Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Surprisingly if you chose the drop down option of "Protection" on the T15 gear vendor, it shows the Ret shoulders too.
    Its a conspiracy

Ergh, ugly stats on that tier. Still not a single point of haste on prot tier. I mean, blizzard has acknowledged that its basically our best stat (second to hit/exp etc), yet refuses to put it on any Paladin gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

There's not a single point of haste on T14 gear either...

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Ergh, ugly stats on that tier. Still not a single point of haste on prot tier. I mean, blizzard has acknowledged that its basically our best stat (second to hit/exp etc), yet refuses to put it on any Paladin gear.
    Pretty sure that's kind of the point. They don't like us using haste to this extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Pretty sure that's kind of the point. They don't like us using haste to this extent.
    Which seems kinda stupid. They dont like us picking up "DPS" gear becaues it got haste and retri set because it got haste. Why not put haste on our tier then?
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Meh, I'll be passing on T15 the same as every other set of tier gear since I started tanking anyway. More DPS kills bosses far more quickly and reliably that a bit of less damage taken over-all.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Meh. Lackluster as usual. Sigh. If this goes to T16/T17 and the 4 sets start doing what they did back in Cataclysm (raidwide minor buffs etc) we're going to be shafted because Blizzard refuse to itemise our gear. This reminds me of Vanilla. AGILITY AND SPIRIT AM STRONK YUZ?

There's not a single point of haste on T14 gear either...
    Yeah, but blizzard "kinda" had an excuse back then, they didn't anticipate how good it would be at the start of T14.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Yeah, but blizzard "kinda" had an excuse back then, they didn't anticipate how good it would be at the start of T14.
    Well, debatable considering how many warnings they got from beta testers. They're just too ignorant sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Still not good enough for me to be a douche and take them over my other raid members.

Though, we will have to wait and see how the damage pattern is on the bosses in the new raid until we can decide how good the 4p is.
    If the damage pattern is similar to current raid, only higher ofc, then it will not be that strong.
    I never meant you should take them over someone who would net a bigger gain in their desired stat, I was merely stating that the "The stats are horrible" line were quite over exaggerated.
    And yes, both the 2p and 4p bonuses are quite bad so I'm not even sure I want any tier pieces this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Which seems kinda stupid. They dont like us picking up "DPS" gear becaues it got haste and retri set because it got haste. Why not put haste on our tier then?
    To make us not so mad when they eventually hit haste hard and have us take other stats instead. Besides, the set bonuses aren't so bad either.

They don't put it on tank gear because for some reason they're stuck in the model where plate tank gear can't have haste on it :/
    I wonder if they'll ever realize that dodge/parry just don't work well and remove one of them as an item stat (replace parry rating on gear with haste, improve the dodge conversion and be done with it)
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    To make us not so mad when they eventually hit haste hard and have us take other stats instead. Besides, the set bonuses aren't so bad either.
    2p is situational, has some uses.
    4p is good at first glance, but after thinking about it, it is kinda situational aswell. Not many fights where it will be great really. Decent TDR but still lacks the on demand.

I like 2p more than 4p tbh. 2p looks bad on paper, but have some niche uses, 4p is the opposite, looks good on paper but in reality not so great.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

New(er) to Paladin tanking again since I didn't play my Paladin really since BC days. BrM is my main and loving it, with my pally alt I am gearing now. With that said though, didn't they come out and say they were going to change some of our abilities in the near future to not rely on haste so much and get us back to tanking stats for mitigation because of the way they changed it this tier?

I could have swore I saw something to that effect.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

They've been very iffy about Haste, for now they don't want to piss off their playerbase by changing it, but that may change

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    New(er) to Paladin tanking again since I didn't play my Paladin really since BC days. BrM is my main and loving it, with my pally alt I am gearing now. With that said though, didn't they come out and say they were going to change some of our abilities in the near future to not rely on haste so much and get us back to tanking stats for mitigation because of the way they changed it this tier?

I could have swore I saw something to that effect.
    So far it looks like haste will not be changed for prot paladins. The only change is that Grand Crusader will either: now proc from dodge/parry as well as CS/HotR (at reduced chances) OR just proc from dodge/parry.

Most recent from GC said it was gonna be all 4, but the current ptr is just dodge parry i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Most recent from GC said it was gonna be all 4, but the current ptr is just dodge parry i believe.
    The current PTR build is already out of date. We'll probably have to wait for the next one or the one after that to see the updated Grand Crusader.

Tier 14 to 15 item differences, including current PTR stats per normal tier item.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing
    I went into more detail with this one. I went through MMO-C's database and put all plate gear with Strength on it into google docs. There doesn't list any trinkets, just everything else. I didn't list LFR or Heroic, just normal modes. This is just to get an idea of what gear is available and the stats that they provide.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hc&usp=sharing

Would it be beneficial to grab a piece with crit and haste vs. a piece with dodge/parry + hit/expertise (if both hit & expertise are capped already)? I know crit is terrible but it can be reforged so, what would you guys say?

Currently having a hard time deciding what to use my Valor on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    Would it be beneficial to grab a piece with crit and haste vs. a piece with dodge/parry + hit/expertise (if both hit & expertise are capped already)? I know crit is terrible but it can be reforged so, what would you guys say?

Currently having a hard time deciding what to use my Valor on.
    Grab the crit piece if its not going to screw with your caps