Quote Originally Posted by Tax View Post
    You guys all switching to hand of purity come 5.2? That 10% damage reduction looks really nice for any boss burst damage. Is it the clear choice now?
    Damn it, I'd totally forgotten about that change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    You have to pay attention to your HoP? I don't even need a bar other than for the out of combat decay
    If you are only using SotR when you have 5 HoPo then yes ofc you gotta pay atleast some attention to it. If you use SotR whenever, then you don't.

Using SotR whenever on cooldown and only banking up when needed ofc requires less maintenence than constantly sitting on 5. Not that I see a reason why you would sit on 5 constantly really on most fights. Can understand doing that on Will of the Emperor and similar fights, though most fights I do not really see any benefit at only using SotR with 5 HoPo.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tax View Post
    You guys all switching to hand of purity come 5.2? That 10% damage reduction looks really nice for any boss burst damage. Is it the clear choice now?
    Will as all other talents be situational. Doesn't make HoP a cookie cutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Well, I guess if you're really good at tracking many things at once in your mind you wouldn't need one, but it's easy to get distracted and lose count and then the bar is there to remind you where you were. :P
    Don't get me wrong, I still have one, but I don't ever look at it, I mean its not exactly hard to count to 5 then subtract 3, might be just a super power I have from my old Shaman days counting shield charges by damage/mana numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    If you are only using SotR when you have 5 HoPo then yes ofc you gotta pay atleast some attention to it. If you use SotR whenever, then you don't.

Using SotR whenever on cooldown and only banking up when needed ofc requires less maintenence than constantly sitting on 5. Not that I see a reason why you would sit on 5 constantly really on most fights. Can understand doing that on Will of the Emperor and similar fights, though most fights I do not really see any benefit at only using SotR with 5 HoPo.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 11:17 PM ----------

Will as all other talents be situational. Doesn't make HoP a cookie cutter.
    I vary based on fight, and I have no difficulty just remembering how much HoP I'm at, as I said above its only counting to 5

Deleted
    I have no difficulty just remembering how much HoP I'm at, as I said above its only counting to 5
    I don't understand - you don't look at the HP bar. So how do you "remember" your HoP? You surely don't count every time you use a CS, J or GC proc?

I've set weakauras to give out a sonar ping when I get to 5 holy power (or max resources on any char). I don't like "wasting" holy power.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    I don't understand - you don't look at the HP bar. So how do you "remember" your HoP? You surely don't count every time you use a CS, J or GC proc?

I've set weakauras to give out a sonar ping when I get to 5 holy power (or max resources on any char). I don't like "wasting" holy power.
    My brain registers me using the abilities I care about (ie Judgement/CS/AS /w proc) and automatically puts a HoP counter in my brain, a few times I've messed up my unit frames and not had a HoP bar, not noticed for a good few days worth of raids, only real time I need it as prot is if I'm cutting the AS proc close, but I've also got MSBT showing HP gains so I tend to use that more than my HoP bar

Deleted
    I've been burning through 9 challenge mode gold medals in about 2 days in a guild group on my paladin. This. Was. Not. Fun.
    Ok well, it was extremely fun, but protadins in challenge modes; oh my god how annoying it could be at times.
    I just needed to vent, nevermind me!

Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    I've been burning through 9 challenge mode gold medals in about 2 days in a guild group on my paladin. This. Was. Not. Fun.
    Ok well, it was extremely fun, but protadins in challenge modes; oh my god how annoying it could be at times.
    I just needed to vent, nevermind me!
    CM gold was the most fun I don't want to have again. We ran Protpal, WW, MW, lock, hunter and while it really wasn't THAT bad, we could only think how much smoother so much would have been with a DK or Warrior tank. Overall, Prot has a pretty good toolset and cooldown bank to pull from, but we do suffer slightly from lack of AOE CC/stuns/kitability.

Grats on golds though!

Personally, I'm looking forward to doing it again and tanking on my DK this time around
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    CM gold was the most fun I don't want to have again. We ran Protpal, WW, MW, lock, hunter and while it really wasn't THAT bad, we could only think how much smoother so much would have been with a DK or Warrior tank. Overall, Prot has a pretty good toolset and cooldown bank to pull from, but we do suffer slightly from lack of AOE CC/stuns/kitability.

Grats on golds though!

Personally, I'm looking forward to doing it again and tanking on my DK this time around

Get this, we ran with Prot Pala, Disc Priest, Demo Lock, Frost mage and Frost DK.
    Barely any ability to chainstun, and no misdirect or tricks but with crazy AoE burst at least. That was the worst part, trying to control the biggest pulls with the Paladin AoE arsenal. Of course you can make it work if you know how to play, but it was a boatload of effort for something that other classes never have issuses with.
    Ton of fun however, really refreshing now that you're sick and tired of this raid content.
    Last edited by mmoc2a162f1935; 2013-02-19 at 08:00 PM.

