Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I love going around deleting my posts in the morning because I check w/e the fuck I wrote the night before and remove it out of shame.
    I don't blame you, that post was.... err

Righteousness

I love going around deleting my posts in the morning because I check w/e the fuck I wrote the night before and remove it out of shame.
    Ha-ha, that one wasn't too bad tho. Think i've seen worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tossy View Post
    Ha-ha, that one wasn't too bad tho. Think i've seen worse.
    Yeah but this one was disgusting, I've fucking carpeted that street now. Hopefully it'll rain soon.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

It's not what you want to read, but hey I think the curry was good but I'm really not too sure All I definitely know is the fuckers didn't give us our naan bread.

I think some mod needs to remove Merins permissions to delete and edit his own posts on weekends.

Holy
    Sacred
    Divine
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I think some mod needs to remove Merins permissions to delete and edit his own posts on weekends.

Holy
    Sacred
    Divine
    That'd be a terrible thing, did you even see the post I made last night? It was hideous. Thank God it was like 2am when I posted it (I think...) and then saw it before it was too late in the day...

Bad enough actually doing it let alone telling everyone in an almost proud yet mortified-at-my-own-actions style. Also, your plan has a huge flaw and that is, being a student I drink just as much during the week. Never really go out on Saturdays (apparently I do but I don't remember so it doesn't happen). Monday is Oceana or a night in, Tuesday is Market Bar, Wednesday is Crisis, Thursday is The Forum (favourite) and Friday is Ocean. However, no Ocean last night. My girlfriend lives in a nearby flat owned by the university with 6 others - 5 girls, 2 guys in that flat. One of the guys is gay so its basically 6 on 1.

Due to this, I now have "Chloe time" but I also have "James time". The former consists of me listening to K-pop wanting to hurl myself off the Portland Building at Nottingham University. The latter consists of drinking a shitload for no reason other than "no lectures left today", playing FIFA, listening to heavy metal/club music at full volume at 1am and the occasional throwing of a bottle. The latter happened last night and it ended really badly. No editing would mean my hideous posts would stay up!

Was going to advocate a ban every weekend but very occasionally I say something remotely useful, so on the off chance I do, it's probably not worth it.

So anyway guys... Umm... Brawlers Guild... people been doing this as Prot? Was wondering how far you can get before the dps becomes just simply undoable.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-03-02 at 05:39 PM.

That'd be a terrible thing, did you even see the post I made last night? It was hideous. Thank God it was like 2am when I posted it (I think...) and then saw it before it was too late in the day...
    Paladin forums... I see all...
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Paladin forums... I see all...
    Then would you really like to have what I posted, immortalized for 2 days? It's equivalent to defilement of our sacred sanctuary!

Quote Originally Posted by Tossy View Post
    Actually, not only that. DiPurp is a strong talent in it's own way. It scales infinitly better with haste than HA (where HA even slightly loses efficency with higher haste before ShoTR is on sanctity of battle in 5.2). On fights where you are taking somewhat constant damage from melee range and/or if you are onetanking a fight, i'm pretty sure DiPurp averages out to be higher ShoTR uptime. It obviously lacks the on-demand factor that's more often than not extremely good for tanks these days, but there are fights where damage intake is consistent and steady enough to where i would prefer it personally.

I think all three talents are strong in their own rights, and much like the 90 talents they have massive individual upsides in different situations. Paladin talents are extremely well balanced across the board compared to some other classes.
    As we gain more and more haste, the effects of Divine Purpose will increase. The increased uptime on Shield of the Righteous isn't massive, I think in my personal raid testing have seen a 5-10% uptime increase.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    As we gain more and more haste, the effects of Divine Purpose will increase. The increased uptime on Shield of the Righteous isn't massive, I think in my personal raid testing have seen a 5-10% uptime increase.
    Which doesn't really matter as long as you're tanking in a scenario with predictable damage spikes. In that case it can be either the best talent by far or the worst or anything in between. The lack of control is a fair tradeoff for it not being a cooldown-type ability. In some cases it's very good throughout, and in some cases you want that extra defensive cooldown in HA or SW. It's as simple as that, but neglecting it isn't right either, we have that choice and have to judge (no pun intended) the situation and use some good thinking. I see a lot of paladins who've decided to never use it for probably the same reasons a lot of people don't use SW.

