On what fights do you actually get that AP? Seems like they are fewer then the ones at around ~100k. 1600 ap + benefit of secondary stat seems to be overall more benefitial, in this case you gain ~500 mastery 788 str vs ~200 haste. Feels like that extra ap would end up doing roughly about same/if not more dps on a little lower vengeance levels.

All of them on 25 man :/

350k on Tortos tanking adds.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

I wouldn't consider going a ridiculously haste heavy build for 25man tanking atleast... for 10man you rarley see 170k vengeance+, atleast what i've seen. so no math for when 200 haste would provide more damage then 788 str?

I rarely have below 200k ap while tanking (25man). On Jin'rokh heroic I'm usually having around 280k ap, since boss hits for about 350k before cooldowns/ShotR
    Lethora, 100 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 92 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Hasn't dropped yet, and the healers are ahead of me in DKP :/
    Tortos shield is not even BiS for the healers. Our guild decided tank Prio on it, our healer passed on it to me.

Also don't see where people are getting the 200 haste from vs 500 mastery + 788 str

First off lets compare the 522 version.

788str
    524mastery
    548 reforgeable stat

vs
    788int
    458 haste
    597 reforgable stat

For a haste build, the second one is superior, especially in 25 man.
    Last edited by Firefly33; 2013-04-06 at 11:33 PM.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

from the vp vendor, should i get the tank ring(dodge+mastery) or the dps one(crit+haste)? i was thinking the dps one cause it has haste on it, but idk.

haste one if you got haste build, mastery if you got matery build.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

What about the Wrathion Cloacks?. You will chose the tank or dps?

dodge and parry vs haste and crit? Not even a competetion, dps one easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Borin View Post
    What about the Wrathion Cloacks?. You will chose the tank or dps?
    The DPS one with haste, mastery and crit. Absolutely no competition there. Remember that you may have to do that quest as Retribution to be offered that cloak.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The DPS one with haste, mastery and crit. Absolutely no competition there. Remember that you may have to do that quest as Retribution to be offered that cloak.
    Which sucks, since it looks like it'll be a role-based challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Which sucks, since it looks like it'll be a role-based challenge.
    good thing if you're going for that cloak your gear is pretty much ret gear anyway, minus a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by youlowgee View Post
    good thing if you're going for that cloak your gear is pretty much ret gear anyway, minus a weapon.
    Well, yea, but from the looks of it'll be a test like that Proving Grounds stuff they talked about and as a MS tank I'd like to prove me mettle as one!

And I don't have that much haste gear though, I always skip gear for DPS or Healers if they need it as my gear is ok and I'd rather have them gear up first.

Seeing how we're able to get gems for all specs i think might be the same deal with the cloaks. (Wouldn't make sense to force ppl to do only 1 role).

lf help finding my 2nd trinket, currently have the 522 expertise/str valor trinket. for moy other one would people suggest the tanking 522 valor trinket mastery+ on use dodge or the 489 shadopan one that is stam+ on use dodge. Using haste build fyi

Ghost Iron Dragonling is superior to the 522 mastery trinket. So it is a question about Shado-Pan vs Ghost Iron Dragonling. You want secondary stats or stamina? Make a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Ghost Iron Dragonling is superior to the 522 mastery trinket. So it is a question about Shado-Pan vs Ghost Iron Dragonling. You want secondary stats or stamina? Make a choice.
    hey firefly33 , which trinkets are better than the ghostling trinket ? And how comes haste & crit is better than dodge & parry isn't crit kinda bad for us ?
    Greetings maiku

Quote Originally Posted by maiku77 View Post
    hey firefly33 , which trinkets are better than the ghostling trinket ? And how comes haste & crit is better than dodge & parry isn't crit kinda bad for us ?
    Greetings maiku
    While crit is somewhat ineffective for us, the matter of fact is that dodge/parry are also quite useless, because of that we view this item choice as haste + 1 shitty stat we can reforge away vs 2 shitty stats where can we can reforge only 1 away.

Also which trinket is better depends on your gear / build, if you have a lot of hit/exp gear you might benefit from pure haste trinkets (Will's str one. or horridon's). In other cases you might want to grab a stam trinket. Some trinkets are situation, but GID is fairly overpowered because of it's 1.8k secondary stats.

Quote Originally Posted by maiku77 View Post
    Greetings maiku
    Why haste is better than dodge/parry is kinda obvious.
    Ideally in the Ghost Iron Dragonling you want to fit in Hit/exp/haste or mastery gem. However in some cases, you will reach hit cap even with reforging away from hit, so the extra hit gem will only overcap you, then you will have to use haste/exp/mastery gems, which is not optimal but also very good.

You do not need to use crit gems at all.

crit vs dodge/parry is a matter of prefference. I personally would not use the word better, in terms of crit vs parry/dodge, I would just say that crit is less shitty. In my opinion, dodge/parry has a value of 0 on single target boss fights. It has some value on fights like tortos bats which is AoE, its actually pretty decent there, but not good enough for me to justify gearing for dodge/parry for 1/13 fights.

So I rather have more crit, which atleast adds more damage than having dodge/parry, which in my tanking opinion does nothing for me, as dodge/parries are unreliable and can not be counted for. My thinking of tanking is that, I should be able to survive something, always, any time. If surviving for me requires me to get lucky dodges, or if getting bad luck streak of dodges results in death, then I would consider myself a horrible tank. I rather have 0 dodge and parry, and rely more on my own skills, cooldown usage and health management. I think dodge/parry is horribly designed and in no way needed for tanking. Which is why I prefer crit > dodge/parry since it is atleast reliable and provide decent dps.

That said, crit is still far behind than the other stats. I just do not find it as useless as other people here does. And I would rather avoid a dodge/parry piece than a crit one.

That said, crit is still far behind than the other stats. I just do not find it as useless as other people here does. And I would rather avoid a dodge/parry piece than a crit one.
    * Unless said dodge/parry piece is higher in item level, such as an upgrade from 496-509 to 522-528, thus making the stamina increase eclipse the other stats.