Deleted
    Just some napkin math. Thinking about the theoretical maximum uptime of SotR. If we presume 50% haste aswell as pvp 4p bonus with DP.

In a 10 minute fight.
    We would gain, 200 hopo from CS, 138 from judgement. Have 24 GC procs on average from the CS. Recieve 400 boss melee hits, so lets assume a low 20% dodge/parry. You would then dodge/parry 80 attacks which would give another 7 or so GC procs, but for the sake of overlapping lets say 6.

So we are looking at 368 HoPo gained from attacks. 4p would be another 67~ +- depending on the boss design Holy Power. So in total we are looking at around 435 holy power gained. Give or take 10-20 depending on boss design and stuff. That is 145 SotRs.

With DP. That would extend to about 48 DP procs give or take a few depending on rng. So in total 193 SotRs. Which would be equal to 579 seconds uptime. That is 579/600 seconds uptime or 96.5%. So, it is pretty safe to assume that above 90% is fairly easily reachable if you go for max uptime. And closer to 100% would be obtainable with some luck on procs.

Interesting interesting. To bad that the PvP pieces are so low item levels this tier, this was far more useful last tier. It is a serious dent in stamina and armor to take on PvP pieces, but the set bonus is insane for constant streams of damages during an entire fight. So if a fight lacks that "AHA IM GONNA KILL YOU NAOW! ability, it could be worth having a 4p set in the bags.

The 4p alone is equal to about 14% uptime.

Considering that pvp gear is 30ilvls lower than pve one (before upgrades/ thunderforged / heroic) i'm not sure that 4 set is worth sacrificing all of the other stats that much. (Even if it is only on 4 pieces of gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    With DP. That would extend to about 48 DP procs give or take a few depending on rng. So in total 193 SotRs. Which would be equal to 579 seconds uptime. That is 579/600 seconds uptime or 96.5%. So, it is pretty safe to assume that above 90% is fairly easily reachable if you go for max uptime. And closer to 100% would be obtainable with some luck on procs.
    I think you're forgetting that DP can proc off another DP, which happens all the time. I often have 4-5 free SotRs in a row.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Considering that pvp gear is 30ilvls lower than pve one (before upgrades/ thunderforged / heroic) i'm not sure that 4 set is worth sacrificing all of the other stats that much. (Even if it is only on 4 pieces of gear)
    Well, it is a bit like the CTC cap was back in cata. It was worth dropping a higher item piece for a lower item level piece with higher CTC. If you could reach 100% SotR uptime, that would be insane. It would probably be worth dropping a few stamina and armor pieces. This is ofc only worth it on fights where having 100% uptime is benefitial. It would be insane on a lot of fight and not so useful on others. I am not saying that I am aiming for 4p pvp set this tier by any means. Though having it in your bags is not a bad thing. Even dropping all those stats is probably worth it on some fights. Considering that the 4p pvp is worth about 13100 haste rating in terms of SotR uptime, it is not something to disregard, especially considering that it scales beyond the haste cap, having an additional 13100 haste of worth SotR at 50% is insanely powerful.

So maybe you trade down like 2500 stamina, 3000 armor and 2000 secondary stats or similar, but you gain almost 13100, so it is not so easy to say "Not worth it" as it is to say, could be worth it on some fights were high SotR uptime is benefitial. Tortos, Horridon, Durumu, Primordius, Animus and Qon springs to mind primarly.

I don't really see how we are going to be getting 50% haste on any gear this expansion, let alone with 4 pieces of item level 476 gear equipped. So isn't the discussion rather moot?

Deleted
    Well, the conquest gear is 493 and the elite gear is 512. And well, while we wont be able to reach 50% haste, we can surely reach closer to 40-45% for sure.

Dicsussion was more of a fun one rather than a serious "must have". It is definately a possibility and has its uses on some fights.

