Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Is it just me or tank endless PG is retarded? I mean I can tank heroic content no problem, don't have much issues in challenge modes either, but proving grounds seem just a bit stupid with all the spiky damage. Gave it a go today, wiped several times around wave 8, and then just gave up. Downscaling of the gear is stupid, period. I mean, I can do some amazing stuff when soloing but at 463 I feel like I'm naked. 24% haste, 50k armor, 440k hp - what? I mean I had more when I was doing t14.
    First time I went in there, the day it was released, I didn't realize that my gear scaled down and I thought I was just lagging horribly. I got gold that day and never bothered going back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Yeah, I got to wave 9 gold without any issues and then got blown up. Wouldn't be too bad if you could restart it at gold difficulty, but no you have to go through bronze and silver and I just get bored when stuff is "10 minutes of /sleep and 1 minute of actual fighting". And if something bores me in WoW, I don't do it. Like dailies. I thought they were boring, so I didn't do them. I guess proving grounds just aren't for me, and I'm OK with that. I don't have to enjoy every aspect of the game, so long as there is enough other stuff to keep me having fun.
    Well, I'm an achievement whore, but it seems that I will have to look for some guides to complete this shit. And I'm a person who loathes guides and wants to figure everything out himself. (like I rarely read guides for heroic-raiding tanking, I just look at boss abilities and try to figure out what to do on the fly)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Well, I'm an achievement whore, but it seems that I will have to look for some guides to complete this shit. And I'm a person who loathes guides and wants to figure everything out himself. (like I rarely read guides for heroic-raiding tanking, I just look at boss abilities and try to figure out what to do on the fly)
    Well if you want a guide, I made one back when 5.4 came out.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-30-and-beyond
    Some stuff is outdated as it got fixed, like I believe repentance got fixed. I have not been in there lately.
    But most of it is still relevant.

But as you, I am a player that hates guides. And going in blind in endless it only took me 4 attempts to figure it out, so it is really not difficult. If you want to skip guides then dont read them. PGs are not rocket science.

I have a couple questions for Thok Heroic 10.

1 what are u guys doing cd wise for the first 27 stacks. My idea is Div prot on CD basically. about 9 ardent with stoneform, once that goes off then use Shield wall, once thats down i should be at 20 and i go HA with shotr spam, then get vigilance and sac once it wears off.

my other question is how are your raid groups splitting up cds. My raid comp is Protadin, rogue, war, windwalker, Boomkin, SPriest, Hunter. Healers are Druid shaman paladin.

SW or HA by about the time you get your 4th debuff stack and if that isn't enough cover the last few seconds with GoAK.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do:

(Stacks of Accel)
    3 - Vigilance
    5 - Barkskin
    7 - Vigilance
    9 - Ironbark
    12 - Holy Avenger
    20 - GoAK

I use HA a bit earlier so I can refresh EF significantly more often when the Vengeance is ramping up from 200 - 700k and it means the last few stacks still have SotR going as well. Pretty much anything will work though... once you get enough Vengeance, small CDs to avoid getting one shot at higher Panic levels work fine and EF will heal you to full constantly. I don't think I used AD until the Ice phase last time and GoAK just during the final kite to save the jailor getting enrage dispelled - self healing is mad on that fight as long as you can survive a hit, you'll be healed to full before the next

The other cooldowns your raid are using (RC/Demo Banner/Healing CDs etc) all affect when your CDs are most useful.

If you don't need to blow all your personal mit CDs in the initial burn, save them for oh shit moments later on, or to smooth out the sketchier parts of the fight (poison is always pretty spiky if you are doing that as the next phase 1 and I like to have HA back up for that as well as either AD or GoAK.... and have Barkskin from Symbiosis and Divine Protection as well).
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was reading on the Tank Spot tanking guide that Holy Wrath should be prioritized over Avenger's Shield because it is the highest damaging non-holy power generating ability. Is this true? I always thought AS was the next in rotation

If all you care about is damage or are not under attack then yes.
    Otherwise I'd still press AS in case there might be a lucky GC proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm sticking with AS > HW unless you're trying to rank. That extra holy power you get is probably more useful than the rather small amount of dps you gain, I rarely find myself sitting there with HW off cooldown but still having other buttons to press. If enough people lobby for "put it the other way round" then I'll of course edit the OP though.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-12-24 at 01:03 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJSparrow View Post
    I was reading on the Tank Spot tanking guide that Holy Wrath should be prioritized over Avenger's Shield because it is the highest damaging non-holy power generating ability. Is this true? I always thought AS was the next in rotation
    AS_GC is after J (because of the holy power), GC can proc even if AS is not on cooldown. It depends on the situation (if you can bounce AS off a couple of mobs then it'll do twice or three times as much damage as Holy Wrath) whether or not you prioritize AS over HW or vice-versa.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-12-24 at 01:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    AS_GC is after J (because of the holy power), GC can proc even if AS is not on cooldown. It depends on the situation (if you can bounce AS off a couple of mobs then it'll do twice or three times as much damage as Holy Wrath) whether or not you prioritize AS over HW or vice-versa.
    That was my thought too--- I just thought since AS does a stupid amount of damage it would be first. Didn't realize that Holy Wrath did that much.

That was my thought too--- I just thought since AS does a stupid amount of damage it would be first. Didn't realize that Holy Wrath did that much.
    HW also has a 60% shorter cooldown, so you get 2 (well, 2.5) Holy Wraths for every AS cast, Grand Crusader proccs notwithstanding.

Are you on Whisperwind? Guild name seems familiar.

