels you can stay at/reach with each shield. Right now I'd stick to the heroic shield. But if the 350 extra haste I could get from the shield would let me stay haste capped versus not being haste capped I might value it differently.

And if I were 570 by the time I got to the latter bosses I'd probably also pick the extra socket. (assuming the haste is still valuable when going for the cap).
    To be honest, I would maybe take the garrosh shield over the Sha HC shield, but compared to the nazgrim or spoils shield, you are just losing to much mastery and armor, both of which are extremely valuable in the later heroic modes.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

I would go with the heroic shield over the BoA normal as well.

Also, don't let me go back into the general discussion forum Firefly.../facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    I would go with the heroic shield over the BoA normal as well.

Also, don't let me go back into the general discussion forum Firefly.../facepalm
    I am trying my best to stay out of there haha. Finding it really hard to keep a civil discussion there as some peoples reading comprehension is non existant.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...24:76699:76699

It doesn't win in any of the criterias AND it can't be warforged.

Yeah, I'm setting my loot spec to retribution at Garrosh, because I'll at least use the 2h axe while levelling.

A weapon is a stat stick for prot anyway, and I have the HC-TF axe from Jin'rohk (605 hit, 408 expertise with two 320 haste gems in it) which has about the same amount of stat points on a SoO weapon due to the additional socket.
    Last edited by Butler Log; 2013-10-23 at 03:35 AM.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Yeah, I'm setting my loot spec to retribution at Garrosh, because I'll at least use the 2h axe while levelling.
    Your new avatar is confusing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Your new avatar is confusing me.
    My old one stopped working for some reason, and I couldn't find the file on my PC to upload it again so I chose something else.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...99.0.0.0.131.2

Sorry but there's just no way the BoA shield is better.
    747 armor >> tiny weeny bit of haste and the other stats are more than enough to compensate for the loss in mastery.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

300 haste in itself isn't a lot. but 300 haste more than another item at 560+ is quite a lot actually. If I had not gotten the leggs I currently use I would've been 300 below gcd cap using my current setup. I'd certainly consider it. Doesn't mean I might change on certain fights but in the end that's what I would go with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...99.0.0.0.131.2

Sorry but there's just no way the BoA shield is better.
    747 armor >> tiny weeny bit of haste and the other stats are more than enough to compensate for the loss in mastery.
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...24:76699:76699
    fixed it for you :P

300 haste in itself isn't a lot. but 300 haste more than another item at 560+ is quite a lot actually. If I had not gotten the leggs I currently use I would've been 300 below gcd cap using my current setup. I'd certainly consider it. Doesn't mean I might change on certain fights but in the end that's what I would go with.
    In previous posts we were discussing heroic pieces, in which case the malkork shield wins haste,stam,armor for a bit of mastery, while nazzy's shield wins stam,armor,expertise,mastery for some haste.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Meh too complicated with that int shield mixed in.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    So now that I have my 2 pc, I'm trying to figure out the best way to use it/DP for each fight. Any thoughts? 10N, if that makes any difference.
    Completely forget that I was planning to reply to this

I found that there is a few ways to use the DP decently depending on the fight.

1. Use it before applying EF (without 4p) to reduce the opportunity cost of EF. I do this on a lot of fights nowadays, especially in the pull
    5x SotR -> Wait for SotR buff to go out -> DP -> Build up enough HoPo for EF, use EF at 5 HoPo or when you lost health -> Continue on.
    That way you get a nice protection during the time you are vurnable aswell as get maximum HoT from the 2p.

2. Use it before you know you are gonna take massive damage. Could be using the 40% magic one before you take physical damage, just to get a high HoT

3. Use it as a filler between your other CDs. Pretty much same reason as 1)

4. Use it as you did before
    Last edited by Firefly33; 2013-10-23 at 02:36 PM.

2. Use it before you know you are gonna take massive damage. Could be using the 40% magic one before you take physical damage, just to get a high HoT
    Can also be done with the T15_4p, to get a lot of Holy Power.

Thanks FF. 4 is out of the question because my DP usage is sparing at best (pretty much only use it when a magic attack is coming, unglyphed). I want to try to use it on CD (while actively tanking), with the exception of making sure I have it up when I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    my DP usage is sparing at best (pretty much only use it when a magic attack is coming, unglyphed)
    Same as mine then