Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    * Unless said dodge/parry piece is higher in item level, such as an upgrade from 496-509 to 522-528, thus making the stamina increase eclipse the other stats.
    Yes, of course that. You have to remember that stamina, armor, sockets, and more secondary stats = more reforging, so generally higher item level is awesome. Secondary stats is still.. secondary... Stamina and armor is great.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Yes, of course that. You have to remember that stamina, armor, sockets, and more secondary stats = more reforging, so generally higher item level is awesome. Secondary stats is still.. secondary... Stamina and armor is great.
    Well i wouldn't say that secondary stats are really secondary. Currently of all the gloves it seems like that the best alternative (for 522ilvl) after the ones off primordius are the valor int ones, simply because of that haste/mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Well i wouldn't say that secondary stats are really secondary. Currently of all the gloves it seems like that the best alternative (for 522ilvl) after the ones off primordius are the valor int ones, simply because of that haste/mastery.
    Well they still got the same stamina and armor.
    Strength is thirdary (ehr, what comes after secondary?) which is why the int gloves or okay.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Well they still got the same stamina and armor.
    Strength is thirdary (ehr, what comes after secondary?) which is why the int gloves or okay.
    Tertiary. :P

And as far as crit versus avoidance goes, it's not even a matter of which is "better", it's a matter of "what do you want?" Crit is damage, avoidance is defense. If you're comfortable with your damage intake and can sacrifice defense for offense, that's when the choice matters.

I was thinking, going haste build, I shouldn't go for tier items should I? Since they all suck. Who uses that heal on themselves anyways?
    Or am I perhaps wrong here and should start working out how I could infact use that t15 2set bonus? The 4set bonus looks ok tho.

Are they worth going for, or should I just get all the other gear with very nice stats on them for raiding?
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Well, I rather give tier pieces to my other guild mates so I am not actively chasing it, and tier pieces are not so good that I would use 502 over 522.

The protection helmet and shoulders are OK (mastery/expertise and mastery/hit respectively), the retribution chest is excellent (haste/expertise), Primordius and Durumu non-set items for hands (hit/haste) and pants (exp/haste). At least, that is what I'm planning on doing.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

anyone did any theory on how good is 2pc set bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by zloitima View Post
    anyone did any theory on how good is 2pc set bonus?
    I think I remember reading some, IIRC it is nice to have, but not worth trying to keep up 100% of the time; see it as a way to reduce the mitigation penalty of hitting WoG instead of ShoR.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Again, in a stochaistic meassure of a fight where you are constantly being face punched with 100% melee hits, it is okay, but not worth maintaining.

In reality, it is mostly crap. It is mostly for those cases when you actually have to use a WoG, it kind off weakens the blow of having to waste HoPo on WoG instead of SotR, making it more forgiveable.

The only exception is when you can bank up holy power in advance and it in advance.

Say tortos bats. You cast a WoG before they land, so you can keep both the block buff + SotR up, thats the cases when it is good, or actually extremely good, so it is more of a niche ability, it is very good in 5 mans though, it fairs well vs multiple mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    The 4set bonus looks ok tho.
    The 4p bonus has been very nice to me. If you have it, you can actually abuse it with Unbreakable Spirit. Just stand in lots of stuff and pop DP and take in all the Holy Power.

Field Marshal
    hi guys, first of all i want to say this thread is great and i've picked up so much good info about MoP paladin tanking here.

I've been sticking with haste build through T14, but now with new gear i've reached a point where with more haste i feel uncofortable, cause buttons are coming off CD faster then i can push them, so is it ok if stick to that haste limit and start stacking more mastery or should i still stack haste and use less gap fillers and more CS and Judgement? Found out that around 15% haste and 3.9s CS cd i feel most comfortable. Hit is capped and exp hard capped.

Casual 10 man 5/12 normal tank.

Ofc it is fine for you to stack mastery. If you do not feel like you can keep up with your rotation with more haste, then getting more haste would just be wasted. Gear however you feel comfortable. If that is by getting 15% haste and then mastery, then go for it.

Hey there, long time reader but haven't felt the need to post until my guild had me mainswitch to prot.

I definitely have some problem pieces, and some indecision on gemming, any advice would be appreciated.