It's a well balanced tier of talents, so it's undoubtedly healthy to try them all out as you see fit.

So anyway guys... Umm... Brawlers Guild... people been doing this as Prot? Was wondering how far you can get before the dps becomes just simply undoable.
    I'm up to rank 3 with zero issues. Guildies that are 7 or 8 say that it should be no problem up to 5-6, may start to get trouble with enrage timers on rank 7 fights.

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 08:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Although clever use of ShoR increases the useful uptime.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

The enrage timers are really tight. At the very least, you will not beat rank 7--I've seen many DPS unable to beat the enrage timers on Battletron and GG Engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    The enrage timers are really tight. At the very least, you will not beat rank 7--I've seen many DPS unable to beat the enrage timers on Battletron and GG Engineering.
    I am still stuck at GG. Haven't really tried in awhile, but I am waiting for my gear level to go higher before I try again - 485 doesn't seem high enough for me. I don't doubt that in prot, it's almost impossible due to our pitiful damage.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Blademaster
    I did gg as prot, just pop cd's and eat shit for vengeance, then go ham on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amie573 View Post
    Ok done the passives and acronyms and a little bit of editing
    No... I believe I did that.

On a serious note (and one to make this post less spammy than the above bot) thanks for the info on the Brawlers Guild - I gave it a go back when I was able to play but want to try it again when I return so want to realistically see how far I can get in it as prot before I have to play the dreaded ret. Out of my own sense of stubbornness I'll avoid it but equally have no qualms about doing what's required for progress, be it personal or raid...

You'll be able to do up to rank 5 without too many issues.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You'll be able to do up to rank 5 without too many issues.
    In what kind of gear level - the one in my signature? I mean, once I return I'm not sure how much I'll be able to go mental but my gear should improve dramatically, probably to a good set of current raid normal gear as I won't be around long enough for me in all good conscience to even put myself forward for heroics as it'll fuck up the raid in the long term.

I did up to rank 3 or 4, but then I got bored and stopped. That was in 490-492ish and I was nowhere near the enrage timer.

Sounds good I'm a tad lower than that and believe I'm just beginning rank 3... Can't exactly remember but should be around that, won't be rank 4 but pretty sure I'm on the last of rank 2 or actually commenced 3. With a few upgrades should be fine but I'm still unhappy I'll have to break my hit and exp... got 2211 hit and 5100 exp exactly... Gona be absolutely gutted when I lose it

Am the kind of person where I will happily spend a few k if it means that I gain even 1 or 2 stat points. Think just before I quit I spent it was like 300g on reforges and regemming shit so that I could drop from 5110 exp or something really that close, down even lower (to perfect number this time) for the sake of gaining the same number of haste points...

Try to get your expertise and hit through reforging before you resort to gems; that gives you a bit more flexibility when it comes to needing more haste or more stamina depending on the boss. It cost me 200 haste rating to move expertise from gems to reforges, but that made it so much simpler to swap in more stamina for progressing certain bosses (lei shi heroic as the most obvious example).

I use ReforgeLite with the stat-weighting

Spirit: 0
    Dodge: 120
    Parry: 120
    Hit: 220
    Crit: 0
    Haste: 180
    Expertise: 200
    Mastery: 160

and then tell it to reforge me for 2550 Hit and 5100 Expertise (the settings are "Hit ... at least...melee hit cap" and "Expertise...at least...melee hard cap"). If you want to eliminate, say, two of the 320 Expertise gems, then you can tell it to reforge the 2550 Hit and 5740 (5100+640) Expertise, and then remove the gems afterwards.
    Last edited by Butler Log; 2013-03-03 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    and then tell it to reforge me for 2550 Hit and 5100 Expertise (the settings are "Hit ... at least...melee hit cap" and "Expertise...at least...melee hard cap"). If you want to eliminate, say, two of the 320 Expertise gems, then you can tell it to reforge the 2550 Hit and 5740 (5100+640) Expertise, and then remove the gems afterwards.

I already do this don't worry, I keep that stuff in mind been doing it since reforging was introduced Except instead of some program I use a pen paper and calculator.