Unrelated question for thread - 2P worth it? I'm just under 20k haste and thinking about breaking 2P to get myself up to haste cap. Plate loot has been a myth for our raid so getting 4P + haste cap won't be a for while. I noticed the 2P = roughly 10% of my healing done so it's kinda meh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post

Unrelated question for thread - 2P worth it? I'm just under 20k haste and thinking about breaking 2P to get myself up to haste cap. Plate loot has been a myth for our raid so getting 4P + haste cap won't be a for while. I noticed the 2P = roughly 10% of my healing done so it's kinda meh.
    Personally I found the 2p to be great for progress when undergearing it, but for farm it is just meh. I did not get the 2p myself until Siegecrafter HC, or actually I did not get it until our second kill on Siegecrafter, but I can say that it was great on both Siegecrafter and Garrosh. Cant really speak for the earlier bosses as by the time I got the 2p, those bosses were already on such farm state that I did not notice a difference. But it is probably useful for some of those fights aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Personally I found the 2p to be great for progress when undergearing it, but for farm it is just meh. I did not get the 2p myself until Siegecrafter HC, or actually I did not get it until our second kill on Siegecrafter, but I can say that it was great on both Siegecrafter and Garrosh. Cant really speak for the earlier bosses as by the time I got the 2p, those bosses were already on such farm state that I did not notice a difference. But it is probably useful for some of those fights aswell.
    Yeah, that makes sense. We're currently 4/13H (probably close to 6-7/13H) so I guess I'll just swap around gear as necessary. Just curious, which fights (if any) do you swap to Sacred Shield for? I've been using it for H Nazgrim, but haven't felt the need to use it for any other (heroic) fight just yet. I like EF, but I can see the ramp up time to a 5 BoG EF being dangerous for bosses that hit hard right off the bat.

Deleted
    Yeah, that makes sense. We're currently 4/13H (probably close to 6-7/13H) so I guess I'll just swap around gear as necessary. Just curious, which fights (if any) do you swap to Sacred Shield for? I've been using it for H Nazgrim, but haven't felt the need to use it for any other (heroic) fight just yet. I like EF, but I can see the ramp up time to a 5 BoG EF being dangerous for bosses that hit hard right off the bat.
    There was no fight in SoO that in my opinion that both did significant enough damage and had a damage pattern that suited SS for me to change to sacred shield. I know my co-tank used sacred shield for Thok HC, and I completely understad that as he was the one that pulled and did not have luxury of having 5 BoG stacks + 5 HoPo from the start, we were also both in 540 item level at the time so at the point SS made sense for him but I myself have opted for EF the entire raid even without 4p.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-12-28 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    There was no fight in SoO that in my opinion that both did significant enough damage and had a damage pattern that suited SS for me to change to sacred shield. I know my co-tank used sacred shield for Thok HC, and I completely understad that as he was the one that pulled and did not have luxury of having 5 BoG stacks + 5 HoPo from the start, we were also both in 540 item level at the time so at the point SS made sense for him but I myself have opted for EF the entire raid even without 4p.
    I can see it being used on Siegecrafter, paragons and thok simply because depending on the strat you can be taking hilariously high damage spikes (800k+ auto attacks, a couple of mil+ electrostatic charges) etc. However i feel like it's more of a question of how much you hate your healers.

10+ Year Old Account

Nah that's a different guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    I can see it being used on Siegecrafter, paragons and thok simply because depending on the strat you can be taking hilariously high damage spikes (800k+ auto attacks, a couple of mil+ electrostatic charges) etc. However i feel like it's more of a question of how much you hate your healers.
    Hmm. I would not use on siegecrafter as in my opinion that damage is not spiky enough if you rotate CDs properly. The damage is actually suprisingly smooth once you get your cd rotation down. EF also works wonder for running through fire (hey dont we all like to do that?) and staying alive on the shreddar if you are out of range from healers. That is one of the strongest parts of having a paladin tank on siegecrafter, they can solo a shreddar completely out of range from healer, they do not require any attention and this is something made possible through EF.

As for Paragons, I would also say EF is granted. It is just amazing there.

For Thok, I opted for EF simply because I was the second tank. That meant that whenever I taunted the boss I would have 5 stacks of BoG. EF was also great to help raid healing during the kite phases, especially the poison phase. However, if we were using 2 tanks and I would have been the first tank in order to tank, I would have picked SS. With two tanks you will not get up a solid EF before it is time to switch, SS makes much more sense then.
    If you are solo tanking I would still opt for EF.

For fights that I can possibly find uses for SS on earlier fights. The problem is that the tank damage is so low compared to the tank survivability this tier, so it is only really worth using SS if you are really really undergeared. Thok is really the only fight where SS can be used without shame in "respectable" gear levels.

Immerseus HC, Galakras HC for tower boss tank, Possibly Iron Jug not sure, Shamans Haromm tanking and General Nazgrim is fights that I probably would have used SS on if my item level was like 500. The problem is that these bosses hit way to weak in current gear levels that SS becomes obsolete. So there is really no point in using anything else than EF 99% of the times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so I just switched my 2nd Spec to Protection and I have a few questions.

Now I know my gear is absolutely horrible, right now it is a mix of Ret pieces and LFR Gear (Minus Cloak and Warforged Nazgrim Shield) and I was wondering.

Should I just Re-forge for the Hit and Expertise cap and just completely stack 320 Haste gems or should I go for Stamina because right now I have like 650 - 660K and I would like to at some point Tank 5 Mans and LFR so it can get faster and I've never really tanked before and kind of want to try it out. I know I still need to get some better pieces of gear I have to replace my chest, wrist, gloves, boots a ring and trinket at least so yeah. Any advice really? I am kinda stuck on what stats I should choose.

My armory link is in my Signature.