Sorry, amateur Prot Paladin here. I heard there was some change that was supposed to make dodge and parry better for paladins but I can't find it in any patch notes. From the last few pages, though, I gather this hasn't changed anything as far as preferring haste and master.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Sorry, amateur Prot Paladin here. I heard there was some change that was supposed to make dodge and parry better for paladins but I can't find it in any patch notes. From the last few pages, though, I gather this hasn't changed anything as far as preferring haste and master.
    It's with regards to Grand Crusader which now procs when we dodge/parry rather than only CS/HOTR. Doesn't change stat priority with regards to Haste and Mastery so keep calm and stack haste.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-02-21 at 04:06 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

The change you refer to is to Grand Crusader.

GC now proc's off of CS, HotR, dodge and parry all at a 12% chance. This is down from CS/HotR only at a 20% chance.

This helps to make dodge and parry less undesirable, but we will still avoid avoidance in favor of haste and mastery.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

we will still avoid avoidance
    hehehehe

Biggest difference we'll see is a very slight decrease in HoP on single target, but a massive increase on multiples, so get used to tanking stuff like Windlord in the future

hehehehe
    It should be the class mantra...

Biggest difference we'll see is a very slight decrease in HoP on single target, but a massive increase on multiples, so get used to tanking stuff like Windlord in the future
    If anyone isn't already solo-tanking Windlord (I've done it 10N, 10HC, 25N, 25HC), they really should. It's almost catered to ProtPal and the DPS/HPS we put out is insane. Even with the Consecrate scaling nerf in 5.2, the GC change should offset this by enough to break even or be a net increase in DPS/HPS (on this fight at least...maybe HC Protectors as well)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    My goal for T15 is to solo tank as many of the bosses as possible (preferably on the first kill)

Solo tanking a lot of the fights in this made me realise how valuable it is to solo tank fights if possible. I mean, if all you need is some cd coordination with your healers or a melee dps and if you can gain another dps spot for it, then why not?

Not to mention using 1 tank = more vengeance on that tank = more dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be the class mantra...
    I'm still advocating "A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse".

Don't ask.

Holy, Templar, Justice.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

If anyone isn't already solo-tanking Windlord (I've done it 10N, 10HC, 25N, 25HC), they really should. It's almost catered to ProtPal and the DPS/HPS we put out is insane. Even with the Consecrate scaling nerf in 5.2, the GC change should offset this by enough to break even or be a net increase in DPS/HPS (on this fight at least...maybe HC Protectors as well)
    Yeah but some people get benched into DPS because they've got better DPS gear, or the guild doesn't understand how insane the buffer Prot gives you is. I know in my guild people are adamant that Warriors do the best DPS on that fight of all our guild tanks (we've got monk+wars, I've only done it as OS ) and no matter how many numbers you throw at them, people see one tank do it once, get 150-170k dps and suddenly they're amazing

Deleted
    I still think the class mantra is "The meaning of life is drunken adventures!" Atleast that is what I gathered from this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    My goal for T15 is to solo tank as many of the bosses as possible (preferably on the first kill)

Solo tanking a lot of the fights in this made me realise how valuable it is to solo tank fights if possible. I mean, if all you need is some cd coordination with your healers or a melee dps and if you can gain another dps spot for it, then why not?

Not to mention using 1 tank = more vengeance on that tank = more dps.
    1-tank Heroic Protectors, Paladin is amazing at that. Pulled ~195k DPS and 45-50k HPS over the fight. Also had ~55% of the interrupts which REALLY makes it easy for everyone else.

But yes, we fully embrace (abuse?) 1 tanking whenever possible: more DPS via vengeance, more DPS via an extra actual DPS spec, and a nontrivial increase in healing.

Huzzah.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I'm still advocating "A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse".

Don't ask.

Holy, Templar, Justice.
    I....wat? I dunno, I've been trying to work in Pro-Haste, Anti-Avoidance sentiments. Best I can do so far is;

"Quickly! Avoid the avoidance!"
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    1-tank Heroic Protectors, Paladin is amazing at that. Pulled ~195k DPS and 45-50k HPS over the fight. Also had ~55% of the interrupts which REALLY makes it easy for everyone else.

But yes, we fully embrace (abuse?) 1 tanking whenever possible: more DPS via vengeance, more DPS via an extra actual DPS spec, and a nontrivial increase in healing.
    Yeah fights that I have / know people that have solo tanked this tier would be.

Feng N/HC
    Gara'jal N/HC
    SK N/HC
    Elegon N -- HC should be possible with the right setup. Basically only need someone that can bring the adds out at 25%.
    Also heard crazy HC tactic (used on normal) of blowing up the adds inside. Basically becomes a reversed HC tactic.
    Instead of having 1 soaker outside you have 1 soaker inside (the tank) and everyone else outside for the blast.
    Will N

Vizier N
    Blade-Lord N/HC
    Garalon N/HC
    Windlord N/HC

Protectors N/HC
    Tsulong N/HC
    Lei Shi N/HC
    Sha of Fear N

Like 80% of the those fights are actually benefitial to solo tank over duo tank
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-02-21 at 05:20 PM.

I'd be very interested in videos/logs of people solo tanking that on 25N/H. I can see it on 10, but my personal experience looks to be borderline impossible.