Just did a bit of napkin math using the 4p pvp piece and rest of the slot 535, so this is completely disregarding thunderforged + item upgrades coming in next patch. So with 4p pvp and 535 haste oriented set I was able to reach about 44% haste give or take without haste elixir. So it is for sure possible to reach 50% haste in this tier with 4p pvp equipped.

And even so, 40% would still be insanely strong.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-03-31 at 01:26 PM.

Could you link that gear set?

Deleted
    Do you know a good place to combine and share gear sets? Complete with reforges and gems and stuff. Since I cannot link the current format I have.

But basically if you wanna check it out yourself, just try to make your own gear set.

WoWheads Item Comparison Tool is pretty good, although it doesn't have specific attributes to go with bracers of constant implosion yet, or the extra socket for weapons which you can see in the comparison I put together to have a quick look at what you were talking about.

Wasn't trying to get perfect reforges, just a vague sense of what might be possible using 4p pvp.

Deleted
    Just to say again. Not saying this is the route I am planning to gear for or the best way to gear. Just saying it is a possibility and definately has its benefits on some fights.

Nah, I am sitting on almost 14.5k.

Having more haste gives you more globals to use your abilities on, not less.
    armory? i'm curious what your gear is with that much haste.

Quote Originally Posted by youlowgee View Post
    armory? i'm curious what your gear is with that much haste.
    I'm sitting on almost 13k, and if i had a few different items easily would be able to get past 14k.

Deleted
    i'm at 15.6k haste with many sub-optimal items. pretty sure we can push 20k+ in H TF.
    Last edited by mmocc23bbb0a5f; 2013-03-31 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zora View Post
    i'm at 15.6k haste with many sub-optimal items. pretty sure we can push 20k+ in H TF.
    Oh Fela!, I was wondering who in the world would be so close to me in terms of haste levels. I remember inspecting you a while ago and being pleasantly surprised to see someone at your level with almost as much haste as me.

20k+ haste is definitely achievable with H TF, I'm sitting at 16k haste @517 ilvl so should be easy to achieve once you get the right drops.

ps. grats Firefly on all the loot, cleaned up this week
    Last edited by DrDreads; 2013-03-31 at 11:52 PM.

Deleted
    all loot? :P Didnt even raid this week. I am going away for over a month, no time for wow raiding haha.

all loot? :P Didnt even raid this week. I am going away for over a month, no time for wow raiding haha.
    damn, I must be stalking the wrong paladin then, thought I'd finally tracked you down. :P

Deleted
    hmm, I think I may have raided one raid this week, but I left my raid spot for my "fill in" that will be filling in when I am gone

But yeah, if you find a paladin with sanctified wrath, 14k haste and not even remotely close to expertise cap. Hi!

Very possible you are stalking me and I just forgot I got gears this week.

Oh good then, I was sure I'd found you. All the clues matched and everything!

Have fun on your month off

holy. shield. protection.

Deleted
    Yeah. Feels wrong to say it is a month of WoW haha, since I have not really had time for WoW in several years. Only been able to play very casually due to work. A lot of free time to theorycraft and shit, but non-steady work schedules making serious raiding impossible.
    Who wants a tank that can raid 50% of the raids hehe.

But yeah, will probably drop in forums when I'm gone a few times to remind people about things..

Sanctified, Wrath, Expertise7.5

Yeah, I'm kinda wishing tank damage wasn't quite so high on 25 man :/

But when you have fire damage ramping up like this every ~15 seconds ...

[20:41:12.030] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 120362
    [20:41:27.751] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 177412 (A: 47254)
    [20:41:43.493] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 225011 (A: 72983)
    [20:41:59.205] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 299420 (A: 80027)
    [20:42:14.903] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 336967 (A: 98938)
    [20:42:30.645] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 244442 (A: 289169)
    [20:42:46.353] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 438199 (A: 144826)
    [20:42:56.045] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 679294

Gearing for haste isn't really an option :<