Did anyone else notice this was taken directly from Thecks blog over at Sacred Duty?

"It’s not hard to come up with mechanics that would do just that [fix avoidance]. Here are a few examples:

Change Grand Crusader’s trigger from CS/HotR to avoidance. Thus, avoiding an attack would have a chance to refresh the cooldown of Avenger’s Shield and grant holy power. That might be too similar to Revenge, but it covers all the bases: gives us something active to do and ties into our active mitigation through resource generation."

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Did anyone else notice this was taken directly from Thecks blog over at Sacred Duty?

"It’s not hard to come up with mechanics that would do just that [fix avoidance]. Here are a few examples:

Change Grand Crusader’s trigger from CS/HotR to avoidance. Thus, avoiding an attack would have a chance to refresh the cooldown of Avenger’s Shield and grant holy power. That might be too similar to Revenge, but it covers all the bases: gives us something active to do and ties into our active mitigation through resource generation."
    It's been bouncing around on mtadin for a while. Theck started it though (I think).
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Well, it is kind of a natural idea. Do not think they wanted to add more procs to us, so this one was one of the few that made sense.

Lets just hope blizzard does not understand that this still doesnt change the value of dodge and parry and haste.

I wonder how this will work on figths with alot of trash? And soloing old content? No ICD? Perma procs.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Rather like Revenge has worked for Warriors for the last 3 years in that respect. Isn't out of the ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Darielle//maintankadin
    In fact, as Ahti(Branar) said in that thread, when you're AoE tanking, you start getting into a point where Haste becomes even more valuable because it'll also allow you to prevent procs being wasted during the gcd's by giving you a shorter gcd.
    Hadn't thought of that.
    Last edited by Butler Log; 2013-02-04 at 11:23 PM.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Rather not take a kick to the groin on single target dps to benefit two stats paladins still wont want on there gear. So now the story is, get your regular haste gear for regular tanking, and build a parry/dodge set of gear for any boss with lots of adds, or run to get reforged a few times a night boss to boss?

I seriously doubt getting 5% less GC proccs is going to be a "kick to the groin".

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I seriously doubt getting 5% less GC proccs is going to be a "kick to the groin".

Are you tanking every boss 100% of the time? Guess what you arent getting when you and your off tank are swapping the boss, no GC procs. When i look at recount AS seems like a pretty important part of our dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tax View Post
    Are you tanking every boss 100% of the time? Guess what you arent getting when you and your off tank are swapping the boss, no GC procs. When i look at recount AS seems like a pretty important part of our dps.
    I actually didn't see that at first but that does seem fairly accurate.

Touche sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    I actually didn't see that at first but that does seem fairly accurate.

Touche sir.
    Though, any figth with more than 1 mob attacking you, or a mechanic with multiple attacks / attack speed on the boss ( e.g. sha ) will give you more procs, so it evens outs.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

If anyone's been on the ptr, how is damage taken by the tank looking in the next tier?

Been suspecting it's a little low now to allow us to get into the groove of active mitigation, since it's the first tier we are using it (Not counting Dragon Soul post 5.0, as the content wasn't designed/balanced around it. We also had the debuff at, what was it, 35% at that point?). As well, obviously the system rewards good performance and timing, while lapses in good execution can be a bit punishing. If you're taking easily survivable damage consistently, you've got the sequence down (In addition to the aforementioned tuning of the content.)

There's at least two caveats here unfortunately. At least a few of the people saying "I don't ever feel in danger of dying", are 1 - talking about content they have on farm. 2 - only ~6/16H currently.

Not trying to say I'm any better, I'm also only at 6/16, with a group that recently had to dissolve due to roster size. Oh well, sadface.
    Last edited by Elathi; 2013-02-05 at 03:25 AM.

PTRs are often downscaled as they are not interested in the numbers as much as if the mechanics actually work, so hard to tell how the tank damage is since it will probably be different live. We just have to wait and see. Though given how much the item levels are rising, with gear from the next raid, I expect the damage to be the same / maybe even less in comparison to now.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Though, any figth with more than 1 mob attacking you, or a mechanic with multiple attacks / attack speed on the boss ( e.g. sha ) will give you more procs, so it evens outs.
    Perhaps, but they havent said anything about an icd on the proc. I doubt they will let us chain proc AS non stop if were in a position of tanking a bunch of adds at once. Some of the time zero procs, or depending on the fight a bunch of procs. Sounds like a gimmicky and lazy design choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tax View Post
    Perhaps, but they havent said anything about an icd on the proc. I doubt they will let us chain proc AS non stop if were in a position of tanking a bunch of adds at once. Some of the time zero procs, or depending on the fight a bunch of procs. Sounds like a gimmicky and lazy design choice.
    That is exactly how Revenge has worked for the last 3-4 years, I don't think there will be an ICD.

I like it(glad that they didn't raped us). Glad that Blizz listen to us(it is impossible to please all afterall). Now, if i remember exactly, they said somewhere that SotR will work with haste(now it has a basic 1.5sec cooldown) which also bring joy to my eyes.
    AS didn't had any ICD and i see no point in putting it now...

Quote Originally Posted by 30cmnobaffs View Post
    they said somewhere that SotR will work with haste(now it has a basic 1.5sec cooldown) which also bring joy to my eyes.
    That doesn't really make it work with haste, since you shouldn't be clipping the buff anyway, I'd be glad if they made it 3 seconds to easier track the buff

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    That doesn't really make it work with haste, since you shouldn't be clipping the buff anyway, I'd be glad if they made it 3 seconds to easier track the buff
    But it doesn't matter if you clip ShoR, it simply appends the new duration to the remaining time left on the buff.

Such a change would also make Holy Avenger pointless for tanks, as you generate Holy Power faster than you can spend it if you can only dump it every 3 seconds.

But it doesn't matter if you clip ShoR, it simply appends the new duration to the remaining time left on the buff.
    Hadn't noticed that

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Hadn't noticed that
    Yep, that's how you get things like this happening:

I've had ShoR have a 20+ second duration before now.

Yep, that's how you get things like this happening:

I've had ShoR have a 20+ second duration before now.
    Ha, I've never noticed since I run Sanctified Wrath so its more of a constant stream timed with melee hits

With HA and GoAK you can pretty much cover nearly 40 seconds of combat with a ~50% damage cooldown, and then have another 6 seconds of ShoR banked during GoAK to add to the total duration. Tag a Divine Protection to the end and you have a major amount of extra mitigation up for almost an ENTIRE MINUTE. (and then only a minute until HA is ready again )

This makes add tanking at Grand Empress so much safer.
    Last edited by Butler Log; 2013-02-05 at 12:54 PM.