I always did have a more "aggressive" style

I'm confused now, lets say you got a drop like the sha claw , boots with haste / mastery or dodge / parry , i assume you take the ones with haste / mastery to tank ?

I'm just confused with the whole pala / haste thing cause i never know when to buy / loot an item with haste / mastery or a stat like dodge / parry

10+ Year Old Account
    Take haste items preferably but just consier you wneed tho get 7.5% hit and 15% ep fisst. I'm so drunk I cant gibe proper reply but bascically aim for haste items but just make sure you get them caps first ads tehy nost important then haste comes ebxt!

I fuckog lov eing a student. Exams on friday mapo like fuck thats goan hapen
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-01-14 at 11:09 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Take haste items preferably but just consier you wneed tho get 7.5% hit and 15% ep fisst. I'm so drunk I cant gibe proper reply but bascically aim for haste items but just make sure you get them caps first ads tehy nost important then haste comes ebxt!

I fuckog lov eing a student. Exams on friday mapo like fuck thats goan hapen
    You had a good night out then, did you?

Translation:

Take haste items preferably but just consider that you need to get 7.5% hit and 15% expertise first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Translation:
    i ended no translation

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 12:21 PM ----------

Oh God I'm so sorry. I have absolutely no recollection. Was playing FIFA and then I remember waking up. Thanks to Butler Log for being my translator.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    The most gain I've gotten from this thread lately is the hysterical laughs at MerinPally's adventures. I'll probably live longer thanks to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    The most gain I've gotten from this thread lately is the hysterical laughs at MerinPally's adventures. I'll probably live longer thanks to you.
    In all fairness you're probably right, once you learn what little there is to learn you might as well have a laugh. My uncle who died of a Brain Tumour last summer, when it got to the point that drugs could only do so much and they were all experimental and surgery wasn't an option, what was prescribed for him as an aid was laughter in attempt to stimulate hormones which seemed to hold off the effects. To sort this, he got the Monty Python box sets and a Nintendo Wii so he could watch his wife flap her arms in an attempt to fly as a bird landing on pads

But yeah I'm just 19 and a student and I'm currently wearing a Gromit onesie. I have 1 exam and no lectures so I might as well get drunk out of boredom. Some others do it so it's not sad! Even now I'm a bit tipsy I won't lie.

Plus, above all this, I'm pretty bad even for a student. Considering I don't go to a shit uni, it's defo in the top 75 in the world and top 10 UK... the latter of which probably means more considering British uni reputation worldwide.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-01-15 at 11:17 PM.

I was considering Nottingham for Chemistry 5-6 years ago You've got some damn nice looking buildings there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nottingham wasn't where I wanted to be, I wanted to go to Imperial College London and they gave me an offer of AAA but I somehow missed it, got AAB in the end. However, I was too concerned about missing out on AAB and going to UCL I thought that was too much of a risk, Notts was my lowest offer so I took that to make certain I went to a decent uni. When somewhere like Notts is your 5th choice, to cry about going there would be pathetic.

Since I've been here though I've loved it so much is a lot of fun, more than I could have got anywhere else. That and Dr Martyn Poliakoff... I want a bobble head of him. I chose one of my modules for the sole reason that he taught it.

Of course, Nottingham has the advantage that you can move out of Halls in your third year and find a relatively nice place/not bad place near the Uni without totally breaking the bank, like you would in London.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely a good thing, however most people move out myself included and live in the nearby student area of Lenton. Normally the only people who stay in halls are loaded non-UK students Guy who lives next door to me is in his 2nd of 3 years and is Turkish, he'll probably stay next year too.

Deleted
    Would like to know if any you guys went mastery over haste for Sha of Fear heroic? seems like a decent idea with dread trash etc..?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    Would like to know if any you guys went mastery over haste for Sha of Fear heroic? seems like a decent idea with dread trash etc..?
    Can't speak from a paladin PoV, since i tanked it as warrior. But i doubt you would want to sacrifice even a bit of control for extra mitigation on dread thrash. They hit pretty damn hard, but SoTR and DP with unbreakable spirit is more than enough. If you for some reason don't have DP up for a D-thrash you can just ask for an ironbark. It's more about understanding his timing than going overkill with cooldowns.

Deleted
    Yes, mastery is very good on sha of fear. If you have access to mastery gear, by all means, equip it for sha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    Can't speak from a paladin PoV, since i tanked it as warrior. But i doubt you would want to sacrifice even a bit of control for extra mitigation on dread thrash. They hit pretty damn hard, but SoTR and DP with unbreakable spirit is more than enough. If you for some reason don't have DP up for a D-thrash you can just ask for an ironbark. It's more about understanding his timing than going overkill with cooldowns.
    the point of going for the mastery was the amount of damage dread trash does - you can still time sotr with dread trash without going fully for haste but it'll reduce it more?

Deleted
    Mastery is better than haste in terms of survivability on Sha HC, not really any argument against it.

/Signed Haste Crusader

Deleted
    the point of going for the mastery was the amount of damage dread trash does - you can still time sotr with dread trash without going fully for haste but it'll reduce it more?
    Meh, my point is that paladins are made for taking dread thrases and SoTR + divine protection will trivialize the mechanic even without a dedicated mastery build. I would prefer haste for more DPS if i was able to play my paladin on that fight. This is my opinion though, don't have to agree with it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    Meh, my point is that paladins are made for taking dread thrases and SoTR + divine protection will trivialize the mechanic even without a dedicated mastery build. I would prefer haste for more DPS if i was able to play my paladin on that fight. This is my opinion though, don't have to agree with it!
    On any fight where you do not have a problem surviving, haste will always be better. As long as you survive, the more dps is better. If the damage is trivial, it does not matter which stat is best for damage reduction.

However for Sha, if you are having problems surviving, mastery will be better than haste, period. If you however do not have problem surviving the thrashes, haste is better due to the added dps. So you gotta think to yourself, is surviving a problem? And gear accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    So you gotta think to yourself, is surviving a problem? And gear accordingly.
    Basically this, which is what people seem to have forgotten. Haste is as much a dps stat as a survival stat but if you're going to take big hits which mastery can prevail on, once you no longer take too much damage courtesy of your mastery then why wouldn't you stack haste? Because at that point you've got your survival that you need then on top of that you're getting more dps and healing out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    However for Sha, if you are having problems surviving, mastery will be better than haste, period.
    If you have trouble surviving it's either because you misstime your SotR and/or DP, or because you are undergeared for the encounter. This is my opinion from killing it on 10-man. I can't see how a paladin would ever die from dread thrash because of not enough mastery, instead i would say what will wipe your raid is the sheer length of the phase. So any way you can help in shortening it through personal DPS is probably a good way to go and not worry too much about the tank damage.