Can't link yet, sorry!
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Lisey/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    I was thinking, going haste build, I shouldn't go for tier items should I? Since they all suck. Who uses that heal on themselves anyways?
    Or am I perhaps wrong here and should start working out how I could infact use that t15 2set bonus? The 4set bonus looks ok tho.

Are they worth going for, or should I just get all the other gear with very nice stats on them for raiding?
    I decided to avoid tier gear at all. Just grabbed ret chest because it obviously has amazing stats. Using haste/mastery crafted helmet, haste/mastery TF shoulders that are on shared loot table, haste/exp TF pants from Durumu and haste/hit gloves from Primordius. Good thing about those items is that everyone else goes for tier, you can easily take those pieces without hurting your dps fellows. At least that's what happened in our 25man. And we're bit heavy on melee side (have a total of 3 dps dks, 3 dps warriors and 2 rets in the raid who are rotating for the spots, no more than a total of 6 present a time), yet I grabbed all those on their first drops.
    Lethora, 90 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 90 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU
    Raiding 25man, 10hrs/week, 13/14H.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisey View Post
    Hey there, long time reader but haven't felt the need to post until my guild had me mainswitch to prot.

I definitely have some problem pieces, and some indecision on gemming, any advice would be appreciated.

Can't link yet, sorry!
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Lisey/advanced
    Wouldn't say you're doing too badly, only points I'd make are, you need to choose either Stamina or Haste, don't hybrid gem everything, I see that <Slack> are a 25m, so you might want to consider stacking Stam gems till you're up to a better ilvl and/or have some Stam trinkets to swap in for fights that need them.

Also your trinkets are pretty dire, neither of them are really desirable, and since you're scraping very close to the Expertise cap (which btw, you might want to consider dropping to the soft cap till you've got a bit more to work with) I'd recommend you pick-up a Ghost Iron Dragonling, as for which trinket to have it replace, that's mostly up to you, I'd personally replace the Darkmist to keep the passive Mastery/Expertise, but an argument can be made for either.

Also if you sort your gemming out, you can use the Reds for pure Expertise which should help you out a bit, same for some of the the crappy bonus ones.

Can see you've done your homework anyway, and made the best of what you had, so just keep going
    Last edited by Xs; 2013-04-10 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    What about the Haste/Expertise gloves from Oondasta?

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Wouldn't say you're doing too badly, only points I'd make are, you need to choose either Stamina or Haste, don't hybrid gem everything, I see that <Slack> are a 25m, so you might want to consider stacking Stam gems till you're up to a better ilvl and/or have some Stam trinkets to swap in for fights that need them.

Also your trinkets are pretty dire, neither of them are really desirable, and since you're scraping very close to the Expertise cap (which btw, you might want to consider dropping to the soft cap till you've got a bit more to work with) I'd recommend you pick-up a Ghost Iron Dragonling, as for which trinket to have it replace, that's mostly up to you, I'd personally replace the Darkmist to keep the passive Mastery/Expertise, but an argument can be made for either.

Also if you sort your gemming out, you can use the Reds for pure Expertise which should help you out a bit, same for some of the the crappy bonus ones.

Can see you've done your homework anyway, and made the best of what you had, so just keep going
    Thanks for the checkup! Slack is actually 10 man, so I thought the haste/stam gems were the best of both worlds until my gear is less garbage. One question about trinkets... I have enough valor to buy the exp shado-pan one (or the old stam valor), would either/both of those be a good immediate choice for me? Could solve my stam and expertise problems pretty quickly.

I say get the stamina one first, others would say get the other...over-all I dislike putting hit and expertise on trinket slots. It makes swapping trinkets based on the boss fight a pain in the ass if you want to keep your caps (which, if you are contemplating a trinket with 1600 expertise, is probably a priority for you).

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I say get the stamina one first, others would say get the other...over-all I dislike putting hit and expertise on trinket slots. It makes swapping trinkets based on the boss fight a pain in the ass if you want to keep your caps (which, if you are contemplating a trinket with 1600 expertise, is probably a priority for you).
    Not that important with expertise at least, you can quite easily drop some for the odd fight without really noticing